Sponsored

TalkTalk FTTP 500 .... is TT any good?

butako321

Hello
TalkTalk are offering 500Mbps FTTP in my area for £35 per month (with 3 months free). This is an attractive deal compared to other providers. However I have read very bad reviews of TT and these worry me. Has anyone experience with TT FutureFibre 500? Is it reliable? Is TT latency stable? Is it honest 500Mbps or is that just marketing? It seems like a relatively new product and I haven't found much info. Is TT as bad as the reviews?
Many thanks for any feedback!

neonas

I'm using 150MBPS package right now. Well upload speed doesn't exists here about 9mbps sometimes drops to 3mbps for no reason. Download speed is just okay 110mbps. Constant disconnection and pakistani technical support doesn't help much. Anyway all the providers are garbage in england so can't complain much. My suggestion is Get a normal FTTP provider instead of this crap. not some mixed boosted cooper cables. LATENCY is about 10ms here

drevilbob

Casual Member
TT FTTP service (Not GFast) is pretty good, their CS can sometimes leave a lot to be desired but the FTTP service is far more reliable than any copper service so you shouldn't need to call them much if at all. Also stop with the casual racism because CS can be bad no matter what nationality.

CarlO1460

Top Member
Personally can’t rate Sky high enough. Never had an issue with the FTTC previously, and now FTTP since January, had one drop around 11pm and that’s it.
145/25.

CarlO1460

Top Member
How is this fttp with speeds like 145/25 hahahaha
I can opt for 500 if I want, it’s just not necessary for my household. FTTP is a product and technical setup, not a designated speed set.

I think the “hahahaha” is irrelevant. Maybe go and do your research before thinking speed is the only factor of FTTP.

You asked for a stability review of an ISP, and I gave you a review of my ISP, on the ISP forum site you came to.

Hope this helps your ill educated mindset:

neonas

Well for me normal FTTP is 100mbps/100mbps and so on. I guess you not very bright to know how internet works. I can't blame you. Even uk adverts can't get things right. I saw skytv broadband advert and it said speeds up to 500Mb/s so that means i can get 4000mbps hahahaha. Probably not. Do they know mbps are divided by 8. Your country is a joke when it comes to an internet. You'll always be stuck in the past with dial up connections hahahaah.

drevilbob

Casual Member
Asymmetrical FTTP is quite common and actually countries like France have deployed quite a lot of it, Orange FR literally offer 900/100 plans

qmtd

Casual Member
Well for me normal FTTP is 100mbps/100mbps and so on. I guess you not very bright to know how internet works. I can't blame you. Even uk adverts can't get things right. I saw skytv broadband advert and it said speeds up to 500Mb/s so that means i can get 4000mbps hahahaha. Probably not. Do they know mbps are divided by 8. Your country is a joke when it comes to an internet. You'll always be stuck in the past with dial up connections hahahaah.
Mb/s and MB/s are different.

You clearly don't understand what demand is.

Most don't actually utilize the upload side much, hence the reduced bandwidth makes little to no difference to 90%+ of people and that's just a fact. It creates room for ISP's to sell to businesses where they need that additional bandwidth.

There's plenty of places that have FTTP now, and it'll only go up and it won't surprise me if a few yrs down the line ISP's start increasing bandwidth on the upload side when there's more demand for it.

Oh and not everyone is stuck on 'dial up connections', so maybe do some research before commenting.

9sr6ALE.png

CarlO1460

Top Member
The country is a joke yet here you are…

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £15.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £65 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £26.00 (*54.00)
    Speed: 400Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00 (*51.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3489)
  2. BT (3006)
  3. Politics (1921)
  4. Building Digital UK (1914)
  5. FTTC (1882)
  6. Openreach (1817)
  7. Business (1671)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1468)
  9. Statistics (1403)
  10. FTTH (1364)
  11. 4G (1270)
  12. Fibre Optic (1164)
  13. Virgin Media (1157)
  14. Wireless Internet (1149)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1139)
  16. Vodafone (836)
  17. EE (828)
  18. TalkTalk (760)
  19. 5G (758)
  20. Sky Broadband (744)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules