Sponsored

Ta Ta Titan

jormerod

ISP Rep
Hi,

Possibly as Enta are well known for having capacity problems on their network. I have done an availability check on your postcode and it says that you should be receiving 6.5Mb however it's more accurate using your ADSL telephone number.

I've tried to locate your account from your postcode & CLI but nothing is appearing. Can I suggest that you give Titan a call as they will be able to tell you instantly all the detail you need to know :)

peterpiper

Casual Member
Hi All,

We realise we have raised a few concerns from our users and we have taken a decision to include off peak usage over weekends.

For clarity off-peak times will be:

Mon - Thu from 00:00 - 07:59
Fri - Mon from 00:00 - 07:59

We hope this clears up the matter and we apologise for the uncertainty caused.
Kind regards,

TitanADSL
A) That's not at all clear. Does that mean from Friday midnight to Monday 07:59 is all off peak? just saying the peak periods are now Mon - Fri 08:00 - 23:59 would get this across clearly.

B) Is this info genuine ???
The Service Migration Notification email said otherwise and there's been nothing since to amend this. Also nothing apparent on the site.

I moved to Titan when Eclipse pulled the same stunt in 2008 - drastically changing off-peak hours. Loosing weekends can make a big difference when you have kids.

When joining an isp I enter into a contract. I don't know how companies can get away with subsequent huge changes to the conditions. If I'd signed up to a 12 month term I'd get penalised if I changed my mind about the contract and wanted to leave earlier.

I'll be leaving Titan on principle if the hours are changing, just looking here to see what others are doing. If the Weekends are remaining off-peak I'd suggest Titan email this info before they loose other aggrieved users.

Last edited:

jormerod

ISP Rep
Hi Peterpiper,

Just to clarify (on behalf of TitanADSL), the hours are not changing. There was an error in their letter.

I must admit, their latest email is a little miss-leading and just confuses the matter further.

For clarification, peak and off-peak will remain exactly as they are now :-

Peak is Monday - Friday, 8am to Midnight.
Off-Peak is from Midnight to 7.59am and also all weekend.

John_Locke

Casual Member
I asked Titan for a MAC by email and they said "At present we have used all MAC codes and wont be able to send you a new MAC code till Wed/ Thurs."
A week later no MAC code, ask for one Thursday by email to transfer@titanadsl.co.uk no answer, (when they replied within 5 minutes last week!)
So I email cs@enta.net they reply "please be advised that your mac code has been requested and will be sent
you asap via our reseller TitanADSL."
Why they can't give me a MAC code directly in an email I don't know.

I was going to stick with the switch to Vispa when I saw the off peak usage would stay the same but if this is how Titan operate I'll gladly move to another Entanet reseller.

My transfer date to Vispa is 8th February presumbly they'll ignore emails until then!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £23.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2348)
  2. FTTP (1881)
  3. FTTC (1555)
  4. Broadband Delivery UK (1525)
  5. Politics (1292)
  6. Openreach (1285)
  7. Business (1140)
  8. Statistics (1010)
  9. Mobile Broadband (934)
  10. Fibre Optic (914)
  11. FTTH (901)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (845)
  13. Wireless Internet (842)
  14. 4G (814)
  15. Virgin Media (774)
  16. Sky Broadband (563)
  17. TalkTalk (543)
  18. EE (530)
  19. Vodafone (436)
  20. Security (378)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules