Sponsored

Technical support

archived

Casual Member
I am having trouble getting a response via email from UK Online Technical Support or Customer Services. It's taken 5 days to get a reply from Technical Support and 15 days from Customer Services and when I do I get the following:
Due to high volumes of support e-mail at present it has not been possible to respond to your e-mail as quickly as we'd like.
or
Due to the popularity of our new services, we have received high volumes of mail to Customer Services and it has not been possible to respond to your
mail as quickly as we would have liked

Surely they should give a better response than this. Is anyone else having these problems?

Last edited:

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
ring sales, get them to transfer you. It somtimes speeds up the process.

archived

Casual Member
I am still waiting for a response to my emails. I have spent several hours on the phone to Technical Support about the problems I get with connecting (error 718 & 733) but they have been unable to sort it. They make it sound as I am the only one with this problem but I find it hard to believe.

Happy_2008

I understand how you feel, i was put on hold for ages on the night when my adsl was suppose to be activated. After about 1 hr wait i finally got through only to be told that the provision department deals with all that etc. Try calling the provision and i never did get through to them but luckily my line was activated the next day but i was never informed of any delay in activation. Apparently it was delayed for a day but no one could be bothered to respond to me.

Also, technical line is a bit funny. Sometime i would get a quick response but the last few i have sent come back to me with the same message and i havent received a response since. But likewise there is nothing wrong with my system but i have noted down the status line as last time i had a problem with my ISP i spent ages on the technical line. As again, never did get through.

Apart from the customer service and technical line taking decades to respond, speed wise the service has been great. Just wish that there customer service improves.

archived

Casual Member
I received the following on 24 May in reply to an e-mail I sent on 12 May:
Dear Customer.

Your e-mail has been received by the Technical Support Team.

Due to the large volumes of Support e-mail we are currently receiving, we may be unable to respond to your e-mail as quickly as we'd like. Please rest assured we will respond to your mail as soon as possible.

With kind regards

The Technical Support Team

I am still waiting for their response!!!

In the meantime it has just taken me 25mins to connect

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules