Sponsored Links

STMP Outage

It shows how quiet the forums are becoming, Vispa is listed as a "Busy" sub-forum, yet I am the only poster in months!!

Anyway, Vispa email is FCUK'ed again, this time it is outgoing mail only, incoming mail has not been affected so far.

I noticed yesterday evening and and found one reference on the Vispa forums- a headline to a post that I failed to actually find!! This at least shows that I am not alone.
I really do wish they would sort out the existing problems rather than mess about and cause new ones; what are the chances that this has been caused by the re-vamp the site has just undergone??

A nice new look but 1/2 the links are STILL dead. Some have them have not worked in all the time I have been with them!!!!

Vispa do have their own forums and couple that to the summer period being quite sunny this year and you have a very quiet forum over here :) . On the other hand, we haven't heard much from the ISP itself in awhile, I hope they're not suffering too much with the current competitive climate. Certainly the lack of PR and news from Vispa is a bit worrying.

They do have a forum, and it makes a morgue seem lively; always assuming you can get into it!!
This morning I received a "Welcome to Vispa" email and suddenly my account works again; I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Sponsored Links
Another weekend, another email outage, both incoming and outgoing are not working, and the website is off line as well. Happened about 20 minutes ago.

If this all starts again I may well be looking for a new supplier.

Not sure what is happening at Vispa anymore seems all too quiet.

They are claiming they were moving ip range to get away from an adjacent range that was causing them to be blacklisted; so if it was planned and they knew it could cause problems; why the fcuk did they not send out an email to all their customers?

Pipex support was non existent if you had a problem, but at least you were sent notification of any work that might affect your connection or email.

The worst possible news I have had; casually mentioned in their explanation of the outage; is that they are sharing service's with Carphone Warehouse.

Oh CARP!! time to change??

So many parts of the Vispa site cause frustration because they do not work, but one that appears to work does give me some joy; because it doesn't work properly :D

I am referring to the download meter, that tells you how much of your 50Gig limit you have used; it is inconceivably wrong!! I have been sucking bandwidth for over a week downloading some heavy film files and was worried I was getting near the limit, but apparently I have only used 9gig:laugh::laugh:

I estimate I have actually used nearer 30gig!!! And that is just download, are they not suppose to count upload as well?? most of this was via bittorent, so there was a hefty upload as well.

My Name is Earl in HD, love it!!

Sponsored Links
This is getting better, Vispa (who use data provided from BT's radius servers.. or so it says on the website), now say I have used 5.9 gigs this month, a DROP of 3.1gig, yet I am 1/2 way through downloading another 20gig file!! (and have also downlaoded about 10gig of other files). :)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules