Sponsored Links

TalkTalk FTTP 500 .... is TT any good?

butako321

Hello
TalkTalk are offering 500Mbps FTTP in my area for £35 per month (with 3 months free). This is an attractive deal compared to other providers. However I have read very bad reviews of TT and these worry me. Has anyone experience with TT FutureFibre 500? Is it reliable? Is TT latency stable? Is it honest 500Mbps or is that just marketing? It seems like a relatively new product and I haven't found much info. Is TT as bad as the reviews?
Many thanks for any feedback!

I'm using 150MBPS package right now. Well upload speed doesn't exists here about 9mbps sometimes drops to 3mbps for no reason. Download speed is just okay 110mbps. Constant disconnection and pakistani technical support doesn't help much. Anyway all the providers are garbage in england so can't complain much. My suggestion is Get a normal FTTP provider instead of this crap. not some mixed boosted cooper cables. LATENCY is about 10ms here

TT FTTP service (Not GFast) is pretty good, their CS can sometimes leave a lot to be desired but the FTTP service is far more reliable than any copper service so you shouldn't need to call them much if at all. Also stop with the casual racism because CS can be bad no matter what nationality.

Sponsored Links
Personally can’t rate Sky high enough. Never had an issue with the FTTC previously, and now FTTP since January, had one drop around 11pm and that’s it.
145/25.

How is this fttp with speeds like 145/25 hahahaha
I can opt for 500 if I want, it’s just not necessary for my household. FTTP is a product and technical setup, not a designated speed set.

I think the “hahahaha” is irrelevant. Maybe go and do your research before thinking speed is the only factor of FTTP.

You asked for a stability review of an ISP, and I gave you a review of my ISP, on the ISP forum site you came to.

Hope this helps your ill educated mindset:

Well for me normal FTTP is 100mbps/100mbps and so on. I guess you not very bright to know how internet works. I can't blame you. Even uk adverts can't get things right. I saw skytv broadband advert and it said speeds up to 500Mb/s so that means i can get 4000mbps hahahaha. Probably not. Do they know mbps are divided by 8. Your country is a joke when it comes to an internet. You'll always be stuck in the past with dial up connections hahahaah.

Sponsored Links
Asymmetrical FTTP is quite common and actually countries like France have deployed quite a lot of it, Orange FR literally offer 900/100 plans

Well for me normal FTTP is 100mbps/100mbps and so on. I guess you not very bright to know how internet works. I can't blame you. Even uk adverts can't get things right. I saw skytv broadband advert and it said speeds up to 500Mb/s so that means i can get 4000mbps hahahaha. Probably not. Do they know mbps are divided by 8. Your country is a joke when it comes to an internet. You'll always be stuck in the past with dial up connections hahahaah.
Mb/s and MB/s are different.

You clearly don't understand what demand is.

Most don't actually utilize the upload side much, hence the reduced bandwidth makes little to no difference to 90%+ of people and that's just a fact. It creates room for ISP's to sell to businesses where they need that additional bandwidth.

There's plenty of places that have FTTP now, and it'll only go up and it won't surprise me if a few yrs down the line ISP's start increasing bandwidth on the upload side when there's more demand for it.

Oh and not everyone is stuck on 'dial up connections', so maybe do some research before commenting.

9sr6ALE.png

The country is a joke yet here you are…

Sponsored Links
He's probably a Polish plumber!
Well I don’t believe in xenophobia, however, I do believe in educating the ill educated.

Personally I don’t see a major need in symmetric download / upload, it would be zero benefit to me as I don’t upload anything.

Bumping an older topic here but it seems to be one of the more recent ones on this, a local provider called Brawband and Talktalk are available on Cityfibre here so I'm considering going with Talktalk. I know their support will be poor but seems the same with many companies now and I'm hoping an FTTP product will be generally much more reliable than xDSL since there's no shared phoneline.

I'm puzzled by the posts above though, I'm assuming their 150 and 500 packages will be symmetric? One of the reasons I'd like to get FTTP is to be able to back up data online somewhere so that will need a fast upload.

Bumping an older topic here but it seems to be one of the more recent ones on this, a local provider called Brawband and Talktalk are available on Cityfibre here so I'm considering going with Talktalk. I know their support will be poor but seems the same with many companies now and I'm hoping an FTTP product will be generally much more reliable than xDSL since there's no shared phoneline.

I'm puzzled by the posts above though, I'm assuming their 150 and 500 packages will be symmetric? One of the reasons I'd like to get FTTP is to be able to back up data online somewhere so that will need a fast upload.
All providers on CityFibre are symmetric. On Openreach all provider are asymmetric.

It’s really that simple.

All providers on CityFibre are symmetric. On Openreach all provider are asymmetric.

It’s really that simple.
I thought so but didn't want to assume as much although re-reading the second user's post I assume they're referring to something else when they're talking about copper.

Sponsored Links

TT Future Fibre support ( both Openreach and Cityfibre based) is UK based and pretty good, based on the few times I’ve had to call them.

Last edited:
Are TT actually capping uploads on CityFibre at 75 Mbps?
TalkTalk definitely provide symmetric speeds on Cityfibre. In the case of the previous user, if they are definitely on Cityfibre then I suspect TT have put them on an Openreach FTTP profile hence why the upload is capped at 75 Meg. Confusingly, TT call both Cityfibre and Openreach based FTTP services 'Future Fibre'

They would need to call TT Future Fibre Support team and ask them to remove the upload cap.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules