Sponsored Links

spusu uk

Alleshi

I ported my number to Spusu UK
I tried their speed which was the same as EE no restriction on 5G or 4G+

But the problem is that they are having issues with OPT messages.
I cannot get codes from my bank if i want to logon to my bank, or if i want to activate whatssap or Viber.
I can send sms, but im unable to receive sms from noone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_212023_WhatsApp-min.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_212023_WhatsApp-min.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 234
Are y ou using eSIM? I read that if you switch to physical SIM the problem goes away, there's a whole thread about this problem.

I have the same issue with spusu. On standard SIM I can receive OTP from Lloyds. But I have issues with banks from abroad, In that case OTP codes cannot reach me.

Sponsored Links
Are y ou using eSIM? I read that if you switch to physical SIM the problem goes away, there's a whole thread about this problem.

no i dont use esim just sim
also im not possible to receive any sms, but i can send sms
this is a huge problem
i wonder if i can port back now to other network

You should be able to port out, btw they are quite responsive on whatsapp, get in touch, the support is quite good, shame about the sms issues.
It is indeed unacceptable not to be able to receive them.

You should be able to port out, btw they are quite responsive on whatsapp, get in touch, the support is quite good, shame about the sms issues.
It is indeed unacceptable not to be able to receive them.
can i do the porting although i have this issue with not receiving opt or any sms from spusu ?

Sponsored Links
can i do the porting although i have this issue with not receiving opt or any sms from spusu ?
I have not tried, but as I said, they are very available on Whatsapp, I'm sure they would be able to provide a PAC code that way so you can move away.

SMS verification and short codes DO NOT WORK for some reason on Spusu UK, I tried two well known ones the reporting spam one (7726) and TPS registration (85095)and neither worked - plus the European ringtone was just weird. The feeling was they rely heavily on the Austrian part of the network.

I ported over to another EE MVNO (1p Mobile) and the issues have gone away.

The EU dialling tone is gone, data routes via the UK but short codes still don’t work.
IMG_5637.png

I think the issue with it not working on eSIMs may because Tele2 is involved in the routing of eSIMs.

The normal SIMs themselves, as far as I know, are provisioned entirely on their own.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the European ringtone update.

I think if the short codes worked and they took on HD calling, I can live with clunky voicemail - I'd come back - as I used the 500 EU minutes benefit as I have two good friends in the EU who don't own iPhones and WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger were awful for calls (yes I know there's other apps but they are day-to-day users - not mobile diehards like us)

When I roamed on Spusu my mobile network section on my phone was a mess of Tele2 and Spusu settings - it roamed fine but was messy.

1pmobile is a safer bet at this stage?
100% Yes.
1p Mobile isn’t the best value for money and their billing system has its oddities. But it’s generally better value than EE itself while giving you a SIM that behaves pretty much exactly the same as a real EE branded one. You know exactly what to expect with it, and can be confident that it will just work.

100% Yes.
1p Mobile isn’t the best value for money and their billing system has its oddities. But it’s generally better value than EE itself while giving you a SIM that behaves pretty much exactly the same as a real EE branded one. You know exactly what to expect with it, and can be confident that it will just work.
Thank you. I have gone with 1pMobile and look forward to the perks the EE network brings. Cheers!

100% Yes.
I have to agree with Koda (Koda do you also post on HotUKDeals?)

The billing system is weird and you'll get used to it and for low usage bolt ons, the value for money is poor, but I'm a heavy user.

The 200GB plus EU roaming (now I keep a 3PAYG and Nomad eSim for outside EU) was awesome for me.

You get what you pay for, streaming is more solid, network feels quicker, as for speeds, 3 will beat it if you're in one their 5G zones, but 4G is noticeably more responsive and reliable especially in congested areas.

Sponsored Links
I have issues with OTP on Spusu too, but I get around it most of the time, I am using the Spusu eSIM, i would consider 1p mobile, but they do not do an eSIM

I have issues with OTP on Spusu too, but I get around it most of the time, I am using the Spusu eSIM, i would consider 1p mobile, but they do not do an eSIM

1p mobile just became more expensive by requiring a minimum spend of £10 every 3 months.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules