Sponsored

Testing: EE's 4G/5G

PB2000

Casual Member
Has anyone tested EE at any of the Glasgow Subway stations? Would be interested to see what bands they have deployed.

I haven't used the subway since last year, might take a wee trip on it when I've got some spare time.

Always pleased to see solid 4G and fast speeds at Glasgow Central low level and Argyle Street station.

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
View attachment 2993
Hi folks just sharing the texts I got from the ScanCom EE unlimited data sim.
I guess it's just a standard EE feature that I don't have access to.

Thought I'd just mention it anyway. :giggle:

By the way, the sim deal seems to be sold out on Amazon for now, must have proved very popular.
This is available on their website directly, £199.99 expires March 2024.

Is it possible to move this to esim? As it's ideal for me to mess about with if I can run my main number along side, and Three don't offer esim 🙁 next cheapest would be a Virgin mobile SIM £6 per month just to have my number as esim.

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member

Is it possible to move this to esim? As it's ideal for me to mess about with if I can run my main number along side, and Three don't offer esim 🙁 next cheapest would be a Virgin mobile SIM £6 per month just to have my number as esim.
That price doesn't include VAT though CarlO1460, so works out more expensive than the Amazon price. (Still currently sold out)

Still a great price though for unlimited EE data, as long as you dont want calls or texts.

I dont believe you can move it to an esim, it's as is, and you have no access to the EE account at all.

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
That price doesn't include VAT though CarlO1460, so works out more expensive than the Amazon price. (Still currently sold out)

Still a great price though for unlimited EE data, as long as you dont want calls or texts.

I dont believe you can move it to an esim, it's as is, and you have no access to the EE account at all.
They replied saying they can move it to esim for £10+vat, so £252 ish for 20 months unlimited EE data. £12.60pm if it does need vat added.

Tom153619

Hi Carl,

I had mine moved to an esim, I just sent scancom an email and had to pay £10 + vat then they emailed it out to me

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
They replied saying they can move it to esim for £10+vat, so £252 ish for 20 months unlimited EE data. £12.60pm if it does need vat added.
Great news for you then CarlO1460, I stand corrected. (y)

Tom153619

The cap is on majority of EE contracts, is enforced or have you not managed to get that far?
Not got that far yet but someone on Amazon had asked about the cap and scancom said they'd never been told by EE to enforce it on anyone

Q:Are these unlimited or is the a cap on them

A: As per EE's fair use policy, 600GB each month is a benchmark - EE monitors and if it exceeds 600GB regularly by a large amount over a given time frame they reserve the right to cap it at 600GB renewed each month. From our experiences, this cap has never really been an issue for our customers.

Tom153619

Screenshot_20220805-183353~3.png

Best result I've had so far from EE 5g so far, but once again 4g seems to be pulling most of the weight

bustedvans

Casual Member
Bittersweet day today - EE have managed to get a pole granted in the same place that Three was denied earlier last year!

Any idea what sort of setup this'll be?

1.jpg

Edit: on a sidenote, does anyone know an easy way to navigate through a newer 'Force' type planning permission portal? Completely unusable...

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Bittersweet day today - EE have managed to get a pole granted in the same place that Three was denied earlier last year!

Any idea what sort of setup this'll be?

View attachment 3012

Edit: on a sidenote, does anyone know an easy way to navigate through a newer 'Force' type planning permission portal? Completely unusable...

are you sure this isn't a 3 mast or a shared ee/3 mast as three still seem to appear as T-Mobile on bidb.

bustedvans

Casual Member
are you sure this isn't a 3 mast or a shared ee/3 mast as three still seem to appear as T-Mobile on bidb.
Would be great if it turned out to be a Three mast! The Ashford planning permission page hasn't revealed much... doesn't seem to even have it lodged as an appeal/application.

Will be keeping an eye out on it in the coming weeks!

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Would be great if it turned out to be a Three mast! The Ashford planning permission page hasn't revealed much... doesn't seem to even have it lodged as an appeal/application.

Will be keeping an eye out on it in the coming weeks!
you will see as they upload the documents. there will be H3G or a 3 logo somewhere no doubt.

PB2000

Casual Member
Just received this text from EE, anyone else had it?

"Unlimited data returns this August

To get in on all the footy action, get our Unlimited data offer for only £5.46 extra a month. With at least 52 top games to come from BT Sport, make sure you don't miss a goal wherever you are.

So hurry, reply YES before Midnight to get this reduced offer, which will lasts for the duration of your contract. Cancel anytime.

Terms http://discover.ee.co.uk/w2l5Y894 annual price changes and fair use policy apply. Text STOP to 2040 to opt out from all text message marketing."

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4221)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (922)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules