Sponsored

Supanet, Super deal!!!??

supernet = tiny computers isp

if they are anything like there pcs...watch out

and arnt they a datastream isp hence the low price?

bignige

ULTIMATE Member
Apparantly from reading in another forum the Supanet service is IPStream not datastream.

nicholas3000

Top Member
Read that on adslguide by any chance :) Must admit, this Supanet offer looks good, it'll be interesting to see what people say in the coming weeks about this...

Nick

nicholas3000

Top Member
It would explain the cheaper price I think, but maybe they are keeping it lower by having technical support at £1 a minute. Mind you, if there isn't a problem ever then your pretty safe!

stillill

avoid

check the forums at adslguide (sorry ispreview, it's just a busier community) :)

I've been with supanet for about 3 weeks and cancelled today due to the appalling level of service (throttling p2p, high pings, dialup is faster!)

let them sink.

bignige

ULTIMATE Member
Dred said:
Is this to good to be true!!.
Yes it is. I thought I would give them a try. Got good speeds for about a week but they are now suffering with massive capacity problems resulting in very slow/unusable speeds. They also seem to be throttling usenet and p2p as well but they aren't admitting it.

They say they have ordered extra pipes but these aren't going to be installed until the end of the year.

Although it is a 12 month contract they seem to be letting you leave if you have been with them for less than a month. I was and I am just waiting for my MAC code.

I would rather pay a bit more a month and get a reliable and fast connection.

Cheap is definately not always best and I'm lucky to be getting away from them.

Web Buddy

In the end you get what you pay for £22 for 1Mbs in my view is not a realistic price.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
stillill said:
check the forums at adslguide (sorry ispreview, it's just a busier community) :)

I've been with supanet for about 3 weeks and cancelled today due to the appalling level of service (throttling p2p, high pings, dialup is faster!)

let them sink.
Might be but if everyone would post here then this ADSL sectioni would be as busy. I have seen the ADSL boards and our forums are easier to read and follow. So instead of directing our members there why not post what you know here.

ctracey_uk

Supanet are having capacity problems

I've just migrated from BT 1mb to the Supanet 1mb service and there's no comparison. I had no problems with BT, but Supanet is so far giving sub-dial up speeds and awful ping times (200 - 400+).

They're website says they're having capacity problems and are in the process of upgrading their network. I'll see how it goes, but will take my business elsewhere if things don't improve soon.

bignige

ULTIMATE Member
They are having massive capacity problems at the moment. Speeds have been poor for about the last 6 weeks.

They just haven't been able to cope with the influx of new users ever since they announced a 1mb for less than £23.

Quite a few people are now leaving after only being with them for less than a month. Their update does say that they are commisioning extra capacity by the end of december but they have been saying this for about the last month.

I'm getting my MAC code today and moving to an ISP with a more reliable connection. Luckily they aren't enforcing the 12 month contract for me and aren't charging any disconnection fee which some users have been charged.

I do hope they get their problems sorted as what we all want is fast low cost broadband and who knows I mat go back to them if they get it all sorted

d_dog

Kits said:
Might be but if everyone would post here then this ADSL sectioni would be as busy. I have seen the ADSL boards and our forums are easier to read and follow. So instead of directing our members there why not post what you know here.

Indeed! Much better board, powered by my favourite virtual bulletin 3. I also am calling tomorrow for my mac code, and they will not be getting any kind of disconnection fee. They are a bunch of thieves who have wasted a month of net-time for me and nothing more. Of course, I will be respectfull to their customer service people, it's only fair considering most of them will be out of a job after xmas. Supanet must die! :mad:

Troncmaster

Censorship

Unfortunately I would advise that you look to the ADSLGuide forums rather than here. The reason being that there is some form of cesorship being performed with regards to this forum and Supanet users.

If I use my supanet connection to view the ISPReview web page I receive completely scrambled web pages (a lot of the text converted to random characters), If I use another ISP to connect to the net on the same computer then the web pages are fine.

If I attempt to go to to the forums when connected through Supanet I get the following message.

"Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here."

Supanet users have also had their threads and messages removed from the ISPReview forums.

I don't know who is performing this censorship as Supanet utilise a proxy for web pages and may be altering the content themselves.

I don't like the idea that my ISP may be controlling what I can actually view on the internet.

How long before ISP's decide to edit the news that we read?

I wonder how long this message will stay here??

TRIaXOR™

ULTIMATE Member
Since When does ISPr Censor posts? Ive never seen anything of the sort that you are implying :hrmph: if you want proof check out the plusnet forum.

Troncmaster

Last edited:

mijango

And here's me, Mr Newbie, clicks away from signing up to Supanet's 1MB service .... lucky I read this first then!

So what would you guys recommend for under £25/mth?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Troncmaster said:
Unfortunately I would advise that you look to the ADSLGuide forums rather than here. The reason being that there is some form of cesorship being performed with regards to this forum and Supanet users.

If I use my supanet connection to view the ISPReview web page I receive completely scrambled web pages (a lot of the text converted to random characters), If I use another ISP to connect to the net on the same computer then the web pages are fine.

If I attempt to go to to the forums when connected through Supanet I get the following message.

"Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here."

Supanet users have also had their threads and messages removed from the ISPReview forums.

I don't know who is performing this censorship as Supanet utilise a proxy for web pages and may be altering the content themselves.

I don't like the idea that my ISP may be controlling what I can actually view on the internet.

How long before ISP's decide to edit the news that we read?

I wonder how long this message will stay here??

We are not censoring anyone that are inside the forum rules.
One IP number was banned due to problems what we didn't know was Supanet have proxy IPs and it blocked out more than one when we found the problem this was altered.

Web Buddy

mijango said:
And here's me, Mr Newbie, clicks away from signing up to Supanet's 1MB service .... lucky I read this first then!

So what would you guys recommend for under £25/mth?
My view on it would be if you are only looking at paying £25 a month you are really looking at 512Kbs packages unless you are willing to accept a monthly CAP. One option that may be worth looking at is the ECLIPSE Home 500 I think its called. It is basically an unlimited 512Kbs package which allows you to Flex up to 2Mbs please be aware though that you pay extra when you flex so if you were to Flex to 1Mbs you pay an extra £0.09 an hour to Flex to 2Mbs is £0.13 an hour.

I do not use Eclipse so I would suggest if you consider this ISP to get a good spread of views on it. In general though Eclipse seems to have a goo reputation.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2511)
  2. FTTP (2203)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1428)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1239)
  8. Statistics (1099)
  9. FTTH (1076)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1039)
  11. Fibre Optic (969)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (909)
  14. 4G (900)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (518)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules