Sponsored

Speed Test Results

Essex Guy

Top Member
Total rubbish tonight :( :

paul316

Pro Member
Thats roughly what I got ealier, but now its too slow to recheck it and see if its improved. Which isn't a good sign. I am wondering have more heavy users now joined up.

I tried to run another speedtest there now, too bloody slow. It has never been this bad. Steve Kaye and Nick Pulford can shove their two bit, cowboy run company up their backsides. I wonder what lie...I mean excuse they will come up with now. If anything.

Mate of mine is on Titan and says its very good. Might have a sniff around there.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Hi guys,

I'm not sure what the situation is here but I'll try to find out and post you all an update: I've myself noticed a problem this morning on the ADSL connection I use to work from so although some users may have problems because they're on the 'naughty pipe' (as some put it), that's not going to apply to many of you here, including myself...

Paulplex

ISP Rep
I've just spoken with EurISP.

I'm waiting for confirmation of this all by email, but it appears one of the BT centrals went down last night around 6pm; servicing our customers there are more than one central but of course when you take out of action a large chunk of the bandwidth customers could use to get out on the internet, unsurprisingly connection speeds are going to drag somewhat :hrmph:

BT were looking into this issue last night and from my understanding, this issue should now be fully resolved - however, since I've noticed problems myself still on my own ADSL connection, I've asked EurISP to confirm to me by email what they can about the cause of the issues and if indeed this has been resolved.

Pistoleer

Top Member
Cheers for that Paul. Unfortunately atm i also am still having the same problem.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Cheers for that Paul. Unfortunately atm i also am still having the same problem.

I'm waiting on an email from EurISP this morning to confirm it's all been fully resolved: I myself am noticing a connection thats less than it should here too...:hrmph:

Paulplex

ISP Rep
I've not heard from EurISP yet, Pistoleer, but are you still having issues? I've checked myself and all seems okay again now - indeed, I think thats the case from other customers too...

Pistoleer

Top Member
I've not heard from EurISP yet, Pistoleer, but are you still having issues? I've checked myself and all seems okay again now - indeed, I think thats the case from other customers too...
Im still at work so can't test until i get home. I will post here when i do cheers. That is encouraging to hear that it is sorted for others.

Thanks for asking and keeping us informed. Very good.
I dont then mean to be awkward, but, why wouldn't EURisp treat such an enquiry by yourself as being priority...? Is there no system in place such that you have direct phone access to them to find out? If not, should there not be?

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Im still at work so can't test until i get home. I will post here when i do cheers. That is encouraging to hear that it is sorted for others.

Thanks for asking and keeping us informed. Very good.
I dont then mean to be awkward, but, why wouldn't EURisp treat such an enquiry by yourself as being priority...? Is there no system in place such that you have direct phone access to them to find out? If not, should there not be?
I called EurISP first thing this morning before 9am to find out what was going on to be advised about the BT central issue last night - I was also promised an email back to confirm the nature of the problem so I could update our customers accurately. That, I've not received but I've updated our customers as best I can from what I've learnt from three phone calls made by myself to EurISP this morning.

If it's working, I'm happy - and indeed, looking at the majority of our customers, I think it is all working okay - but I'd like that email if I was promised it...

Pistoleer

Top Member
Back home and tested - looks all good again, i can confirm.

Thanks Paul. Yep i am not faulting you at all, you are on the case which is great.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Quick update about the problem last night...

I've just had a phone call from EurISP, checking to make sure everything's okay: from what I can see, it seems to be but I've got an answer for those who found they were still getting slow speeds and high latency after BT fixed the problem with the faulty central in the very early hours of this morning.

Effectively, with one central down, all ADSL customers were connecting over a network with less bandwidth - however, unless you disconnected and reconnected after BT's fix to the problem, you would still have been on the 'diminished' network since your connection wouldn't notice that the faulty central was back again.

A few customers noticed a drop in connection this morning: effectively at 11:13am today, BT automatically kicked everyone offline who hadn't themselves reconnected since BT had fixed the central pipe - that explains firstly the intermittent drop many users had before lunch today and why before that drop some users were still getting slow speeds whilst others were getting good speeds again - everyone should be getting good speeds now however, following that 'kick' this morning after 11.

I'm going home now - hopefully, I'll come back in the morning to see that nothing had fallen over tonight :p

djreynolds

Top Member
I just tried it & it seems OK....but unusually for me I left the router on overnight & all day, so I'll try a reboot to see if that reduces the difference between BT and speedtest.net

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5775 kbps

http://www.speedtest.net/result/197420110.png

priya

I tested my broadband speed here Edited to remove the link no spamming our forums.
My speed test results are,
7.02Mbps when downloading,
2.36Mbps when uploading...

Last edited by a moderator:

geethk

hi
friend
i checked my internet speed here

my download speed:1.08kbps
my upload speed:0.86kbps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2192)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules