Sponsored

Testing: Three 4G/5G - Inc. Smarty Mobile

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I was actually surprised Three's 5G are as fast as they are. I get 300mbps+ on 4G with EE here so was planning to use that if Three speeds were poor. Haven't purchased any additional data plans with EE, just use them for my personal phone.
Have you the 5G addon? I noticed recently (along with others) as well that EEs 4G performance has significantly dropped. I'm talking 140Mge 1 minute, barely 10 meg the other.

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
I was actually surprised Three's 5G are as fast as they are. I get 300mbps+ on 4G with EE here so was planning to use that if Three speeds were poor. Haven't purchased any additional data plans with EE, just use them for my personal phone.
They can send you an unlock code it wont work as usually they exhausted the unlock section I even tried getting an unlock code which they gave but didnt work it still greyed out they want you to use there 5G network.

wgen

Casual Member
Have you the 5G addon? I noticed recently (along with others) as well that EEs 4G performance has significantly dropped. I'm talking 140Mge 1 minute, barely 10 meg the other.
My sim only plan with EE is 5G ready/included if that's what you mean. It was always 200mbps+ for as long as I can remember.

wgen

Casual Member
Here, it is possible to enter an unlock code via the web interface and the mobile app. Let me assure you with the second screenshot done via the mobile app I've filled in the field which illuminates the save button.

Screenshot 2021-08-31 140923.jpg

IMG_7014.jpg

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Here, it is possible to enter an unlock code via the web interface and the mobile app. Let me assure you with the second screenshot done via the mobile app I've filled in the field which illuminates the save button.

View attachment 1463

View attachment 1465
My CPE Pro 1 i got from them had it's unlock exhausted. It's good they've stopped doing that. Is the router you have branded or unbranded?

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Good question which makes me wonder about the possibility of it being unlocked. It's branded with a Three logo on the front.
Yeah, it will be unlockable no matter what but branded software can mean you can't use third party apps like huactrl.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Wish there was a place to download the stock firmware. Even if it's branded, they wouldn't change the internals of the device, right?
no no they don't change the internals, just the software.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
I think @JitteryPinger was pondering on getting the unlock code, usually they exhaust the unlock attempts so you can’t unlock the router.
I also got the same sms saying they couldn't identify my device, so spoke to web chat team and they advised I sent the form again, this time I added model number to the form instead of just manufacturer and also copied and pasted IMEI from GUI

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Found a L07 cell yesterday, but not connected.

IMG_20210901_101252.jpg

I'm pretty glad Three decided to use the 700mhz license on 4G rather than 5G.

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
Thats a super low RSRP value, it must be a good distance away

I don't know if it still applies, but when first deploying B28 Three set it up with some strange configurations:
It was the lowest of priorities (below B20), so realistically you'd never naturally drop onto it unless super remote where B20 couldn't get to.
And in a aggregation scenario, it had to be aggregated in some combination with n78 - effectively limiting the B28 access to only those users with 5G devices and also limiting the distance down to the coverage area of n78.

As I say, I don't know if that still applies or if things have been reconfigured now that they've got more experience with the deployment, but it's pretty amusing.

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
7DE08241-57A0-4797-82A5-DAAADB5F7824.jpeg

Also, look at the download, up and down like a yo-yo using smarty, I am inside a coffee shop right now, but solid 3 bars 4G.

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
Would the iPhone show differentiation such as LTE-A, as I only ever see LTE on nPerf, but maybe there is just no CA here yet except Three, but even that just solely displays LTE whatever I’m connected to.
I don't believe the APIs that Apple have allow for apps to be able to 'see' the status of the aggregation (or non-aggregation), so no, I don't believe it would.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.00 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*27.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3561)
  2. BT (3023)
  3. Politics (1938)
  4. Building Digital UK (1927)
  5. FTTC (1887)
  6. Openreach (1837)
  7. Business (1691)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1479)
  9. Statistics (1409)
  10. FTTH (1365)
  11. 4G (1277)
  12. Fibre Optic (1174)
  13. Virgin Media (1171)
  14. Wireless Internet (1160)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1149)
  16. Vodafone (846)
  17. EE (834)
  18. 5G (771)
  19. TalkTalk (769)
  20. Sky Broadband (747)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules