Sponsored Links

talktalk walkwalk

Please before or if you are thinking of changing to TalkTalk please read this. I have spent in excess of 86 minutes on their helplines have answered all their security questions satisfactorily, and still they have in their latest communication stated I have not answered their communications correctly. More sinister is the fact that they now claim that they have never received any communication from an ISP stating I wish to migrate, yet in a letter dated the 6th of July from TalkTalk with incidentally my correct address on it "We have received a communication from a new ISP stating you wish to migrate. etc etc. My new provider has been told that TalkTalk will not allow a migration because of a problem namely the address they have does not correspond with the address that my hopefully new provider has supplied. Which of course is absolute rubbish. I am forced to conclude that TalkTalk is carrying out a deliberate deception. Furthermore I can not access their forum because they have stated that my password and username is invalid (I have been using it for the last two years) I requested a new password which they sent to my registered email when I tried to use it it came up as an invalid password or username after several attempts I gave up.

Please read the following if you have time and be warned. Regds G The emails might be out of sync time wise but they convey the message.

hank you for contacting TalkTalk Customer Support regarding the correct address registered on your account.

I understand your frustration with regard to the inconvenience you have experienced on your account. We do not intend to cause such an inconvenience, especially to one of our valued and long-standing customers. Please accept our apologies for this and be assured that we are constantly adapting our methods in an effort to remedy any failures which become apparent.

I have checked our records and found that the address registered on your account has been changed to Flat 44, ####### SW6 7LD (Wrong address again)

I trust I was able to address your concern.

If you have further queries, please feel free to call our Customer Service on 0870 444 1820 . Lines are open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week. Alternatively, you can contact us on this link: http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/ask.

Yours sincerely,

Alexes Santos
TalkTalk Customer Relations
Customer ######## 28/07/2011 02.03 PM
WITHOUT PREJUDICE.
Paul Navarro DONT GIVE ME ANY OF YOUR RUBBISH YOU KNOW VERY WELL WHO I AM AND THIS HAS NOW GONE ON TO LONG AND I BELIEVE YOU ARE PERPETUATING A DECEIT WHICH IS VERGING ON A CRIMINAL ACT (PLEASE SHOW THIS TO YOUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT) FURTHERMORE IF YOU THINK FOR ONE INSTANT THAT i AM GOING TO SPEND ANOTHER EIGHTY SIX MINUTES ON THE PHONE TALKING TO SOME ONE WHO JUST REPEATS TIME AND TIME AGAIN THE SAME STUPID QUESTIONS WHEN YOU HAVE ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION. YOU CAN GO AND TALKTALK TO
SOMEONE WHO IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE YOUR CLAPTRAP. ONCE MORE YOU HAVE MY CORRECT ADDRESS THERE. 1. CONFIRMED BY THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE SENT ME A LETTER WITH THE CORRECT ADDRESS ON IT. 2. ONE OF YOUR OPERATIVES IN THE BILLING DEPARTMENT HAS ASSURED ME THAT THE ADDRESS HAS BEEN CHANGED TO THE CORRECT ADDRESS ONCE MORE MR###### FLAT 42########### SW6 7LD. 3.NOW IF YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT SHE IS LYING AND HAS NOT CHANGED THE ADDRESS THAT IS CRIMINAL DECEIT WITH INTENT TO
MISLEAD MYSELF OR ANY PERSON OR COMPANY ASSOCIATED WITH ME. AND ONCE MORE I WILL RE-ITERATE THAT THIS IS GOING TO THE OMBUDSMEN AND ALSO TO MY SOLICITOR. SO I WILL EXPECT A RESPONSE WITHIN 24 HOURS CLARIFYING THE SITUATION. TALKTALK HAVE CAUSED ME UNDUE STRESS AND TIME WASTED ON ON NON-PRODUCTIVE PHONE CALLS . THIS I AM STATING FOR THE BENEFIT OF MY LEGAL ADVISER ON HIS ADVICE. MY NAME IS######### MY ADDRESS IS FLAT 42 ########## LONDON SW6 7LD. THIS HAS BEEN MY ADDRESS USED BY
TALK TALK IN ANY COMMUNICATION WITH ME FROM THE DATE OF JOINING UNTIL THE DATE I HAVE TRIED TO MIGRATE FROM YOU. MY ACCOUNT NUMBER IS 623#### I HAVE CORRESPONDENCE FROM YOU THAT SHOWS YOU KNOW MY TRUE ADDRESS A LETTER DATED 6TH OF JULY REFERENCE FLO1B/4479 FROM NIGEL PEARSON SENIOR DIRECTOR CUSTOMER SERVICES. AND ADDRESSED TO MR ########, FLAT 42###### SW6 7LD. SO WHY DO YOU PERSIST IN GIVING OUT MY WRONG ADDRESS IT CAN ONLY BE CONCLUDED AS STATED BEFORE THAT THIS IS
INTENDED TO MISLEAD OR OBSTRUCT THE OPERATION OF MY MIGRATION.
TALKTALK ACCOUNT NUMBER 623####### HOME tel. no. ###########
To:
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:44:15 +0100
Subject: lack of cooperation [Incident: 110726-004253]
Response (Paulo Navarro) 28/07/2011 12.44 PM
Dear Mrs (I am now a Mrs.)

Thank you for contacting TalkTalk Customer Support regarding the correction on your address.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I am sorry to inform you that the details you have provided are insufficient for us to assist you with your concern. Hence, to help us resolve your query as soon as possible, please confirm your Home Phone number or account number. (Please note I have already done this)

We have to ask for this information from you to verify who you are and to protect the privacy of our customers. Once we get this information from you, we will attend to your query as soon as possible.

Please understand that we are only adhering to the Data Protection Act for security purposes.

If you have further queries, please feel free to contact our Customer Services on 0870 444 1820 . Lines are open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week. Alternatively, you can contact us on http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/ask.

Yours sincerely,

Paulo Navarro
TalkTalk Customer Relation
Customer 28/07/2011 12.16 PM
Attention of Rachel Falconer.
What is wrong with you people My address is as follows MR######## FLAT 42 ######SW6 7LD. I BELIEVE YOU ARE DOING THIS DELIBERATELY BECAUSE I WANT TO MIGRATE. IT IS STRANGE THAT IN THE PAST YOU HAVE MANAGED TO SEND MY BILLS AND ANY OTHER ADVERTISING BUMPH TO MY CORRECT ADDRESS AND EVEN ON THE 6TH OF JULY YOU SENT A LETTER WITH THE CORRECT ADDRESS ON IT TO ME. ONCE MORE MY ADDRESS IS MR######## FLAT 42###### SW6 7LD. IS NOW AND HAS BEEN ALWAYS. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BECAUSE i AM SENDING ALL THIS TO THE OMBUDSMEN
To:
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:56:29 +0100
Subject: lack of cooperation [Incident: 110726-004253]
Response (Rachel Falconer) 27/07/2011 02.56 PM

Thank you for your email,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience which may have been caused as a result of this issue. I have checked your account this afternoon and can confirm your address is currently listed 26,######## SW6 7LD.( Wrong address again) I have now updated your account address to Flat 44########## SW6 7LD. (Wrong address again)

I hope this is a satisfactory reply. TalkTalk does take these issues seriously, and it is always our intention in customer relations to bring the concerns of our customers to a satisfactory conclusion.

If you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We thank you for your patience and assistance in this matter.

Kind regards,

Rachael Falconer
TalkTalk Customer Relations
Auto-Response 26/07/2011 09.11 PM
Title: Top tips to try before you contact us
Link: http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1625

Dear

Thank you for your email – Normally we respond within 24 hours, however, sometime this isn’t possible so please bear with us if you haven’t heard from us within this time.

Your support request has been given an incident number. This is Please use this number in the subject line of any emails you send us regarding this issue.

We will be in touch again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

TalkTalk Customer Services

Have you considerd the possibility that someone has accessed (hacked), your pc and is trying to steal your account for some reason???

Firstly I think you might also have a difficulty with your CAPS LOCK KEY because it seems to be stuck in the ON position. Believe it or not, writing an email with CAPS LOCK on and attacking the customer services agent in such a way, whom is probably only doing their job as best they can (even if that's not good enough), probably isn't going to help you cause. Some ISPs would disconnect you for being too aggressive.

Always remember that you're talking with other humans. No matter how serious things get, you should stay as calm and to the point as possible in emails. The easier it is to read the more willing and able somebody on the other end will be to act upon it.

A second point is that TalkTalk has had a few issues on the "mis-selling" front; as a result it shouldn't be too much of a surprise if they refuse to action a request unless all the details are absolutely correct, so as to avoid a fraudulent migration requests. Clearly in this case they keep getting the details wrong and that is a huge frustration but you just have to keep at them until it's done, albeit politely.

In the meantime you can review them here, but please try not to abuse CAPS LOCK :)

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/471.html

Sponsored Links
Hi theghoul,

I am really very sorry that this has happened and can see clearly that someone has failed to check the new address they were entering. If you reply to my private message and clear DPA I will change the address immediately for you.

Ady

Once more this is not a new address it is the address which I have always used with talk talk and also the address which talktalk have used to correspond with me.

Thanks for your imput CC but I am getting the same claptrap from them when I speak directly to their agents on the phone as outlined in my post. regds G. I also have a state of the art computer security system so being hacked can happen but in this case I think not.

No I am not having difficulty with my caplock key I am showing you a copy of what I sent to Talk Talk in fact shouting at them. in excess of eightysix minutes on the phone several hours on the internet without getting the correct answer my details are correct to the last letter but still they have this stubborn attitude. If you are telling me they have had a few issues with mis-selling I suggest you get a copy of today`s AM financial news and read the article TalkTalk are showing a loss because of people migrating from them. I have tried the politeness bit and it does not work I have just added up my phone calls to them and it total 120 minutes minutes of which 66 minutes are on "Please hold the line Sir" I am normally very polite and would not dream of being CAP LOCK abusive but in the case of TALKTALK the end has justified the means. The other fact is that the other "humans" are computer generated replies with someone sticking in relevant or in my case irrelevant trigger words. Furthermore I would point out that this was not a fraudelent request because TALKTALK sent me a letter to my correct address the one TALKTALK say is incorrect stating that ISP had requested migration data. Yet when I spoke to their so called customer service they stated, and I have it on record that no ISP had requested this information. Now talking about real humans One of their real operatives repeated three times and I quote "Yes Sir I have sent you an email right now with the information on your address that you require. I`m still waiting, another human operative told me "Yes Sir I have right now changed the address to the address (correct address} that the original letter was sent to. Yet when I spoke to TALKTALK again "Sorry Sir we can not access your details because your address does not tally with what we have on our records. Please hold and we will transfer you to our customer support which incidentally I was already talking to. After thirty two minutes on hold a voice comes up "This number has now been changed please redial this number" then they cut off The number they gave me was the number which I had been on all the time. When I eventually got through the operative then said that this should not have happened please hold and I will transfer you to customer service. Before I could say but you are customer service the music began and I was on hold for a further eighteen minutes suddenly the music faded out and the line went dead. That is when I reverted to using capitals in my emails because in my opinion and in the opinion of others as can be seen in the migration numbers (Published in AM financial news) TALKTALK have no regard for paying customers and obstruct my migration and other people I have spoken to migration also, with various technical babble which does not fool anybody. To conclude I will quote Abraham Lincoln`s classic statement. "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. ..." Therefore I justify my shouting at them. :confused: G

Sponsored Links
Hi theghoul,

I have no idea what happened there but I have resent the PM.

Apologies.

Ady

You need to click 'Notifications' at the top right and then go to your messages inbox to see PM's, although it's usually highlighted when a new one arrives.

Ady
Finally someone in TT with a brain. I have a friend with EXACTLY the same problem as theghoul. THREE TIMES TT has promised to correct his address but have not, so he now appears in the telephone directory with entirely the wrong address. One chap even said "I have it on the screen now and it's going through". It didn't. The failure of TT has prompted my friend to change supplier but he cannot even do that. I constructed an email to Dido the CEO of TT Group. S/He promised to fix but eventually came back saying "impossible". S/He obviously didn't find you.
Any advice you could give would be seriously helpful - ideally an email to me which I can forward to him. This chap is 80 and becoming seriously cheesed off. Other suppliers CAN supply with a new telephone line - and new number but at his age he really doesn't want that. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi John,

If your friend registers on the TalkTalk Members Forum we can assist them in checking and amending the address on the account as necessary. We can also request the directory listing is updated once this is complete

Regards

Mark

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules