Sponsored Links

Testing: EEs 4G - MVNOs

That doesn't look right at all tbh, I would complain to EE maybe because those speeds look like complete crap
I’m not on contract so they wouldn’t listen. I could put a report in on their site but I doubt anything would get done. That Speedtest was B3 + B7 2CA.

There's still major issues around my area with EE. Status checker shows there is an issue and that has been there for around 3 weeks now - next update is on the 16th according to someone who got a text off EE.

This is the reason why I left EE, this issue in this area has been here for the past two years. I've no idea what's being done about it, if anything!

Several people in the area have managed to be released from their contracts free of charge too. It's baffling!

If anyone is interested it's 31873 (EE) on cellmapper

EE are big fans of microwave, even in urban areas. Not quite my tempo..
Just remember, Only because you see a Microwave on a site, it don't mean it broadcasts on it, It could be supplying another near by site. Can only find out on plans to see if there any hits of "BT" mentioned then you know is not supplied by a microwave link

Is anyone still using 1pmobile? Seems to be the only that offers 5G with EE other than BT
I am, but not on 5G - the SIM is in a 4G router connected by cables to two desktop computers and two ordinary telephones.
I only switched to them a month and a half ago after finally giving up with Three, whose evening performance had become so bad here (London NW10) that pages on some sites simply would not load, so it's a bit early to pass judgement, but things seem OK. Not spectacularly fast but adequate, no massive slow down in the evenings, in fact no problems at all yet, and a few pounds cheaper so I'm glad I changed.

I am, but not on 5G - the SIM is in a 4G router connected by cables to two desktop computers and two ordinary telephones.
I only switched to them a month and a half ago after finally giving up with Three, whose evening performance had become so bad here (London NW10) that pages on some sites simply would not load, so it's a bit early to pass judgement, but things seem OK. Not spectacularly fast but adequate, no massive slow down in the evenings, in fact no problems at all yet, and a few pounds cheaper so I'm glad I changed.
Thanks for this.

Anyone using utility warehouse SIM? Runs on EE with volte and WiFi calling 4g only. £18 a month for unlimited. Not sure if you need an account with them so might try and grab a SIM for a month to check it out.

Switched from Plusnet to 1p Mobile and what a difference! Hitting 250+ mbps on LTE on my (now ancient) iPhone 8. VoLTE and VoWiFi working perfectly.

What I hate most is their website which is a clunky mess and it doesn’t help that they don’t have an app.

Ps. Worth mentioning that if you have a recurring data bundle, you’re exempt from their newly announced obligatory top ups!

Attachments

• E4317A66-F220-4239-A5A2-F8E32FAF033D.jpeg
    E4317A66-F220-4239-A5A2-F8E32FAF033D.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 117
Switched from Plusnet to 1p Mobile and what a difference! Hitting 250+ mbps on LTE on my (now ancient) iPhone 8. VoLTE and VoWiFi working perfectly.

What I hate most is their website which is a clunky mess and it doesn’t help that they don’t have an app.

Ps. Worth mentioning that if you have a recurring data bundle, you’re exempt from their newly announced obligatory top ups!
Yeah. The site is a mess!

1p has full access to the EE network including wifi calling and 5G unlike their other mvno set ups.

Shame there’s no unlimited package, I think it’s 50gb for £15 which isn’t a bad bundle tbf.

1p has full access to the EE network including wifi calling and 5G unlike their other mvno set ups.

Shame there’s no unlimited package, I think it’s 50gb for £15 which isn’t a bad bundle tbf.

Indeed. Was at work today (hospital) and for the first time ever with an EE MVNO, it was connected to B20. (With plusnet, I typically had no service at work)

Interestingly though, B20 seems to be exclusively used for VoLTE. I couldn’t browse or even send sms/WhatsApp messages.

I’m liking 1p so far. Just wish they had an app or at least a half decent website. Also, £10 as a minimum top up is too much. They should be more flexible with people who mainly have the sim for data like myself. I’m never gonna use 1000 minutes. And my data is already paid for.

...£10 as a minimum top up is too much. They should be more flexible with people who mainly have the sim for data like myself. I’m never gonna use 1000 minutes. And my data is already paid for.
Did they not give you a £5 phone credit when you signed up for the £15/50GB data "boost"? As long as you keep renewing the data bundle, that £5 doesn't expire so you've no need to separately top up at all if you're hardly using the phone.
I actually got £5.20 instead of £5.00 for some odd unexplained reason when I joined in December, and every 30 days when my data package renews, that counts as a top-up, so the "next top-up due" date changes accordingly - I've used a massive 3p-worth of voice/text calls so it now says I have £5.17 credit (excluding the data boost, of course) and next top-up has moved to a June date.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules