Sponsored

Testing: EEs 4G - MVNOs

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
FYI AMBR is just what the network is configured to communicate to a device. On the network side the AMBR can be ignored entirely (so speeds could be higher), or even have some other method of restricting speed applied elsewhere (speeds limited lower than the configured AMBR values).

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
FYI AMBR is just what the network is configured to communicate to a device. On the network side the AMBR can be ignored entirely (so speeds could be higher), or even have some other method of restricting speed applied elsewhere (speeds limited lower than the configured AMBR values).
That's good to know, as you can see from the results above from both me and @Bubblesthefish6 there seems to be a trend of 40-50mbps but then I remember there being a gap when I was on Virgin Mobile and I don't think I ever achieved more than 70/75mbps.

I've discussed the issues tonight further with TTM but they are still be very vague and evasive of the issues, I have now escalated the issue and pretty much washed my hands of them.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
So this evening I've been in touch with TTM Customer Service again, I sent the following,

Hi again,

So following yesterdays discussion on Speed Restrictions of TTM compared
with EE I have today tested the speeds at two mast sites that have
substantial ammounts of capacity and have before performed in the speeds
disclosed previously (200-400Mb/s) however as has been replicated by
other TTM users/testers has come back as seemingly restricted to around
40-50Mb/s, please see the link for more information

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/testing-ees-4g-mvnos.37122/post-256125

I will also attach pictures of the results obtained and also LTE
connection stats for informative purposes,

7133283801.png

I would also like confirmation of the use of Band 20 (800mhz) for 4G and
also VoLTE (Voice of LTE/4G) as both of these don't seem to work.

I had considered using TTM as a daily driver for my needs but currently
I don't think TMM will be able to fulfill even the basic of my needs.

Best Regards,
I quickly received the following response,
Thank you for contacting To The Moon Mobile!

Thank you for information given. We appreciate your opinion about our services.

Regarding our speed limits, as we run on EE network our speed limits are exactly the same as in EE. Please note, speed depends upon handset model number, number of users using services in a particular area and network strength. You can find all information concerning the use of Band 20 (800MHz) for 4G on our website's Telecom Page.

If you face any issues with data allowance, please contact us, and we will investigate and try to fix it from our side if possible.

Should you have any further questions, we will be happy to help you!

Best regards,
To which I replied
Good Evening,

Thanks for coming back to me so soon,

I must say that it seems to me that TTM aren't being very honest with
the advertising of the data capabilities of the network and based on the
consistent replies quoting the same line "our speed limits are exactly
the same as in EE" I'm going to consider this inaccurate information and
considering forwarding this information on to the ASA for review.

It's also a mis-representation of EE to say they limit their data speeds
as this is unfounded and not an experience known on their network.

I had hoped that the feedback on TTM online was unfounded but this week
I and others have replicated complaints by other users and I do believe
this needs to be addressed as to save the time and expense of other users.

If you wish to investigate this issue further and give an accurate
statement on these issues then please do, however I'm going to consider
the issue unresolved and in deadlock.

Should you wish to investigate further, I'm using two devices for testing
purposes (Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G and Google Pixel 4a) devices are both UK
models and have been tested with all 4 national network providers across
multiple areas and scenario.

Best Regards,
To which I received....
Good evening Matthew,

First of all we would like to thank you for your feedback! We are working every day for the purpose of making the To The Moon Mobile better. That is why every word that you have written, we take into account.

We can assure you that we run on the EE network, that is why we definitely have the same data speeds as EE. You can find all transparent information on this point on our website's Telecom Page.

Should you have any questions, we will be ready to assist you further! Have a nice evening!

Best regards,
To The Moon Mobile Team

I just checked that page again and don't see much transparency, the website has been grabbed now anyway,

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
Hitting the AMBR on Virgin Mobile is possible, providing your mast isn't loaded by other EE/EE MVNO users - mine isn't...
IMG_20210313_203707_509.jpg

With your NSG screenshot showing the 'everywhere' APN (which is EE's) being used, my guess is that the AMBR is in effect, though there could still be something else limiting speeds further.

I think 60/25 is/was EE's 'Essential' 4G speeds, unless you pay for the 'Fastest possible' 4G contracts.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Just done another round of speedtests this morning on 4G+ (CA) and it started off at 140Mbps and then pretty much instantly limited down to 50Mbps and this replicated in all 5 tests. There's speed limiting somewhere for sure.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I have submitted a complaint to the ASA too, I sent screenshots of the emails too.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
So the palava with TTM continues, I've posted a review on Trustpilot and have been asked for more information,

After typing a very informative email this evening as requested, detailing how tests where performed, times of day, masts involved and also links to relevent information such as AMBR and what Network Signal Guru is and also how data is recorded and used on CellMapper....

I've had an "absolute Bull**** email response trying to divert the fact towards me trying to compare 5G.

There's damage control and then there's just hiding the truth!

All they have to do is specify limits in their terms and conditions, that's all I'm asking them to do and not up sell based on EE's speeds.

I will be writing a full review and report on this soon, but for now

DON'T BE MISLEAD AND AVOID UNTIL THEY ARE HONEST ENOUGH!

On a side note, as they seem to be letting anyone start a network now, I would like to unveil my network, ITS THE BEST, WHAT EVER YOU WANT, I'LL TELL YOU I'VE GOT IT,I'll send you a free sim if you want, it won't work but who cares :cautious:

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
UPDATE: Upon updating my TrustPilot review I've noticed a lot of fake reviewers and even multiple reviews by the same users

Who are these people, who have I ended up giving my details too?
A load of polish people by the sounds of some of the people who run it / ran it on companies house ;)

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
So the palava with TTM continues, I've posted a review on Trustpilot and have been asked for more information,

After typing a very informative email this evening as requested, detailing how tests where performed, times of day, masts involved and also links to relevent information such as AMBR and what Network Signal Guru is and also how data is recorded and used on CellMapper....

I've had an "absolute Bull**** email response trying to divert the fact towards me trying to compare 5G.

There's damage control and then there's just hiding the truth!

All they have to do is specify limits in their terms and conditions, that's all I'm asking them to do and not up sell based on EE's speeds.

I will be writing a full review and report on this soon, but for now

DON'T BE MISLEAD AND AVOID UNTIL THEY ARE HONEST ENOUGH!

On a side note, as they seem to be letting anyone start a network now, I would like to unveil my network, ITS THE BEST, WHAT EVER YOU WANT, I'LL TELL YOU I'VE GOT IT,I'll send you a free sim if you want, it won't work but who cares :cautious:
I didn't even bother explaining anything to them; i just sent them a link to this forum, as all the evidence is basically on here.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
UPDATE FROM TTM MOBILE: I've today received an email out of the blue from To The Moon Mobile, please read below,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for expressing interest in To The Moon Mobile, and providing us the screenshots following your initial tests – they were in fact very useful!

Based on the feedback gathered by our customer support from yourself and other users, we have performed a thorough investigation, involving both our internal departments and network provider.

The key outtake we would like to share with you:
EE do not artificially restrict data speeds for TTMM or EE SIMs, so our customers do indeed have the same conditions on each bandwidth as EE subscribers.
However, we do not provide 5G and voLTE (we use similar technology, which is CSFB), at the moment, therefore we have access to the following EE Network Frequencies:

• 1800MHz Band 3 2G&4G
  • 2100MHz Band 1 3G&4G
  • 2600MHz Band 7 4G
The 800MHz Band 20 is not in fact currently available to our customers, therefore we have now removed this information from our website: https://tothemoonmobile.com/help

Please note that we are constantly improving our services, so there may arise a lack of information, in some cases.

We believe in transparent communication, and strive to create simple products in an increasingly complex world.
We did not intend to frustrate or mislead you, nor cause any inconvenience. And we really do appreciate your input!

As a token of our appreciation, upon your request, we are happy to send you a sim card with a free 80 GB bundle for 30 days. If you are interested, please provide us your phone number and delivery address.
Matthew, in case if you will have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help you!

Kind regards,

To The Moon Mobile Team

As the email details they have now indeed removed 800mhz claim from their website,

However they still claim an unrestricted service so I have taken them up on the offer of a new sim with 80GB data plan and said I'm happy to test this again and if indeed I was wrong I will amend feedback and also issue a correction statement here.

They have confirmed they are sending the sim this evening so hopefully I can get started next week on testing it and taking a look at how EE 's 4G network is looking and dare say put TTM and Smarty head to head.

See ya soon with more :)

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Just a shame they didn't send me an 80GB SIM.... :)

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
+CSFB is Circuit Switch Fall Back which is in no way shape or form similar to VoLTE. It falls back onto 3G/HSDPA/HSDPA+/DC-HSDPA. It is practically 3G and has no where near the call quality of VoLTE. This will be ok for some people but for my house I have to get into my loft to get a 3G signal but 4G works flawlessly.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Sounds like they don't know their own network at all. If your going to realease an MVNO at least figure out what it does and doesn't have before claiming it.......

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Something strange has just occurred to me. I was looking at the app mastdata (10/10 app, really good and I reccomend it πŸ˜€). It shows the PLMN you are connected to and the PLMN your SIM is supposed to connect to if that network is available. My Three SIM is normal and is connected to 23420 and the one the SIM is set to use is the same. What is strange though is ToTheMoon's set up. Their SIM is trained to connect to the old, decommitioned in most areas, Orange Network code of 23433; not 23430 which is the proper one from T-Mobile EE use today. Maybe this could be something to do with the speed limiting or band capping?

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Β£70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £20.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £25.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4124)
  2. BT (3154)
  3. Politics (2120)
  4. Building Digital UK (2028)
  5. Openreach (1970)
  6. FTTC (1923)
  7. Business (1836)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1607)
  9. Statistics (1513)
  10. 4G (1380)
  11. FTTH (1371)
  12. Virgin Media (1277)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1241)
  14. Fibre Optic (1235)
  15. Wireless Internet (1234)
  16. Vodafone (927)
  17. EE (907)
  18. 5G (899)
  19. TalkTalk (821)
  20. Sky Broadband (787)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules