heinzbean

OOps forgot to attach pic.

Attachments

• 1442.jpg
    1442.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 74

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
That's awesome across the board, including ping..

I think nperf might have trouble measuring such high speeds as they only download from a single host during the test. Wish they would fix this..

heinzbean

I will have to wander around this area and see which direction gives the best speed.........1091 last time i was there......have to change my avatar.

heinzbean

Smarty definitely says 5g coming on its website.
Why would it be there 1 day and not the next ??.
Surely if 3 works Smarty should work.??
Got worst result ever 2172 New Addington Parade... 0.56Mbps download.
Glad i got unlimited data..

heinzbean

Jittery i think i have worked out why 1091Mbps tested a couple of weeks ago...and 1442Mbps yesterday. exactly the same spot , same phone etc.
I had only just got the phone there was a 2Gb data limit/Warning set.
The 1st test used 1992 Mb data yesterdays faster test 2536Mb.
I could be wrong..but its the only explanation.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Jittery i think i have worked out why 1091Mbps tested a couple of weeks ago...and 1442Mbps yesterday. exactly the same spot , same phone etc.
I had only just got the phone there was a 2Gb data limit/Warning set.
The 1st test used 1992 Mb data yesterdays faster test 2536Mb.
I could be wrong..but its the only explanation.
It will always vary to be honest, how long you'll continue to see over 1Gb for speeds will be interesting too, but good to see its capable in the beginning

TTJJ

ULTIMATE Member
Three have 5G coverage at my parents house recently and the Vodafone MBB SIM I manage for them is coming to an end.

I’m really torn whether or not to buy a 5G router for them to try it as they do use Vodafone quite heavily. Vodafone runs at average 20-40mbps which is perfectly fine for them and they’ve reported no issues after leaving Three but I know with Three it’s easy to get your hopes up and even with high speeds there’s likely going to be other problems.

How reliable is Three’s 5G in relation to the ‘quirks’ we experienced on 4G....

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
@TTJJ don’t even concider the 5G router three give you, its awful and doesn’t get the full speed and likes to drop off. Apart from that it seems ok from what I can gauge. Use 1.1.1.1 on the DNS and you should be able to avoid their crap network backbone.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Three have 5G coverage at my parents house recently and the Vodafone MBB SIM I manage for them is coming to an end.

I’m really torn whether or not to buy a 5G router for them to try it as they do use Vodafone quite heavily. Vodafone runs at average 20-40mbps which is perfectly fine for them and they’ve reported no issues after leaving Three but I know with Three it’s easy to get your hopes up and even with high speeds there’s likely going to be other problems.

How reliable is Three’s 5G in relation to the ‘quirks’ we experienced on 4G....
Don't fix what isn't broken.

jwhiterz

Anyone know how long it takes for 3 to update their coverage checker? Or have a way of checking if a site is broadcasting 5G without using a 5G phone?
A local site to me has just had a full rebuild including 5G antennas but unsure if it’s live yet. Interested in getting the 5G home broadband.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Anyone know how long it takes for 3 to update their coverage checker? Or have a way of checking if a site is broadcasting 5G without using a 5G phone?
A local site to me has just had a full rebuild including 5G antennas but unsure if it’s live yet. Interested in getting the 5G home broadband.
Don't get their router. Buy your own separately from Amazon then get an unlimited phone SIM. Their provided router has faulty firmware and is crap in every way.

jwhiterz

Don't get their router. Buy your own separately from Amazon then get an unlimited phone SIM. Their provided router has faulty firmware and is crap in every way.
Noted, I’ll take a look on Amazon.
Hmmm, not sure, all the operators seem to be hit and miss with keeping their coverage maps up to date.

You could check on Three's website if 5G Home Broadband is available?
the coverage checker page says “

Looks like 5G is in your area.​

Enter your postcode to see if you'll get it at home.”​

Once you enter the post code it states it’s not so I’m unsure if that message is just marketing, or if they haven’t updated the checker fully yet.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Noted, I’ll take a look on Amazon.

the coverage checker page says “

Looks like 5G is in your area.​

Enter your postcode to see if you'll get it at home.”​

Once you enter the post code it states it’s not so I’m unsure if that message is just marketing, or if they haven’t updated the checker fully yet.
I can confirm I've been past 3 new Three 5G setups today that are not yet broadcasting either 4G or 5G....

Actually quite suprised tom see a sudden boost in new mast sites in my area from Three (and only Three),

They don't seem to be working with EE anymore huh?

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.95 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £22.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW £23.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £23.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First Month Free
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £26.00 (*54.00)
    Speed: 400Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £26.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £26.00 (*29.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3398)
  2. BT (2984)
  3. Politics (1891)
  4. Building Digital UK (1889)
  5. FTTC (1872)
  6. Openreach (1796)
  7. Business (1641)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1443)
  9. Statistics (1388)
  10. FTTH (1363)
  11. 4G (1249)
  12. Fibre Optic (1150)
  13. Virgin Media (1139)
  14. Wireless Internet (1135)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1126)
  16. Vodafone (822)
  17. EE (816)
  18. TalkTalk (750)
  19. 5G (735)
  20. Sky Broadband (731)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules