Sponsored

Ta Ta Titan

Geist

Casual Member
According to Titan there will be "Some minor changes" to my account when it's transferred from Enta to Vispa

Yep - like a reduction of 32 hours off-peak time per week! - no weekend off-peak during the day.

Titan didn't even have the courtesy to ask me if I wanted to be sold to Vispa - just an email giving me about three weeks notice of my transfer to a new Massa.

Needless to say, their 'dedicated transfer line' (lol!) goes straight to disconnect as soon as it's answered.

What a crumby outfit Titan have become in the last few months. When I joined them they were well above average in terms of customer services - now, they seem to have turned into bigger cowboys than John Wayne.

I don't want Vispa (especially after reading about their habit of taking as many direct debits as they can grab in any given month) and I no longer want Titan.

Enta have never made a billing mistake, and their service has always been good - apart from those outages last year, so I'll probably stay with 'em, but with a different reseller.

That's if I can get a MAC from Titan, of course....

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Yeah it's pretty sad that customers are being forced to switch, even when they're happy with the service. Titan's customer support just appears to have fallen off the planet recently too.

Well make your views known with a review too ;)

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/586.html

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
If you can't get hold of titan and use enta for billing then contact enta support and request a migration to another enta supplied ISP.

Geist

Casual Member
If you can't get hold of titan and use enta for billing then contact enta support and request a migration to another enta supplied ISP.
It gets worse!

Titan have already used the MAC of every Enta customer to arrange for the forthcoming compulsory migration to the Vispa/Tian service! - meaning that Enta are unable to help because only one code per month can be issued, and that a MAC can't be obtained from Titan until after the date of the move!

I can forsee some probems ahead, possibly with net access being lost - but even if that's not the case, surely Titan can't just utilise MAC codes in this way without the customers knowledge of consent - can they??

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Normally the ISP will wait for the agreement of the customer I know my ISP has no intentions of forcing customers to move away if they are happy.

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
I've been quite happy just reading the forum topics without posting since I escaped from Fast4 & signed up with Titan a couple of years ago.

I am in total agreement with Geist in being satisfied with the service from Enta most of the time & that losing 32 hours off peak is far from a minor change.

As far as I'm concerned, as I signed up with Titan I would have no qualms about the mass migration provided the minor change was minor.
I wonder if anyone else besides Titan think that losing 32 hours off peak at weekends is minor.
Any recommendations of another reseller or ISP offering around 30GB peak & 60GB off peak (with weekends classed as off peak) for around £20 would be appreciated.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
You can sort our ISP listings by 'Entanet' supplied, though be aware that over the past few months a lot of vISPs/Resellers have begun moving away from Entanet and some like Titan are now even migrating existing customers. As a result it's hard to know which vISPs are still offering Entanet based packages. I have tried to email Entanet a few times about this subject last year but when things are bad they don't like to talk about it.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
My ISP has confirmed they have no intentions of moving customers happy with Entanet away from them. Worth looking at their forums also post asking for confirmation on this.

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
You can sort our ISP listings by 'Entanet' supplied, though be aware that over the past few months a lot of vISPs/Resellers have begun moving away from Entanet and some like Titan are now even migrating existing customers. As a result it's hard to know which vISPs are still offering Entanet based packages. I have tried to email Entanet a few times about this subject last year but when things are bad they don't like to talk about it.
From looking around I don't think any of the Resellers will be putting new migrations on Enta,

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
My ISP has confirmed they have no intentions of moving customers happy with Entanet away from them. Worth looking at their forums also post asking for confirmation on this.
Unfortunately Aquiss do not have unlimited weekend downloads,

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
lm with Aquiss, their premium packages do state unlimited.. (yeah l know, there really isnt such thing as unlimited technically)

however with the premium package they use contention to do the limiting, however to use the premium packages l believe you either need to have 21CN WBC upgraded on your exchange for internet services or TalkTalk(CPW) LLU.

search for your exchange over at http://www.samknows.com for more info

heres the premium options they offer
http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php

l signed up annoyingly after they started offering the two free months offer, however they are still running the connection fee "free" deal which is £50 less to spend, on that note tho it was interesting to find out that you need a paypal account to make the best of signing up (thats what you use to pay the bill once a month, tho technically you dont need a paypal acc to use paypal it just makes things easier)

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
We do actually :D
Sorry I should have been more clear, I can only get ADSL...................

Exchange name: Stretham
Exchange code: EASRM
Postcode: CB63XN
Maps: Our map | Multimap | Streetmap
Serves (approx): 1,094 residential premises
23 non-residential premises.
Broadband availability overview
ADSL:
Yes
SDSL: No
LLU services: No
Cable: No
Wireless: No

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
................however to use the premium packages l believe you either need to have 21CN WBC upgraded on your exchange for internet services or TalkTalk(CPW) LLU.
Thats my problem Timeless only ADSL at my exchange which was one of the very last ones to get broadband so not hoding my breath for BT to upgrade anytime soon.

John_Locke

Casual Member
I asked Entanet for a MAC code but cannot give one as Titan are migrating all connections away to Vispa. Can't get through to Titan by phone either, says i'm first in the queue but nobody answers. I've emailed transfer@titanadsl.co.uk to tell them to cancel my migration. They replied and said it would be done within 24 hours.

John_Locke

Casual Member
I asked Titan for a MAC by email and they said "At present we have used all MAC codes and wont be able to send you a new MAC code till Wed/ Thurs."

If they can cancel migrations within 24 hours why would it take a week to get a MAC code?

TitanADSL

ISP Rep
Hi All,

We realise we have raised a few concerns from our users and we have taken a decision to include off peak usage over weekends.

For clarity off-peak times will be:

Mon - Thu from 00:00 - 07:59
Fri - Mon from 00:00 - 07:59

We hope this clears up the matter and we apologise for the uncertainty caused.

Also, just to add, the reason for our change of supplier is due to the poor performance
that many users have experienced as a result of Entanet’s unstable network. Migrating to another Enta reseller such as Aquiss will not resolve any problems you may have been experiencing of late. Before choosing Vispa as our new wholesale partner, we can assure you that we have carried out vigorous performance testing and ensured that Vispa where capable of supporting our users to the high
standards that we expect and delivering an unparalleled service quality.

Kind regards,

TitanADSL

Last edited:

John_Locke

Casual Member
On the vispa website they have ADSL Max 25GB for £20.59 for up to 8mb connections.
But on the TitanADSL website it says 100gb monthly usage for £20.65

I'm on 30Gb / Unlimited £19.36 - So Vispa is over £1 dearer and 5gb less usage?

The letter that was sent out doesn't include how much peak usage is allowed with Vispa or how much the monthly costs are.

jormerod

ISP Rep
Hi,

Just to clarify, TitanADSL have their own packages that are independent to Vispa's packages.

In order words, you will remain on the same package, usage allowance & price as you had with Enta :)

John_Locke

Casual Member
Would the change to Vispa be any quicker? I'm on the Milton Keynes node and never get higher than 3Mbps. My exchange is called Freeland OX29 8HQ

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £23.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2348)
  2. FTTP (1882)
  3. FTTC (1556)
  4. Broadband Delivery UK (1525)
  5. Politics (1292)
  6. Openreach (1285)
  7. Business (1141)
  8. Statistics (1011)
  9. Mobile Broadband (934)
  10. Fibre Optic (914)
  11. FTTH (902)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (845)
  13. Wireless Internet (842)
  14. 4G (814)
  15. Virgin Media (774)
  16. Sky Broadband (563)
  17. TalkTalk (543)
  18. EE (530)
  19. Vodafone (436)
  20. Security (378)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules