Sponsored Links

Speed just dropped.

benparker

Top Member
Ok so I've been using Smarty (3 mvno) unlimited with Huawei B535 router for good couple of month and the download speeds just dropped. I was on average 50Mbps but for the past 4 days or so it's just about 20Mbps.

I've placed it in the best position in my house after trial and error but now I'm finding lots of buffering especially with YouTube. Has anyone experienced similar?

Plenty of people have this kind of issue with Three. Their network gets used pretty heavily and their capacity gets hammered.

You could make sure it’s not your end by looking at the advanced router settings and finding the signal values and posting them back here and someone will tell you if they’re alright.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the network status page, I lost some speed recently and Three's network status showed work being done. Speeds went back to normal when the work was completed.

Same, my network was 100mbps and now I'm at half the speed, I don't have any other providers as I live in some random spot in North wales I had fast 4g and now it's slow as hell.

Welcome to Three's Contention nation. For some people its a fast impact, for some slower than others, but over time there is always a definite drop in speed.

More customers month on month with no increase in back-haul provision produces these results.

Sponsored Links
I have two mobiles on Smarty, and if I do a speed test only on one of them I get 75mbps. If I do it on both at the same time (both with their own LTE connection). I get about 35mbps on each.

So all you need is another heavy user on your cell to halve your bandwidth. That's unfortunately the nature of wireless.

Smarty specifically state on their Web site "Fast 4G/3G" and "No Speed Caps". However unlike EE that differentiates between 4G, 4G+ and 5G THREE clearly boasts "5G ready". So ...

I am right by assuming the Smarty SIMs are prevented from accessing the THREE 5G frequencies?

In addition THREE have been flooding the market with unlimited SIMS. How are they going to manage prioritisation/balance between 4G/5G/Back Haul when 5G Routers/Phones are going to become more prevalent and they take higher data without additional revenue? (5G or better 4G+function)

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules