Sponsored

Testing: EEs 4G - MVNOs

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
UPDATE: 1 Email to support later about speed caps and this is what they replied with:

Hello Bubbles,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note regarding our speed limits, as we run on EE network our speed limits are exactly the same as in EE (40 Mbits per second upwards).

Should you have other questions we'll be happy to assist.

Make of it what you will, I think they are trying to imply there are speed restrictions on EE it's self to make it look like they don't have any when in fact they do.
I might drop them an email and make it known I will want money back if they are lying.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Thanks for sharing @Bubblesthefish6

I too have made contact this morning with TTMM, I asked 3 bulleted questions....

• If I can get 100-200mbps on EE's 4G will this be the same with TTMM?
  • Your help pages say that Band 20 (800mhz) is also usable on TTMM is this correct.
  • What is your refund policy should TTMM not fulfil it requirements?
I made them aware I was testing this for a review and also as a potential everyday network moving forward.

There response:
Thank you for contacting To The Moon Mobile!

We are glad to confirm that since we run on the EE network, we offer the same speed limits as EE. We also have Band 20 (800MHz) for 4G.

As for the refund policy, please get acquainted with our Terms and Conditions following the link https://tothemoonmobile.com/terms.

Thank you for choosing To The Moon Mobile! Should you have any further questions, we will be happy to assist you further!

Best regards,
To The Moon Mobile Team
I've responded with the following,

"Could you please confirm what you mean by limits please, EE doesn't have limits on their network so would this mean I can go as high as 200-400mbps that I see with EE? "

Despite the quick response to the oringal email, I've not yet had a response to the latter...

However the TTMM sim has just arrived and so far I can't get any 4G signal with there free 500MB package.

It's not looking promising at the moment and I'm not forking over money until I get what they promised which is a free 500MB test, and I stopped testing 3G many years ago.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Thanks for sharing @Bubblesthefish6

I too have made contact this morning with TTMM, I asked 3 bulleted questions....

• If I can get 100-200mbps on EE's 4G will this be the same with TTMM?
  • Your help pages say that Band 20 (800mhz) is also usable on TTMM is this correct.
  • What is your refund policy should TTMM not fulfil it requirements?
I made them aware I was testing this for a review and also as a potential everyday network moving forward.

There response:

I've responded with the following,

"Could you please confirm what you mean by limits please, EE doesn't have limits on their network so would this mean I can go as high as 200-400mbps that I see with EE? "

Despite the quick response to the oringal email, I've not yet had a response to the latter...

However the TTMM sim has just arrived and so far I can't get any 4G signal with there free 500MB package.

It's not looking promising at the moment and I'm not forking over money until I get what they promised which is a free 500MB test, and I stopped testing 3G many years ago.
I got my data from

www.tothemoonmobile.com/digitalspace

Thank me later ;)

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Email Update: TTMM

Since we run on the EE network, you can go as high as
200-400Mbps that you can find with EE.
Please also note, that speed depends upon handset model number, number of users using services in a particular area and network strength. If you face any issues with data allowance, please contact us, and we will investigate and try to fix it from our side if possible.

Please feel free to get in touch with us, once you have any other question. We are always ready to help you!

Best regards,
To The Moon Mobile Team

Well let's see about that when I start testing in a couple of week I guess.

In the meantime I still have no service in LTE mode so have asked them whats going on there.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Email Update: TTMM

Well let's see about that when I start testing in a couple of week I guess.

In the meantime I still have no service in LTE mode so have asked them whats going on there.
I have a PAYG EE sim. I might take it up to the mast and see if there is any speed differences at some point to see if they are lying. I have a sneaking suspicion they are, and the ts&cs are pretty messed up as you mentioned before.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I have just managed to gain CA with them on my second sim. the speeds were no different really as to when i was up at the mast

*Note i did this test at my house, about 150M away from the mast, no LOS.
IMG_20210312_161801.jpg

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Well sim finally connected to 4G, I forced device to band 20 and initially it connected but looks like EE then kicked it off, so will test this in a location where it normally connects due to weak signal from band 3 & 7.

As mentioned will be saving this testing for a few weeks though I do have the 500MB to kill within the week so might run a test this weekend.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I have sent them the email asking this question

Hiya, Will i currently get 400Mbps down and 80Mbps up on EE. Will i be able to get the same speeds with you guys?

I sent it from a different email to the one i used before (Work one hehe :)) so lets see what they reply with (If they do lol)

EDIT: God i just noticed my bad English in the email πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈI'm not foreign, I just type too fast!!!!

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Alright then, I'm chiming in now with an initial test and impression.

So after some initial oddities with activating the sim, but some assurance from TTM customer service... see email below...

Since we run on the EE network, you can go as high as
200-400Mbps that you can find with EE. Please also note, that speed depends upon handset model number, number of users using services in a particular area and network strength. If you face any issues with data allowance, please contact us, and we will investigate and try to fix it from our side if possible.

Please feel free to get in touch with us, once you have any other question. We are always ready to help you!

Best regards,
To The Moon Mobile Team

We have 500MB to test the network, so thats what I did, saving it for a couple of masts that I know are loaded with bands and have performed in the 200-400mbps region for me in the past...

First we tested in Longbridge, Birmingham (the new build mast in the area)

preview

preview

So this mast is pretty new end of 2019 build and is 5CA capable, with my now deceased Samsung S10e (4CA) device, paired with an EE Smart Plan I whipped the 400mbps mark on speed tests multiple times in 2020, but that wasn't the story with TTM today...

7133283801.png

7133285473.png

7133287333.png

7133288939.png

Quite consistent results right, well also headed over to Kings Norton and looked at another high performing mast...

preview

preview

Unfortunately during the first test I ran out of data but I did manage to get a consistent reading from the download as it ran out on the upload test,

preview

So my initial impress is, Hmmmm, do I want to wast another Β£20 topping this up, not without some assurance of a refund NO...

What else can I say about the service, well I've yet to take it to my 800mhz test bed area but when trying to force Band 20 use it don't connect though it did on first try yesterday but then was disconnected by the mast, So maybe a config issue with EE or there masts know that I'm well within range of Band 3 :)

This one will need a follow up to completely satisfy my verdict but I'm pretty sure its not as its told to be.

I'll be asking for further clarification on their limits with EE and some honesty as I'm actually prepared to use a bandwidth limited service, but as of yet I haven't seen proof of any working VoLTE (with calls impossible in LTE Only mode) and also that 800mhz band not connecting spells danger for me as it's what sets EE apart from the others at one of my significant usage locations.

If the forum's conditions allow it, I welcome To The Moon to join the discussion if something is genuinely not right here.

Thanks for reading :)

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Alright then, I'm chiming in now with an initial test and impression.

So after some initial oddities with activating the sim, but some assurance from TTM customer service... see email below...

We have 500MB to test the network, so thats what I did, saving it for a couple of masts that I know are loaded with bands and have performed in the 200-400mbps region for me in the past...

First we tested in Longbridge, Birmingham (the new build mast in the area)

preview

preview

So this mast is pretty new end of 2019 build and is 5CA capable, with my now deceased Samsung S10e (4CA) device, paired with an EE Smart Plan I whipped the 400mbps mark on speed tests multiple times in 2020, but that wasn't the story with TTM today...

7133283801.png

7133285473.png

7133287333.png

7133288939.png

Quite consistent results right, well also headed over to Kings Norton and looked at another high performing mast...

preview

preview

Unfortunately during the first test I ran out of data but I did manage to get a consistent reading from the download as it ran out on the upload test,

preview

So my initial impress is, Hmmmm, do I want to wast another Β£20 topping this up, not without some assurance of a refund NO...

What else can I say about the service, well I've yet to take it to my 800mhz test bed area but when trying to force Band 20 use it don't connect though it did on first try yesterday but then was disconnected by the mast, So maybe a config issue with EE or there masts know that I'm well within range of Band 3 :)

This one will need a follow up to completely satisfy my verdict but I'm pretty sure its not as its told to be.

I'll be asking for further clarification on their limits with EE and some honesty as I'm actually prepared to use a bandwidth limited service, but as of yet I haven't seen proof of any working VoLTE (with calls impossible in LTE Only mode) and also that 800mhz band not connecting spells danger for me as it's what sets EE apart from the others at one of my significant usage locations.

If the forum's conditions allow it, I welcome To The Moon to join the discussion if something is genuinely not right here.

Thanks for reading :)
I can confirm, VoLTE doesn't work. I have it enabled for both my Three sim and my TTMM sim and it only works on the Three. No VoWIFI either. If you PM me your address I have a spare 7GB sim I can send to you that i got from where I put before.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
I can confirm, VoLTE doesn't work. I have it enabled for both my Three sim and my TTMM sim and it only works on the Three.
Hmmmm, OK :cautious:

If you PM me your address I have a spare 7GB sim I can send to you that i got from where I put before.
I appreciate the offer but I'm going to be moving a number to this sim in the next week and I'm going to end up hashing this out with TTM so having my own account is going to be key.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Hmmmm, OK :cautious:

I appreciate the offer but I'm going to be moving a number to this sim in the next week and I'm going to end up hashing this out with TTM so having my own account is going to be key.
Same here - VoLTE and VoWiFI are absolute godsends as our house has awful 3G and amazing 4G, and making calls was no existent. You can only pick up B20 4G in my kitchen and lounge but it's so much better than EEs mess. Best of luck with your house move, hopefully you can stick it out with TTM till you move to Canada.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Best of luck with your house move, hopefully you can stick it out with TTM till you move to Canada.
Thanks, Got a ways to go yet before that happens though, gotta find somewhere in the region of Β£3000 -15,000 to sort out visa and various other requirements,

So I'll be cutting costs this year and mobile will be one of them for sure so the testing of networks will shortly be coming to a close for me.

Same here - VoLTE and VoWiFI are absolute godsends as our house has awful 3G and amazing 4G, and making calls was no existent. You can only pick up B20 4G in my kitchen and lounge but it's so much better than EEs mess.
Well my current property gets great coverage from all providers, though EE and Three are affected by an over reaching temporary mast that despite reporting to be an issue and also being replaced by the new Gigabit 5G mast tested a couple weeks ago on Three, is still there.

However when I was staying at my mums for a while the signal indoors on all providers and all technologies is terrible due to the geography of the area and all masts being outside the area, but EE and Three's 800Mhz covers the area and does a good job getting into the house,

I put my mum on EE in 2020 and she has noticed the improvement in everything she does on here wee iPhone SE Gen1

So I think I'll be reliant on Three soon, so I can join the s***-fest that is the angry customers.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
So I think I'll be reliant on Three soon, so I can join the s***-fest that is the angry customers.
Try Smarty first unless you want true PayG. They do offer WiFi call now, they only claim it's on the new st Samsung's etc but it works on all the phones that it does on three. They have VoLTE too (afaik).

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Yeah, was actually just looking at them to see about VoLTE, I don't tend to use WiFi Calling as WiFi can be unreliable lol, I tend to be moving around when on calls.

Seeing the VoLTE has definately put them top of the list, maybe I'll skip TTM and just focus on Three's network.
I had them for a while and they worked pretty reliably, even more so when they added VoWiFi.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
I had them for a while and they worked pretty reliably, even more so when they added VoWiFi.
I used them for a while last year after I bailed on the EE contract due to income loss, they seemed pretty decent but I was in a bad area for congestion at the time and with all my fixed lines being cut off due to none payment I needed something I could rely on.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I used them for a while last year after I bailed on the EE contract due to income loss, they seemed pretty decent but I was in a bad area for congestion at the time and with all my fixed lines being cut off due to none payment I needed something I could rely on.
I had them for 2 years due to being too young for a contract, (I still am now lol, parents exist :)) but then three gave me a better off with cashback but after a year, I'm going back to Smarty.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Β£70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £20.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £25.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4124)
  2. BT (3154)
  3. Politics (2120)
  4. Building Digital UK (2028)
  5. Openreach (1970)
  6. FTTC (1923)
  7. Business (1836)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1607)
  9. Statistics (1513)
  10. 4G (1380)
  11. FTTH (1371)
  12. Virgin Media (1277)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1241)
  14. Fibre Optic (1235)
  15. Wireless Internet (1234)
  16. Vodafone (927)
  17. EE (907)
  18. 5G (899)
  19. TalkTalk (821)
  20. Sky Broadband (787)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules