Sponsored

Super broadband in Exeter Devon

k.mad

Hi
I currently have a Virgin Media Package with an average 200mbps download. However, the basic package is getting more expensive, just had a price increase and I have been looking at other providers.
My issue is that although providers say in their advertising they can provide speeds from 11mbps to 75mbps, for my postcode, whenever I explore further, they say their package isnt available for my postcode and the max speed I can get is 11 mbps.
Are there no other superfast broadband providers in the Exeter area - or are we really that far behind everybody else?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
You should ideally do a full address based check since postcode based checking will always produce inaccurate speed estimates (speeds can vary between individual properties, depending upon the technology type).

However, in terms of comparable alternatives to Virgin Media, you may be out of luck. At least for now. Openreach have said they're rolling out FTTP in Exeter but that will take awhile and they haven't said exactly which areas of the city will benefit.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/06/openreach-name-exeter-as-next-city-for-fttp-ultrafast-broadband.html

sheephouse

Casual Member
Are there no other superfast broadband providers in the Exeter area - or are we really that far behind everybody else?
No, you're not far behind everybody else - you are way ahead of a lot of us who have no superfast providers at all, and no prospect of any for several years.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Now you understand why VM can get away with that pricing.

Watch for the ultra cheap retention deals when a rival service arrives.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2390)
  2. FTTP (1970)
  3. FTTC (1587)
  4. Building Digital UK (1540)
  5. Politics (1323)
  6. Openreach (1321)
  7. Business (1169)
  8. Statistics (1032)
  9. Mobile Broadband (954)
  10. FTTH (951)
  11. Fibre Optic (933)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (866)
  13. Wireless Internet (855)
  14. 4G (837)
  15. Virgin Media (801)
  16. Sky Broadband (573)
  17. TalkTalk (554)
  18. EE (550)
  19. Vodafone (462)
  20. Security (392)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules