Sponsored Links

Supanet cancellation

If you migrated out to another ISP they had to supply a MAC code which would be used and that notifies them. Go for deadlock letter and send copy to Ofcom.

I've been reading this thread with interest, this is a disgraceful act from this so called ISP. I hope that you all follow the tips provided to get this resolved, though can imagine you could do without having to do so.

If you migrated out to another ISP they had to supply a MAC code which would be used and that notifies them. Go for deadlock letter and send copy to Ofcom.
I'm not sure how it works but if they had to supply the mac code then the letter from them is basically ********. Am i right in saying this

The ofcom rules on how you changed ISPs was cahnged in 2013 from MAc codes which had to be generated by your ISP used with your new ISP to move services. This is the notice as then Openreach would set dates when one service ends and the new one started. So if Supanet didn't close the accounts down that is them at fault not the customer. MAC codes had to be requested by you to move if you moved property at the same time then it was upto you to cancel the old connection. In 2013 OFCOm changed it to gaining provider led to remove the struggle many had trying to get a MAC code from their present ISP. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-2/consumer-switching-review I wouid raise this with the ADR and Ofcom the more customers afected by this contacting OFCOM the better chance you have of them looing into the complaint.

So if you migrated before 2013 you needed a MAC code those migrating after 2013 had no need to speak to Supernet as it was all done by Openreach. After 2013 you contacted your new ISP and they sent the order to Openreach who sent notification stating Ofcom GC 22 asking the loser supplier to send a final invoice to customer. At this time the old ISP was told you were leaving and should have adjusted the account to reflect that.

The ofcom rules on how you changed ISPs was cahnged in 2013 from MAc codes which had to be generated by your ISP used with your new ISP to move services. This is the notice as then Openreach would set dates when one service ends and the new one started. So if Supanet didn't close the accounts down that is them at fault not the customer. MAC codes had to be requested by you to move if you moved property at the same time then it was upto you to cancel the old connection. In 2013 OFCOm changed it to gaining provider led to remove the struggle many had trying to get a MAC code from their present ISP. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-2/consumer-switching-review I wouid raise this with the ADR and Ofcom the more customers afected by this contacting OFCOM the better chance you have of them looing into the complaint.

So if you migrated before 2013 you needed a MAC code those migrating after 2013 had no need to speak to Supernet as it was all done by Openreach. After 2013 you contacted your new ISP and they sent the order to Openreach who sent notification stating Ofcom GC 22 asking the loser supplier to send a final invoice to customer. At this time the old ISP was told you were leaving and should have adjusted the account to reflect that.
Thanks for your reply. Mine was transferred on 29th November 2012. I had requested a MAC code but they wouldn't give it to me. After transferring I paid them about £107 to complete in December 2012. I did have a contract with them that expired in October 2012 and they still would not let me go, so I paid for a month from Oct to Nov on credit card but not sure what else made up the £107. I'm thinking it must have been for cancellation and the router. The strange thing is when they asked me for proof I changed from them to BT they quoted my old works landline phone number so not sure what they are up to. I am not sure if I can raise the matter with the ADR until they give me a deadlock letter. I am not really sure what I am doing or how to do it, I am just copying things others have done on this thread and hoping they back down. I do know that i don't owe them anything.

So that's three people in close proximity suddenly getting demands for big payments from 6-7 years ago. I'm going to see if we can chase this one up with the ISP and find out what's going on as it's getting ridiculous.

I'd also suggest notifying Ofcom of this, as well as the ADR complaints handler, since something seems to be amiss.

MrR, did you leave Supanet with everything paid up (no debts) and did you leave them for any specific reason at the time?
i left supanet in 2014 having been through the worst bureaucratic nightmare i can ever think of - i had run ins with them all the time in the last 2 years - they charged me for going over my broadband usage and when i looked int o it they had changed it - so i had this great fight where i was lied to continuoulsy - i eventually managed to get hold of a guy who was a complaints officer and he seemed really genuine - my package was improved and cheaper - lo and behold the same thing happened - this company are crooks - i thought i had won because i left them and had an apology letter for a letter on my part no holds barred - alas i was hit by a text and then a letter 3 days ago from quickcollect - i phoned them up and have actually written a complaint to lancashire police and will doing the ofcom route yet again - this is 5 years later - i have contacted supanet online today and they say i owe them for a router - the trouble is i feel that they owe me a lot of money for the grief that they have caused me and a lot of other people - how can i trust them that i would pay for the crappy router and not try and rip me off with my bankcard - they are not to be trusted at all - we need to seek serious measures with these geezers

Well I contacted the ombudsman and filled in a complaint form online. Supernet were on the phone within the hour asking me to withdraw the case. She then went on to remove the extra money the horrible guy from quick collect added and have agreed to let me finish off paying what i originally owed as long as i send the router back. The router will just go in a skip with the rest of them.
But thanks to this forum I have finally gotten what I wanted in the first instance. All I wanted was to set up a weekly payment with the person from quick collect and he would not let me.
I've won in the end.
Thanks again everyone who has given me advice on here.
well done riverhickson but be very careful with this company - they have a habit of coming back to bite you - keep all documentation and back up - especially photocopy any paper evidence - i am really pissed off with this company and want them brought down - they are criminal in their activities - no it s true they have lied and lied to me time and time again

I wouldn't have even bothered speaking to them. Would have just placed the migration order with PlusNet and then have written back a letter telling them to get stuffed about the ancient router.
Their Terms & Conditions don't seem to mention returning of equipment:
https://www.supanet.com/live/pdf/supanet-broadband-service-terms.pdf

Also seems to be inaccurate these days as it mentions the old MAC (Migration code) procedure.
Their price list does clearly state the cease fee but doesn't mention anything about returning the router:
https://www.supanet.com/live/pdf/Price_list_supanet.pdf
Given that you were never charged the £69 upfront and the price list and terms don't mention that it is a deferred charge I'd contest this. Unless you have your original "your Order Confirmation" document which might mention this.

Again, if it were me and they were contesting that I still owed the router charge I'd go as far as deadlock letters and then ADR.

Supanet have, for years, been such a scummy company and don't deserve what few customers they have.
i have had a terrible time with supanet and fought them tooth and nail between 2013 and 2014 - they lied to me tried to extort money i went through the ombudsman - eventually i left out of contract in 2014 and lo and behold they want the modem fee - i could not believe when i got the letter through from quickcollect after the text - i literally went into a cold sweat - i despise these people i have 2 questions would you have me pay the 69 and then try and retreive it how do we bring these crooksters down - i rang quick collect and asked them for an apology having given them lancashire police number but i have to say the guy was unfazed - i ve also rung online supanet and despite the terrible lies and mishandling of my account she came back with you have to pay for the modem and they can have 6 years to collect might even have been 8 - this is a disgrace - i m not particularly good on stuff like things like this because of the way i react but it could actually kill someone

Its pretty obvious that they are crooks but they put so much pressure on that i nearly paid just to get them off my back but thought they would probably come back for more if I gave in. It really is a worry and have had sleepless nights over this and there are probably hundreds of us in this situation

They don't seem to have any consistency with their billing and reasons for the charges, just seem to pick random reasons for different people trying to grab money for anything they can . I was given differing reasons by different advisors. They are obliged to keep accurate records and fail drastically. Luckily I had kept letters and emails from 2013 and Sky provided me with Openreach and BT exchange reference for the line takeover which together enabled me to get the £725 demand cancelled but most wouldn't have this. I never returned the router but the haven't mentioned that yet hound others for payment ! Complete fraudsters.

Thanks for your reply. Mine was transferred on 29th November 2012. I had requested a MAC code but they wouldn't give it to me. After transferring I paid them about £107 to complete in December 2012. I did have a contract with them that expired in October 2012 and they still would not let me go, so I paid for a month from Oct to Nov on credit card but not sure what else made up the £107. I'm thinking it must have been for cancellation and the router. The strange thing is when they asked me for proof I changed from them to BT they quoted my old works landline phone number so not sure what they are up to. I am not sure if I can raise the matter with the ADR until they give me a deadlock letter. I am not really sure what I am doing or how to do it, I am just copying things others have done on this thread and hoping they back down. I do know that i don't owe them anything.
Contact their ADR now as it looks like they are not following the correct procedure themselves, also send an exact copy to Ofcom.

Contact their ADR now as it looks like they are not following the correct procedure themselves, also send an exact copy to Ofcom.
Should I do the ADR and Ofcom by post. I am not sure how these things work. Someone else on this thread said that the ADR didn't work because they wanted a deadlock letter from supernet.

I have just had an invoice from them today with order date 13th October 2010 and order confirmation 14th February 2019. It also has a welcome pack in it and it looks like they are trying to transfer me from BT to Supanet. I am getting really worn down by all of this and sent them an e-mail stating that in no way am I entering into a new contract with you and they are trying to scam and defraud me. I e-mailed Ofcom yesterday but not sure what happens with that. I don't think I can get an ADR without a deadlock letter from them.
Help !!!!!!

Make sure that your existing provider is aware that a new company is trying to take over your line without authorisation and they are not to release the service to the new provider.

I have just had an invoice from them today with order date 13th October 2010 and order confirmation 14th February 2019. It also has a welcome pack in it and it looks like they are trying to transfer me from BT to Supanet. I am getting really worn down by all of this and sent them an e-mail stating that in no way am I entering into a new contract with you and they are trying to scam and defraud me. I e-mailed Ofcom yesterday but not sure what happens with that. I don't think I can get an ADR without a deadlock letter from them.
Help !!!!!!
See if there are any legal firms near you that will give you a short period of free legal advice, or try the Citizen's Advice Bureau, for better advice than many of us can offer you on here. I suggest you also talk to Trading Standards to see if you have grounds for complaint. You just need good pointers on how to handle the situation.

Help !!!!!!
This is called SLAMMING, and is illegal; def contact OFCOM and BT, and scream blue murder about it in every forum where you are a member.
Thats what I did when Vispa handed my line over to TalkTalk LLU without telling me.

I contacted BT this morning and told them to block and inform me if anyone tries to take over my service. Hopefully that will stop them.

Well I contacted the ombudsman and filled in a complaint form online. Supernet were on the phone within the hour asking me to withdraw the case. She then went on to remove the extra money the horrible guy from quick collect added and have agreed to let me finish off paying what i originally owed as long as i send the router back. The router will just go in a skip with the rest of them.
But thanks to this forum I have finally gotten what I wanted in the first instance. All I wanted was to set up a weekly payment with the person from quick collect and he would not let me.
I've won in the end.
Thanks again everyone who has given me advice on here.
How did you fill a complaint form online - could you provide a link - thanks

How did you fill a complaint form online - could you provide a link - thanks
I used this below, but looking at it again it is only for monitoring purposes. I think the more of us that use it the better chance of them seeing a recurring Pattern or nightmare as I see it. I will probably have to wait the 8 weeks before I can take it further which is frustrating.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules