Sponsored Links

STAC codes?

LeeWillRockYou

Pro Member
I'm wanting to cancel my Three contract or at least not let it renew for another month.
They've sent me a STAC code, what do I do with it?

I've already joined a new provider, so I can't give it to them - can I?

I've tried texting it to 75075 but nothing really happened.

I appreciate this is a nice new way to end contracts hassle free but what about us poor buggers who don't do things the straightforward way? 😉

You could get a PAC code and then tell your new provider you want to move the Three number to them.
That way it automatically cancels the Three contract.
Or just phone up Three and cancel the contract, although you have to listen to a lot of sales talk as well.

I'm wanting to cancel my Three contract or at least not let it renew for another month.
They've sent me a STAC code, what do I do with it?

I've already joined a new provider, so I can't give it to them - can I?

I've tried texting it to 75075 but nothing really happened.

I appreciate this is a nice new way to end contracts hassle free but what about us poor buggers who don't do things the straightforward way? 😉
You have to give it to your new provider. You don't text it to them. It depends who your provider is. Reply with who it is and I'll tell you the procedure.

EDIT: you can give it to your new provider if you have already joined them

Sponsored Links
Ah ok same as me then :). Lebara also give you £10 free credit for porting in a number so you might as well do that. I don't know if you can request a PAC whilst having an active stac? Might as well try it. To PAC your number over to Lebara, go to this page 👉https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/portin

Probably best to do the PAC as I can't really find any info with Lebara and STAC codes. If you can't get a PAC, just get a pay and go SIM card and dump the Three number on there, it's a MBB one so no one will care (I'm guessing)

That appears to have worked, thank you! Although annoyingly it told me that my final bill will be £22.49, whereas it said £0.00 before and I had this confirmed by customer services before.
Things are never straightforward for me 😩

Sponsored Links
That appears to have worked, thank you! Although annoyingly it told me that my final bill will be £22.49, whereas it said £0.00 before and I had this confirmed by customer services before.
Things are never straightforward for me 😩
Interestingly, they are trying to charge me £20.72 for cancelling within 14 days and claiming that they lost the 5G hub that I sent them. they really need to sort out their cancellation procedure.

You use a STAC if you don't want to move the number to the new network. You give the STAC to your new provider, they use it to notify your old provider that you've moved without moving your number and that terminates the old contract with the old provider. Any contractual liabilities would apply (eg if you had a 2 year contract and used a STAC 6 months in, they'd be within rights to charge you for the remaining 18 months).

You use a PAC if you want to move and keep your existing number. Same process, but the old/new providers will ensure your number is moved to the new provider.

If you are not looking to take a new contract/agreement with someone else, you don't use a PAC or a STAC and simply contact your current provider and give notice normally.

In your case, if you've already moved, and don't want the old number, you contact your current provider and give notice in the usual way - so usually a 30 day notice period.

I'm assuming you could also use a STAC on a PAYG sim, but I pay no attention to Pay As You Go stuff generally so can't be sure.

You use a STAC if you don't want to move the number to the new network. You give the STAC to your new provider, they use it to notify your old provider that you've moved without moving your number and that terminates the old contract with the old provider. Any contractual liabilities would apply (eg if you had a 2 year contract and used a STAC 6 months in, they'd be within rights to charge you for the remaining 18 months).

You use a PAC if you want to move and keep your existing number. Same process, but the old/new providers will ensure your number is moved to the new provider.

If you are not looking to take a new contract/agreement with someone else, you don't use a PAC or a STAC and simply contact your current provider and give notice normally.

In your case, if you've already moved, and don't want the old number, you contact your current provider and give notice in the usual way - so usually a 30 day notice period.

I'm assuming you could also use a STAC on a PAYG sim, but I pay no attention to Pay As You Go stuff generally so can't be sure.
Yes you can use PAC STAC on PAYG

And how do i use it?

I have a code from 3 and my new contract is with 3 again
I was told I have to use another provider. Do I txt it somewhere?

Sponsored Links
And how do i use it?

I have a code from 3 and my new contract is with 3 again
I was told I have to use another provider. Do I txt it somewhere?
If it's a STAC, and you no longer want the number, you can give it to anyone on another network to use to terminate the number.

Asking again

How that STAC number has to be used pls?

Let's say I'll give it to Boris and he's thick
What he has to do wit it?

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules