Sponsored

Testing: Three 4G/5G - Inc. Smarty Mobile

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Meh, you seem to have limited information and a grudge against VF,

I've seen new Three sites using BT, Vodafone also use other backhaul providers,

The poorest 5G planning you might say too, but I've tested and it out-performs the others (Vodafone that is), they've done a sterling job not just rolling out 5G in my 'region' but also upgraded/planned out 4G towers and monopoles before enabled EN-DC to interconnect with 5G cells, I can't say the same for other nets.

700MHz 5G N28 to offset N78. Sure steal some 4G spectrum but that’s going to impact a technology that doesn’t saturate like 5G.
I'm not sure what you mean by offset N78 but stealing 4G spectrum is what other networks operators have already done....

You also don't seem to realise that Band 28 where in use is currently being rolled out of 4G, and EE recently rolled it out near me in Redditch and when tested was operating in DSS mode meaning it too was operating 4G.

Meanwhile its currently said that devices cannot really aggregate N28 with any other lower bands so despite its 'possible' long range reach its unusable without a higher spectrum band of 4G (1800mhz and above) which in rural settings as you say won't help much.

Why do you speak of high speed uploads, if your reffing to my uplink comment, I wasn't reffering to speed, I was referring to the connection being stable.

Zathan

Pro Member
Meh, you seem to have limited information and a grudge against VF,

I've seen new Three sites using BT, Vodafone also use other backhaul providers,

The poorest 5G planning you might say too, but I've tested and it out-performs the others (Vodafone that is), they've done a sterling job not just rolling out 5G in my 'region' but also upgraded/planned out 4G towers and monopoles before enabled EN-DC to interconnect with 5G cells, I can't say the same for other nets.

I'm not sure what you mean by offset N78 but stealing 4G spectrum is what other networks operators have already done....

You also don't seem to realise that Band 28 where in use is currently being rolled out of 4G, and EE recently rolled it out near me in Redditch and when tested was operating in DSS mode meaning it too was operating 4G.

Meanwhile its currently said that devices cannot really aggregate N28 with any other lower bands so despite its 'possible' long range reach its unusable without a higher spectrum band of 4G (1800mhz and above) which in rural settings as you say won't help much.

Why do you speak of high speed uploads, if your reffing to my uplink comment, I wasn't reffering to speed, I was referring to the connection being stable.
I get the impression he does not know what he is talking about.

Seani

Top Member
I get the impression he does not know what he is talking about.
I do.

Is that like your comment about Gov Emergency Services Network being built so anyone can call 999 from their own ‘home’ network (not the Existing override to 999 carrier to any available network signal) lol, just LOL.

Ah well at least you gave millions of UK emergency workers a great laugh, because the fact EE haven’t repeatedly built the network on time (Or numerous budgets) so they can communicate with their fellow emergency first responder workers at least you can call their 999 call centre without building a consumer 999 emergency network enforced on each network by the Gov.

Here’s some information & some further life hacks about 999 calling with no signal on your ‘home’ network and others https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...p-ice-disaster-alert-eu-112-a7807981.html?amp :)

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I do.

Is that like your comment about Gov Emergency Services Network being built so anyone can call 999 from their own ‘home’ network (not the Existing override to 999 carrier to any available network signal) lol, just LOL.

Ah well at least you gave millions of UK emergency workers a great laugh, because the fact EE haven’t repeatedly built the network on time (Or numerous budgets) so they can communicate with their fellow emergency first responder workers at least you can call their 999 call centre without building a consumer 999 emergency network enforced on each network by the Gov.

Here’s some information & some further life hacks about 999 calling with no signal on your ‘home’ network and others https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...p-ice-disaster-alert-eu-112-a7807981.html?amp :)
lmao no you don't

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
@Seani also at least we are able to admit we are wrong if we are but no your always right every time how could I ever forget 😐

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
How could you ever forget what?

No idea what you are taking about.
How could I ever forget that we should never question you and you are always right

quick tip off your not

Seani

Top Member
lmao no you don't
lmao no you don't

The ESN network is radio comms over 4G for Emergency responders to replace o2s original now Motorola Airwave not so consumers can get a signal on their own ‘home’ network to call 999, as stated that ability exists to 999/112 (Brexit removed?) call on any available mobile network signal in situ. It the only time the big 4 networks allow U.K. roaming calls.

All 4 networks like the new Rural network will be able to install their transmitters freely on BT/EE built ESN base stations. (And in most cases pay BT for access to the existing EE backhaul pipe transfer to the nearest non BT hop).

Building ESN for 999 call signal lol lol LOL.

999 is the only call in the U.K. that can use any network roaming, build out a £10 Billion pound ESN to handle 999 coverage for citizens hahaha that’s SO funny. That’s comedy GOLD!

Zathan

Pro Member
The ESN network is radio comms over 4G for Emergency responders to replace o2s original now Motorola Airwave not so consumers can get a signal on their own ‘home’ network to call 999, as stated that ability exists to 999/112 (Brexit removed?) call on any available mobile network signal in situ. It the only time the big 4 networks allow U.K. roaming calls.

All 4 networks like the new Rural network will be able to install their transmitters freely on BT/EE built ESN base stations. (And in most cases pay BT for access to the existing EE backhaul pipe transfer to the nearest non BT hop).

Building ESN for 999 call signal lol lol LOL.

999 is the only call in the U.K. that can use any network roaming, build out a £10 Billion pound ESN to handle 999 coverage for citizens hahaha that’s SO funny. That’s comedy GOLD!
Thanks for providing this afternoons laugh.

Seani

Top Member
Thanks for providing this afternoons laugh.
Keep laughing, BT cost you £10 Billion this far, as a non U.K. taxpayer I couldn’t give a hoot. I just laugh at the U.K. Gov and their mates contracts you are all paying for.

That’s your wages paying for it, how much tax did you pay BT in the last 5 years whilst your own Council & NHS Trust and Primary Care fell to bits, but it’s ok the gov are building you a 999 citizens access network outside the roaming agreement of all four networks allegedly, so yeah you'll sleep safe knowing the gov are keeping you safe with their own MNC for citizen coverage infill at how much per head ? £10 billion divided by say a round figure of 70 million people.

Did they also change Code to Mobile Network Citizen, it would be the prudent thing to do really after spending that much per head.

Seani

Top Member
Well Three finally corrected some issue here after reporting strange behaviours on payg, contract, broadband, & Smarty sims.

CPE Pro 2 can now actually connect to all the local MBNL base stations and it’s back up to 33-45megs, Smarty in CPE is also doing a lot better between 25-35megs which given the area is so 4G saturated is to be expected, and no carrier aggregation. So good but not good enough to keep a Pro2 24m contract. May pull out a few old 4G routers though and have a play with 3 BB sim.

I’ll stick to Lebara 5G for now. £12.50 200Megs Moto G50 MiFI, much better results.

Live Chat returns here we come.

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
Smarty showing 4G but the deployment type says it is connected to, or in reach of 5G, but no 5G icon. No data to test though.

5B6553C8-95ED-41D2-8B84-A643C2AD0152.jpg

My Three sim, same location, same connection stats, does show the 5G icon when everything else is the same.

Also noticed that smarty lingered on band 20 a lot more than Three did when moving about. Band 1 and 3 locally available.

Definitely some priority stuff going on.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.00 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*27.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3561)
  2. BT (3023)
  3. Politics (1938)
  4. Building Digital UK (1927)
  5. FTTC (1887)
  6. Openreach (1837)
  7. Business (1691)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1479)
  9. Statistics (1409)
  10. FTTH (1365)
  11. 4G (1277)
  12. Fibre Optic (1174)
  13. Virgin Media (1171)
  14. Wireless Internet (1160)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1149)
  16. Vodafone (846)
  17. EE (834)
  18. 5G (771)
  19. TalkTalk (769)
  20. Sky Broadband (747)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules