Sponsored

TalkTalk TV Box Recordings issue

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Hiya, my grandparents have TalkTalk internet, Home Phone and TV. Recently their TV box of 8 years has stopped playing recordings for some reason and we don't know why. I have tried resetting it etc and it just keeps doing the same. I'm starting to think the HDD has died in it. These boxes are made by Huawei so TalkTalk don't sell them any more and they really want to hold onto it since they know and love youview. I've been thinking about moving them to a BT TV box but i just want to know if there's owt I can do before suggesting this.

TTJJ

ULTIMATE Member
The BT TV boxes are pretty great. My grandparents use one. If you plug it into a TalkTalk internet connection the box will rebrand itself into a TalkTalk one and look just like what they just had. You could always try swapping out the HDD before that, but the BT boxes can be picked up for a reasonable price also.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
So TalkTalk won't cover it then because they are still selling the Huawei box?
No, they won’t cover it because its Huawei kit. They want a recordable one and that’s the main reason they have it. They only seem to do the non recordable ones now since they are made by humax.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
The BT TV boxes are pretty great. My grandparents use one. If you plug it into a TalkTalk internet connection the box will rebrand itself into a TalkTalk one and look just like what they just had. You could always try swapping out the HDD before that, but the BT boxes can be picked up for a reasonable price also.
Okay, I will probably end up swapping it for a BT one since they know how to use you view and it’s better than teaching them a whole new OS like Sky.

TTJJ

ULTIMATE Member
I think I paid £50 for the HD or maybe the Ultra HD one off of eBay, used but boxed with all the accessories and that. They’re not even with a YouView ISP so it’s just the unbranded experience for them. It’s probably one of the few good DVR systems that are available besides Sky+/Q.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I think I paid £50 for the HD or maybe the Ultra HD one off of eBay, used but boxed with all the accessories and that. They’re not even with a YouView ISP so it’s just the unbranded experience for them. It’s probably one of the few good DVR systems that are available besides Sky+/Q.
They are probably going to get one off Amazon, they don't mind paying the £149 price for one.

Try a Maintenace Reset option 2 as follows : Turn the box off, then unplug the power lead for about 10 minutes. Re-plug in power lead. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Try a Maintenace Reset option 2 as follows : Turn the box off, then unplug the power lead for about 10 minutes. Re-plug in power lead. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
Its ok, we've sorted it now

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £21.95 (*24.95)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £22.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: 12 Months of Norton 360
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Community Fibre £20.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Double Speed Boost
  • Virgin Media £25.00 (*51.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00 (*28.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £29.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £29.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3278)
  2. BT (2951)
  3. Building Digital UK (1860)
  4. FTTC (1859)
  5. Politics (1846)
  6. Openreach (1766)
  7. Business (1611)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1389)
  9. Statistics (1364)
  10. FTTH (1361)
  11. 4G (1201)
  12. Fibre Optic (1136)
  13. Wireless Internet (1120)
  14. Virgin Media (1109)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1108)
  16. EE (794)
  17. Vodafone (791)
  18. TalkTalk (739)
  19. Sky Broadband (719)
  20. 5G (685)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules