Sponsored

Testing: Three 4G/5G - Inc. Smarty Mobile

Seani

Why I complain cause Three network are the slowest in the roll out of 5G they boasted about having the biggest chunk of 5G Spectrum I have been waiting 2 years I use to be with Relish then Three network bought it out become Three Broadband now its merged into Three Network.

Vodafone is way ahead in my area they have full 5G coverage.

Three lie alot nearly most of there 4G mast are full of congestion especially in London when I was on 4G broadband I kept on complaining cause I was getting 2mbps download speeds 5G broadband is an improvement.

Three Network sometimes will tell you there are some works going on to improve the speeds to cope with congestion which I dont see any improvements.

Crap network never going to be on Three network when my contract ends.
So to cap off today's findings....

It's cost £15 to find out that EE's bitching about Three was somewhat acceptable (even though its just an attack on marketing) but putting BT and the potentially dangerous state the mobile telecom's sector is in of becoming monopolized aside .....

I'm actually somewhat surprised Three couldn't come at me and change my mind on what I thought where bold and bull :poop: statements about .....

1. "We're building the UK's fastest 5G network"

2. "We’ve got more 5G than any other UK network. And it’s the good stuff. 100MHz of fine-tuned, full-pelt, maxed-out 5G."

3."You see, to get proper 5G experiences you’re going to need a network that can offer a full 5G service. 100MHz of 5G spectrum is the recognised standard for this. And we’ve got it. In fact, we’ve got 140MHz, and we’re the only UK network to have that much. The other UK networks have less than half."

* Statements from Three's website and What is 5G page.

But like them I was wrong, now I'm obviously NOT finished testing yet and maybe if I go to parts of the country where the higher "classes" go to play then I may find better results, but from a mast that also houses 5CA capable EE network and sat adjacent a Vodafone 5G mast with upgraded O2 network, I was surprised at how this guy didn't really compete having so much more spectrum available to it.

and finally for tonight I will leave it at this....

View attachment 852View attachment 853

Thanks for reading, feel free to comment and see you soon with some more stuffs :)
Well that’s nonsense o2 didnt upgrade a shared base station in London with Vodafone & Vodafone install 5G - one or the other did a upgrade only as Vodafone and o2 ended shared London base stations in 2018 & o2 signed a shared base station site contract with Three for London in 2018 after Vodafone & o2 removed that from Cornerstone.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
try *#9900#

nvm, that's for a lot more :)
Doesn't really matter now anyways, i complained to three from multiple accounts and they eventually sent someone out and it's working again now. Also got a few month on all the accounts i complained from 😎

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Well that’s nonsense o2 didnt upgrade a shared base station in London with Vodafone & Vodafone install 5G - one or the other did a upgrade only as Vodafone and o2 ended shared London base stations in 2018 & o2 signed a shared base station site contract with Three for London in 2018 after Vodafone & o2 removed that from Cornerstone.
What??? O2 & Three have no agreements in place, why are you pulling information from months ago up.

Your not not making much sense either.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.95 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £22.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW £23.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £23.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First Month Free
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £26.00 (*54.00)
    Speed: 400Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £26.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £26.00 (*29.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3398)
  2. BT (2984)
  3. Politics (1891)
  4. Building Digital UK (1889)
  5. FTTC (1872)
  6. Openreach (1796)
  7. Business (1641)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1443)
  9. Statistics (1388)
  10. FTTH (1363)
  11. 4G (1249)
  12. Fibre Optic (1150)
  13. Virgin Media (1139)
  14. Wireless Internet (1135)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1126)
  16. Vodafone (822)
  17. EE (816)
  18. TalkTalk (750)
  19. 5G (735)
  20. Sky Broadband (731)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules