Sponsored

Testing: Three 4G/5G - Inc. Smarty Mobile

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
Would cellmapper on an honor 10 lite pick up if 700mhz is local; even though the phone doesn’t support it?

I’m assuming not but would save me the chore of moving sims about 😂

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Need someone to magically make cellmapper compatible with iPhones and my life would be complete 😂
Or just don’t buy iPhones like the rest of us 😁

just a thought :)

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I’ll no doubt get the next Samsung when that comes out.

Always swap 😂
I have an iPhone too, it’s god awful and I can’t wait to ditch it 🤟🏻

It’s only my work phone though and I’m planning on getting a 5G phone of some sorts soon as my main one so my RN9 will become work for a while.

eccles

Top Member
I tested 5g at Webs Heath, Bristol BS30 5LZ this afternoon using my Motorola edge 20 lite. Also at Tenniscourt Road, Kingswood BS15 4LB. Speed at the latter location was 327mb/s down, 30mb/s up. My soon to be expiring Three sim was used.
New Smarty sim also tested in the same phone at Webs Heath, only supporting 4g+. I didn't do speed tests at this location.

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Nice low speeds as usual as expected using Honor 9X at my nans house E1 4QS next to Stepney Green Station

Screenshot_20210905_141218.jpg

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Well Smarty not Three from what I'm seeing and also I've banged this line out so many times I'm bored of it.... the Honor 9x isn't exactly a good device to determine Three's capability.

I could test Vodafone with a Lemobile LE X829 and it would be crap and then with a i Pixel 4 and it would be fantastic.
I understand what your saying im using Honor 9X not good deivce to do testing yes im using smarty I use
To be with Three it was kind of same speeds as Smarty in my areas.

My wife has p40 lite which is better for testing but still get slow speeds from Three.

I uncle use to be with Three when he had iphone 7 says Three use be good around 2011 in the area now gone downhill.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Im showing how bad Three is in my areas
WE KNOW YOU HAVE TOLD US TIME AND TIME AGAIN!

It’s starting to get tiresome. First it was complaining about the 5G, then it was moaning about the 4G and now you aren’t even testing 3 with a proper phone or SIM.

jbennett360

Pro Member
I understand what your saying im using Honor 9X not good deivce to do testing yes im using smarty I use
To be with Three it was kind of same speeds as Smarty in my areas.

My wife has p40 lite which is better for testing but still get slow speeds from Three.

I uncle use to be with Three when he had iphone 7 says Three use be good around 2011 in the area now gone downhill.
If they're that bad, can't you leave for someone else when your contract/deal is over?

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
If they're that bad, can't you leave for someone else when your contract/deal is over?
He’s on smarty, there’s no contract, and this is my thoughts exactly. If your pissed off with them, get rid! I got rid of giffgaff for smarty as they were abysmal and didn’t make a hoot about it

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Im not pissed off cause I mainly use WiFi which is Three 5G Broadband im just showing that's how the speeds are even on my wifes P40 Lite in my areas.

I will be moving to Vodafone after my Free month and £15 free credit I got for referring finishes.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Im not pissed off cause I mainly use WiFi which is Three 5G Broadband im just showing that's how the speeds are even on my wifes P40 Lite in my areas.

I will be moving to Vodafone after my Free month and £15 free credit I got for referring finishes.
If you mainly use WiFi, there's no reason to complain. I don't see why you use three for your internet and phone but you still complain about both. I get that you are probably in contract for the broadband but if three is so awful for your mobile, get up and leave.

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
Just toying between smarty and Three, the connection seems exactly the same in my area, no variation in ping, up or down speeds, both intermittent at accessing 5G but I think that’s just due to my location.

Considering porting my number from O2 as I’ve seriously had enough of their BS.

So I’m either heading smarty or voxi.

Someone sway my mind 😂

I am due to move to the North East, either Newcastle or Hartlepool so don’t know if anyone has any hands on experience between the two locations.

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Just toying between smarty and Three, the connection seems exactly the same in my area, no variation in ping, up or down speeds, both intermittent at accessing 5G but I think that’s just due to my location.

Considering porting my number from O2 as I’ve seriously had enough of their BS.

So I’m either heading smarty or voxi.

Someone sway my mind 😂

I am due to move to the North East, either Newcastle or Hartlepool so don’t know if anyone has any hands on experience between the two locations.
Well my port went very quickly from Virgin Mobile to Smarty, so can't fault them on that process for what it's worth CarlO1460. 😊 (y)

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.00 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*27.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3561)
  2. BT (3023)
  3. Politics (1938)
  4. Building Digital UK (1927)
  5. FTTC (1887)
  6. Openreach (1837)
  7. Business (1691)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1479)
  9. Statistics (1409)
  10. FTTH (1365)
  11. 4G (1277)
  12. Fibre Optic (1174)
  13. Virgin Media (1171)
  14. Wireless Internet (1160)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1149)
  16. Vodafone (846)
  17. EE (834)
  18. 5G (771)
  19. TalkTalk (769)
  20. Sky Broadband (747)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules