Sponsored Links

Support problems

Am I missing something? People are paying you to come out and fix the problem ... if Wanadoo use a certain model of modem which may be more problematic with certain PCs/motherboards/chipsets ... why do you want to stop them? Surely you want this to keep happening .. more money for you?! :laugh:

If he is anything like me, he likes to see happy users and a job done.

Recently got £50 extra from a person who was very happy with a computer I built for them.

Sponsored Links
drsox wrote:
Constant re-detection of the speedtouch modem on more than 4 machines using XP and 2000... plug in the sagem.. works fine.

I've installed three Speedtouch 330 modems on four machines within the last 3 weeks and have had no problems.
Two PCs are running 98se, the others running 2k & XP, and all are still reported as working exceptionally good with speeds of 470k +/- 1k on 512k ADSL.

I can't offer you much in the way of an explanation to our different experiences other than to suggest you may be using old drivers perhaps and ask if you installed the driver before attaching the modem.

drsox said:
they insist on confrence calls with alcatel.
Alcatel blame the chipset drivers (which are fine)..

Have you tried using the modem on an alternative machine with a different chipset?

If not, how can you disprove alcatels support?

And, also its alcatel who insist on the conference calls with wanadoo/fs saying nothing.

I have used a Speedtouch 330 for the last 2 years as well (on both 98SE and 2000, now plugged into a router) and have suffered none of the problems you have. Mine was originally supplied by Freeserve as well.

Other than making sure the drivers are up to date, I have not had any issues with them at all.

Andy

akbray said:
I have used a Speedtouch 330 for the last 2 years as well (on both 98SE and 2000, now plugged into a router) and have suffered none of the problems you have. Mine was originally supplied by Freeserve as well.

Other than making sure the drivers are up to date, I have not had any issues with them at all.

Andy

ditto ...... Mine worked out of the box and hasn't hiccuped since!!!!! :D

247/477 most of the time. (Virgin.net)

:D

Sponsored Links
drsox said:
Anyhow. After a 2 hour wrestle with freeserve support they then did a confrence call with alcatel.. who within 2 minutes said "yep.. we have this fault with some modems.. here is a returns number"..
I really think freeserve support monkeys sit with a sign on the phone saying "dont help the customer!!"

Nah, prolly just that a conference call is the last resort...from what I've heard Alcatel dont like being called.

I reckon you'd best get your passport read n head off to India.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules