Sponsored Links

switched to plusnet

decided after a very poor show by bt would be ok for a couple of poor shows

1, a very funny small looking router from plusnet (bit *** looking too):laugh:
2, no show from bt or card left to say that he was too lazy to come back to give me a dsl box

so I decided to use my bt home hub 5

ADSL or FTTC?

Sponsored Links
If your moving from FTTC to FTTC, you won't get an engineer visit by default. It's still presumed by Openreach that customers will have kit onsite from the original service provider.

If PlusNet connections require a VDSL modem to work with their supplied router, then they should have advised possible downtime as an SFI engineer has to be sent to supply you with a modem.

Hi adeys,

Sorry about the issues. I'd be happy to arrange a modem for you, unless of course you want to continue using the HomeHub?

If you'd like me to arrange a modem, drop me a PM with your account details.

Chris

FTTC like for like transfer

Hi All. This is exactly the issue we are experiencing. the good news is that we are moving a step closer to being completely removed from openreach (sorry I mean BT) because they call the shots. My end user is with BT and has a combined integrated VDSL router. However if they want to transfer their services to our company (we dont offer a VDSL solution as yet as Openreach need devices to be MCT tested....Openreach have standards lol) anyway, like I am not bitter. So to transfer services the Openreach system thinks (or assumes) that they have a modem. Well really? REALLY! come on. The only way for a transfer to work is to wait for the new service to go live, wait for them to completely loose service on their old FTTC (im choking when i write this its so pathetic) and then a fault needs to be booked to get a modem installed. OR, Downgrade their service to ADSL2+ then upgrade to FTTC haha, honestly.
So, I am about to raise this internally with Openreach and Plusnet - please watch this space.
PS, Hub 5's are now being locked down before anyone suggests updating the username and password to use on other networks.

if anyone else has any stories or any advice please let me know ASAP
rgds,
MBS

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules