Sponsored

Testing: Three 4G/5G - Inc. Smarty Mobile

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
Personally I'd wait until you're in your new location and then test and decide.

However, if you're happy to do a little bit of legwork and 'risk' cashback by redemption as well as quidco cashback, you can get unlimited with Three for 12 months through Affordable Mobiles for very little money.

Contracted at £18pm for 12 months = £216 (£18pm)
-£96 cashback by redemption = £120 (£10pm)
-£40 by going through quidco first, "for existing and new affordable mobile customers" = £80 (£6.67pm)

(note that the £18pm cost will be taken from your bank each month, the cashback comes back to you at a later date (and can never be 'guaranteed'))

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
FYI I'm on a similar deal from back in May, but with £126 redemption + £20 quidco for new AM customers = £5.84pm
Quidco has already been paid last week and is in my bank already.
First redemption set (bill 1-4) is due to be sent off to be claimed next week.

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
Personally I'd wait until you're in your new location and then test and decide.

However, if you're happy to do a little bit of legwork and 'risk' cashback by redemption as well as quidco cashback, you can get unlimited with Three for 12 months through Affordable Mobiles for very little money.

Contracted at £18pm for 12 months = £216 (£18pm)
-£96 cashback by redemption = £120 (£10pm)
-£40 by going through quidco first, "for existing and new affordable mobile customers" = £80 (£6.67pm)

(note that the £18pm cost will be taken from your bank each month, the cashback comes back to you at a later date (and can never be 'guaranteed'))
This is true, I could aim for a Vodafone sim only, get friends discount of 60% staff discount added, on the unlimited plan £33 a month drops to £13.20, and whatever cashback I can find on top.

Just not sure being in a O2 host zone wether it’ll be a waste of a credit check.

Answered my own question I guess. I’ll just drop it to voxi as that has always been a safe all rounder, and their offers are pretty good at the moment as I don’t use hotspot having FTTP.

Strangely though, Three sim has stayed loyal to 4G today, usually it’s flipping between on smarty, unless it’s coincidence.

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
If you mainly use WiFi, there's no reason to complain. I don't see why you use three for your internet and phone but you still complain about both. I get that you are probably in contract for the broadband but if three is so awful for your mobile, get up and leave.
Im just saying cause in my area generally Three has not improved 4G although 5G expending slowly in my areas.

Some People have seen 4G improve in certain parts of the country on Three I haven't where I live.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Im just saying cause in my area generally Three has not improved 4G although 5G expending slowly in my areas.

Some People have seen 4G improve in certain parts of the country on Three I haven't where I live.
But we know that already from the sheer amount of times you've told us

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
You realise when people say they've seen an improvement its generally been because of 5G upgrade being implemented, and that improvement comes from 4x4 and 256QAM and also Bands 32 and now 28.... of which none would apply to you or any of the devices you 'consistently' 'test'

Also the 10's of thousands of masts across the country and your bummed out becuase a few in your area don't go faster than a few meg.... what about those who are losing their landlines and don't even get a 999 service on their mobiles.

I live in Birmingham, my mobile service isn't as great as I would want it to be, I sit outside my hotel in the city centre with a full signal and lose data all together, this is a 5G mast too....

That's the first time I've mentioned this problem to anybody.... does it bother me.... for about a second and then I put my phone back in my pocket and deal with all the other realworld problems going on with my 15 hour day running 3 kitchens.

When I think about this issue I think about the mere £4 a week I'm spending on an unlimted data and mobile connection.

If your unhappy, stop using it, want to help get it fixed, then report it via all means (twitter, ofcom, ISPA), but filling this thread full of the same speed tests, from the same locations, using the same device is just plain annoying, specially to me who started this thread as something interesting and now is full of pissy moaning and repetative crap.

Good Evening everyone :) :whistle:

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
You realise when people say they've seen an improvement its generally been because of 5G upgrade being implemented, and that improvement comes from 4x4 and 256QAM and also Bands 32 and now 28.... of which none would apply to you or any of the devices you 'consistently' 'test'

Also the 10's of thousands of masts across the country and your bummed out becuase a few in your area don't go faster than a few meg.... what about those who are losing their landlines and don't even get a 999 service on their mobiles.

I live in Birmingham, my mobile service isn't as great as I would want it to be, I sit outside my hotel in the city centre with a full signal and lose data all together, this is a 5G mast too....

That's the first time I've mentioned this problem to anybody.... does it bother me.... for about a second and then I put my phone back in my pocket and deal with all the other realworld problems going on with my 15 hour day running 3 kitchens.

When I think about this issue I think about the mere £4 a week I'm spending on an unlimted data and mobile connection.

If your unhappy, stop using it, want to help get it fixed, then report it via all means (twitter, ofcom, ISPA), but filling this thread full of the same speed tests, from the same locations, using the same device is just plain annoying, specially to me who started this thread as something interesting and now is full of pissy moaning and repetative crap.

Good Evening everyone :) :whistle:
Got your points cant complain what we are paying for on Three and Smarty

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
At least they appear to have refunded you!
Not yet, he said get back on 13th and let us know wether or not it’s improved and then they can consider a refund.

I asked which mast it was, he couldn’t tell me, understandable, he said one nearby, I said there’s 4 😂

Asked if they adding 5G to said mast, he sent the coming soon spiel. Was going to ask about 700mhz being added but I could put money on it he wouldn’t have a clue.

jbennett360

Pro Member
Might pick up a Smarty SIM purely for curiosity. Three's network is one I've never really tried. 5G has been added in a fair few places too, also serves my home address, so it'd be interesting to see how it'd fair up against VF/EE

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Might pick up a Smarty SIM purely for curiosity. Three's network is one I've never really tried. 5G has been added in a fair few places too, also serves my home address, so it'd be interesting to see how it'd fair up against VF/EE
Did someone mention maybe wanting to try Smarty jbennett360?

Oh look it's a Smarty referral link, how did that get there?, some folk have no shame. :rolleyes: 😊

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.00 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*27.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3561)
  2. BT (3023)
  3. Politics (1938)
  4. Building Digital UK (1927)
  5. FTTC (1887)
  6. Openreach (1837)
  7. Business (1691)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1479)
  9. Statistics (1409)
  10. FTTH (1365)
  11. 4G (1277)
  12. Fibre Optic (1174)
  13. Virgin Media (1171)
  14. Wireless Internet (1160)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1149)
  16. Vodafone (846)
  17. EE (834)
  18. 5G (771)
  19. TalkTalk (769)
  20. Sky Broadband (747)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules