Sponsored Links

TalkTalk Pasted By The Press

Sadly it's just another week for TalkTalk as being pasted by the press is surely now a monthly passtime :) .

I've been with them for 18 months and the connection has been rock solid with no down time. Speeds have been as predicted and the one problem I had was quickly sorted by the OCE's on the forum. I am a happy TalkTalk customer and so are three other members of my family. You can only speak as you find, and my experience of this budget ISP is good.

Sponsored Links
Count yourself lucky I guess Herbie, you might be singing a different tune if you were one of the many that have been affected by billing problems or other issues and put through hell as a result.

Hi All,

If any customers are experiencing issues you can tweet us @TalkTalkCare

Alternatively we do offer a support forum for anyone experiencing issues aswell as the traditional methods of contact.

Regards

Mark
TalKTalk Online Community Department

Last edited:
I recently moved (not much of a move really!) from Onetel to TalkTalk; after a week or so I found myself without broadband. The TalkTalk customer service people I talked to were very patient, helpful & knowledgeable. As all the standard checks (swapping filters, connecting direct to BT box,etc) didn't work & the line checked out OK they arranged an engineer call-back for the following day. As it happens everything went back to normal after a few hours, so I rang to cancel the call-back - they said they'd leave it in the schedule in case I had further problems.

Others' experience may differ; as far as I'm concerned TalkTalk's service is excellent. Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Mail! The problem with such sensational "journalism" is that they just use bare numbers without looking at the broader picture. So often they say that Company X is the "worst" in its particular field because it has the biggest number of complaints without relating number of complaints to number of customers - make that comparison & you'd probably find that their "worst" is in fact one of the best!

Sponsored Links
As I think we've said before, consumer judgement about any service is ultimately best expressed as a percentage risk. In that sense you take a bigger risk of bad service/support with TalkTalk than the other big ISPs but ultimately most people still get a good service.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules