Sponsored Links

Sudenly unable to access B535-232 as password now incorrect

Landyman

Casual Member
I have been using my B535 with 4G without signifigant problems since new in July 2020.

Now having reset to factory settings by pressing in the hole, the password (admin) as printed on the device's lable is rejected.

As Three has been working on my local mast for many months, advice from Three was to change the settings to 3G only. Then reverting back to auto (4G) after a few days. I've done this many times and also done the factory reset many times, so know that admin has worked well in the past after a reset.

Today Three technical support has advised me that it can't access the B535 for testing because of these works.

The only thing I can think of is that an overnight update to the B535 has caused this problem.

Any advice would be most welcome.

This may seem like a silly question and you may have already tried, but have you tried "ADMIN" all uppercase or the wifi password printed on the router.

Yes "ADMIN" also fails. I've tried all of the passwords used in the past and all failed, just as to be expected after a factory reset !

Thanks for the suggestion, as often one does not concider the obvious.

Sponsored Links
I have found that some of these Huawei devices only "allow" one log in session at a time. If someone is already logged in, it will not allow another one and often says there is a problem with log in details even when they are 100% right.

I would power down the device and remove the SIM (to stop Three from accessing it remotely) and try accessing the admin page from the LAN, see if that works?

Thanks for your suggestions clivejo. While I'm trouble shooting the wife has been told not to use the Mi-Fi dashboard, so no second log-in.

I have removed the SIM, reset the B535 and rebooted my Windows 10 Pro laptop. Unable to gain access, but advised to inset a valid SIM.

With the SIM removed, I decided to test my two pocket Mi-Fi devices - E5573 and E5573B. I use one when in my motorhome and the other as a spare, which has a couple of antenna sockets for use with an external antenna in low signal areas.

I was able to use both for normal work and also conduct speed tests. Both could be accessed with the default password - "admin". The older one using 192.168.1.1 presented no problems; but the other uses 192.168.8.1 (same as the B535) so I had to clear 'cookies and images and files' before success. Not unreasonable.

So still waiting for Three to complete it's works on the local tower.

I have removed the SIM, reset the B535 and rebooted my Windows 10 Pro laptop. Unable to gain access, but advised to inset a valid SIM.
When you use 192.168.8.1, does it redirect you to https://hirouter.net/html/index.html ? If it does then your b535 is probably on the most recent update (This is under the assumption that all b535s from Three got the same update as me).

Did you try the default wifi password printed on your router? When searching the B535 on Three's support website, they state the default wifi password is the login password. I reset my B535 shortly after the most recent update and did not run into any problems.

Try the HiLink app as well.

"
1.Open the web browser on your connected device and go to the URL 192.168.8.1.
2.Enter the Login password. Your login password is the same as the Wi-Fi password, which can be found printed on the bottom or rear of your router."

When you use 192.168.8.1, does it redirect you to https://hirouter.net/html/index.html ? If it does then your b535 is probably on the most recent update (This is under the assumption that all b535s from Three got the same update as me).

Did you try the default wifi password printed on your router? When searching the B535 on Three's support website, they state the default wifi password is the login password. I reset my B535 shortly after the most recent update and did not run into any problems.

"
2.Enter the Login password. Your login password is the same as the Wi-Fi password, which can be found printed on the bottom or rear of your router."
Yes.... this exact thing happened to me recently. My B535 (from three) was sat under my sofa and with the recent enabling of B32, I thought I'd pull it out and try it again. It worked well, for about 5 mins before it rebooted and started doing this. the router IP now reroutes to hirouter.net and HuaCtrl doesn't work.

Sponsored Links
Yes.... this exact thing happened to me recently. My B535 (from three) was sat under my sofa and with the recent enabling of B32, I thought I'd pull it out and try it again. It worked well, for about 5 mins before it rebooted and started doing this. the router IP now reroutes to hirouter.net and HuaCtrl doesn't work.
Sounds like a botched firmware update. I'd get in touch with 3...

Sounds like a botched firmware update. I'd get in touch with 3...
I can't now unfortunately... I'm not in contract and use and different SIM from when the device was bought. I'm not fussed though as I've got I to a state where the admin interface works but HuaCtrl doesn't - I think I can live with that

Gosh three have been making some pretty poor firmware rollouts lately. I'm glad I disable mine on everything.

Sponsored Links
No I don't, please could you explain?
Here you go. Scroll to the bottom.

Here you go
That's for the ZTE device - we're on about the Huawei B535 here.

For about 21 months I have been able to get into the B535's dashboard using my own password or if the B535 has been reset using "admin" in lowercase as printed on it's label. I have a link in the bookmarks bar to the B535 - "https://192.168.8.1".

Then I kept seeing the "hirouter.net appear in the URL line of Chrome with an error message displayed. Locked out, I used various URLs and most also when to "hirouter". I found that "192.168.8.1" did work, but always failed the log-in password.

I did set the update to auto, but resets may have changed that. My B535 is now left on 24/7 as when new, I found that that I frequently had problems. Leaving in on 24/7 stopped the problems.

As reported above I've used the default login password. I've also used "ADMIN" (all uppercase) as found on your Three support URL. I've also used the long wi-fi login - all caps and numbers.

"

I did install some Huawei apps on my Note 9, but were unable to do anything with them. All other efforts were on my W10 Pro laptop.

I'll install the HiLink app for Windows and report back.

That's for the ZTE device - we're on about the Huawei B535 here.
Oh, wrong thread, sorry about that. I can't recall if i read it here or elsewhere but here is the script for huawei devices. Its similar to the zte one.

Name the bookmark whatever and copy and paste the script in the link section (txt file)

Edit. Found the thread.

I can confirm this script works with my b535

Attachments

• B535 script.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've also used the long wi-fi login - all caps and numbers.
I am out of ideas. As Lucian said, the update could've messed up in some way. Can only speak from my experience with the new update and all is well on my end, other than a few band selection apps not working anymore

I'll install the HiLink app for Windows and report back.

After installing BlueStacks X and HiLink it was unable to find a network.

So installed HiLink on my Note 9. This worked upto entering "Login password". Clicking on "Forgot password", advised to do a factory reset.

Other than installing a massive load of junk on my laptop - nothing acheived, other than a load of Google security alerts about log-ins on a OnePlus 5.

Default password is admin

But with the new auto firmware update they request you to have a password with uppercase and lower case and numbers

There's a reset button on the back of the router. With the router on press a pin into it and hold it for about 10 seconds and all the lights will go out on the front and it will reset then try admin

Default password is admin

But with the new auto firmware update they request you to have a password with uppercase and lower case and numbers

There's a reset button on the back of the router. With the router on press a pin into it and hold it for about 10 seconds and all the lights will go out on the front and it will reset then try admin
As reported above the default password after using the reset is NOT admin.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules