Sponsored

speed tests removed from Core forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJH

Oooooo...

Broadband Speed Test Results

Results from broadband speed test recorded on Tuesday, 14 February 2006, 23:19.
Your Connection

Downstream 1898 Kbps (237.3 KB/sec) 2049 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 240 Kbps (30.0 KB/sec) 259 Kbps (inc. overheads)

GJH

You posted your speed on plusnet. I imagine you did this as bulldog said he didn't get very good speeds with them.

I posted my speed on NDO to support/backup bulldog's statement(s) that NDO offer excellent speeds.

There's nothing troll about it. A bit of paranoia on your part maybe.

Generally I find speed tests quite boring. Unless it's chugging along alike an over-weight elephant, I don't pay much attention to speeds.

You repeatedly say "Plusnet are the best ISP for [me]". I'm just saying likewise about NDO :)

GJH

Hmm... quick summary.

1) Discussion about an ISP.
2) Veered 'cos the ISP turned out to not be so great.
3) Somone mentioned another ISP.
4) OP commented he'd been there and wasn't going back based on previous experience of said ISP.
5) You posted a speed test of said ISP. *
6) I posted a speed test of another ISP to support the OP's view of his new ISP offering excellent speeds.
7) You accuse me of being a troll.

* The impression you sometimes give in some of your posts is that (in your view) the grass isn't greener anywhere else and I, like others, would suggest otherwise.

Elsewhere on this board you've suggested I have links with my ISP. Thus, I think you need to stop being so paranoid.

Having had experience of your ISP I can't say I'd go back there either.

This thread isn't about t'sheffield lot anyway so I think it's gone a bit OT.

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
I had to say I do agreed what GJH had say. NDO is my top experience, as for core isp, is my huge regret of my life, but with NDO, I never regret myself.

As for Plusnet, it getting me boring right now because Plusnet is about to changing their peak time again on Premier and BB+ and no wonder I left them. I just can't bear to look into other isp's for the time being because I am quite happy with NDO at the present time. Always at over 1840k so fars, as it about right for the 2Mb service.

Ask Graham (GJH for a tablet to cool your head down!)

lighterboy

ULTIMATE Member
Ask Graham (GJH for a tablet to cool your head down!)
LOL the perveyor of kalms tablets (www.ndousers.com running joke).

NDO good choice, welcome back. proves the grass isnt greener the other side. ndo always stable and reliable.. and cs getting better by the day too.

LB

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Please do not promote or post speeds tests for another ISP in the wrong forums

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
GJH said:
* The impression you sometimes give in some of your posts is that (in your view) the grass isn't greener anywhere else and I, like others, would suggest otherwise.

Your opinion of course, which you are perfectly entitled to, and which I have no objection to, it was the somewhat sarcastic " Ooooo " that I was referring to as being troll like.

I will say no more other than note that I did have a look at the NDO Section on Adsl Guide....Nuff said, speaks volumes.

Oh and you seem to have changed your tune about NDO/Namesco, you stated only a few days ago...

quote ..

NDO weren't perfect but at least they were open and honest about things.

Unlike Namesco it seems.

Graham
unquote

or...quote2

The future's vague. The future's Namesco.

Graham
unquote.

No doubt you will go and delete them now, as it seems you do with other items that you don't like / or regret on the NDO Forum, in your role as Moderator.:rolleyes:

GJH

No doubt you will go and delete them now, as it seems you do with other items that you don't like / or regret on the NDO Forum, in your role as Moderator.
I find the statement above unbelievable.

I am not a moderator on the NDO forum and I would be grateful if you didn't make suggestions otherwise. It's just as lame as your suggestion that I have 'links' with them.

I did help with moderating one section on the NDO forum about 2 years ago.

I won't delete any comments on the NDO/Namesco forum. I stand by my comments as they relate to a specific issue, not a general one.

I removed one thread which I started on the NDO forum because on reflection it could be dealt with more appropriately privately. Removing the first post on their forum removes all subsequent posts.

My comments above are out of context and I'd appreciate it if you didn't requote me in this way. There may well be other issues with requoting comments from other forums without permission.

I am satisfied with my NDO connection. I wasn't satisfied with the way they dealt with a particular issue last week. Please refrain from using this to try and support your viewpoint.

Plusnet meets your requirements.
They don't meet mine.

The End

Last edited:

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
This topic is now pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2654)
  2. FTTP (2461)
  3. FTTC (1722)
  4. Building Digital UK (1663)
  5. Politics (1542)
  6. Openreach (1512)
  7. Business (1326)
  8. FTTH (1235)
  9. Statistics (1157)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1130)
  11. Fibre Optic (1020)
  12. 4G (976)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (973)
  14. Wireless Internet (972)
  15. Virgin Media (936)
  16. EE (651)
  17. Sky Broadband (639)
  18. TalkTalk (618)
  19. Vodafone (604)
  20. 3G (441)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules