Sponsored

Tech Support and Sales Lines Answering in Russian!

Capvermell

Having been sufficiently annoyed by the offhand attitude of his tech support staff to email James personally but having not yet had a reply I thought I might as well post my email here since ADSL24's own discussion forum on their website refuses to allow me to start a new thread as a new forum member.

Here is the email I sent James:-

------- Original Message --------
Subject: IVR System Answering Phone in Russian and Extremely Unhelpful Technical Support Staff
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 16:28:03 +0000
To: james@adsl24.co.uk, sales@adsl24.co.uk

Dear James,

IVR System Answering Phone in Russian and Unhelpful Customer Service Staff - Telephone Number XXXX XXXXXX - UserName __________

As I was transferred to MurphX yesterday and then had an issue with a PPoA connection not initially being accepted but PPoE being allowed (it in fact transpires that MurphX allows both connection types but a PPoA connection is only accepted if the router is power cycled rather than the new customer login merely entered - at least on the Netgear DG834G v2) I needed to call your technical support today.

Imagine my surprise therefore when the IVR system answered the phone in Russian or something very similar so I called again thinking I had got the wrong number but no again it was in Russian so I pressed 1 and held and eventually got one of your English speaking staff. He professed to know nothing about why the phone was answering in Russian seemingly not caring about my experience and perhaps having joined you only this week from a TalkTalk, BT, Sky or some other "couldn't care less" call centre.

Then this afternoon I ran in to a limit of 50 outgoing emails in an hour that was not previously in place (I had sent a campaigning email on my own behalf to various people at Phonepayplus, Ofcom and the OFT and then had to send it again due to some recipient errors hence hitting this new undisclosed and absurdly low number of emails per hour limit) and rang back and still got the Russian speaking IVR system and then eventually (after holding for several minutes) some particularly offhand sour individual who asked sarcastically if I had a reason to ring up when I first complained it was totally unprofessional for the phone to still be answered in Russian before proceeding to the email limit issue. His attitude was very disappointing indeed from a customer point of view, especially telling me he had more important things to worry about than if the phone was being answered in a foreign language.

I don't know what is going on exactly but having a phone system (including sales line) that is answering in Russian should surely be getting your undivided personal attention as it is very likely to lose you customers (especially potential new ones) fast. Also the "couldn't care less" attitude of the two different members of staff I spoke to about this major technical failing was extremely disappointing.

Perhaps you would be good enough to therefore email me back personally or call me to explain what is going on and to reassure me that the current apparent state of chaos on your telephone support lines will soon be remedied.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Last edited:

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Dobra Din, kak Buzha vy itsia??

(Good Day, how are you)

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I don't know what's worse, the Russian technical support or limiting to "50 outgoing emails in an hour", thats not a restriction I've seen used quite so agressively before. It's very easy to email friends or use up that quota for business as well as home communications.

Please let us know if they reply.

Capvermell

I don't know what's worse, the Russian technical support or limiting to "50 outgoing emails in an hour", thats not a restriction I've seen used quite so agressively before.
The 50 emails per hour limit seems all the more unreasonable given that I'm actually on their Office 15 business broadband product. When one complains that 50 emails in an hour is too few they then ask what other limit you want to have instead and say that not many people have complained about the restriction and they think that they must all be businesses.

But that isn't the point as they market themselves as a high end product for the demanding user and the unannouned introduction of a 50 emails per hour limit is the kind of nonsense behaviour we would expect to see from TalkTalk or BT Retail but not from ADSL24. Their one possible reason for needing to bring in this restriction is because they allow their SMTP mail server to be used from any connection on the internet as long as you have your username and password and not just when connected through their own broadband connection with Murphx (or previously Entanet). Having said that I can't any longer use their SMTP server from the main other broadband connection I send email on because that is a Be Value connection and they only let Be Value customers send email through their own SMTP email server (a change they made a year or so ago).

Bob2002

ULTIMATE Member
I've been migrated to Murphx, as a user of ADSL24, as well. All sounds a bit disconcerting as far as tech support is concerned. Will be watching how things develop since I still have no complaints about my experience with Enta. :hrmph:

Last edited:
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2539)
  2. FTTP (2261)
  3. FTTC (1681)
  4. Building Digital UK (1618)
  5. Politics (1448)
  6. Openreach (1433)
  7. Business (1261)
  8. Statistics (1115)
  9. FTTH (1108)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (925)
  13. Wireless Internet (921)
  14. 4G (919)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules