Sponsored

The BT "I" Plate

djreynolds

Top Member
There are a lot of 'snake-oil' remedies for poor ADSL speeds, but the TechRadar site has an interesting review of the "BT I Plate"

Take a look at THIS

Essex Guy

Top Member
Can anything really help Fast4? :laugh:

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Can anything really help Fast4? :laugh:
:laugh:

Don't diss the Iplate, I use one not because I need it really just as a test my sync before the iplate was steady 64 has been from day 1 now with the Iplate I am syncing at 68 just need a few more weeks to see if my line is as stable or if the Iplate causes me to start dropping the internet.

Eezageeza

I already sync my ADSLMax line at the maximum rate (8128Kbps), so presumably there will be no advantage to my using an Iplate. (?)

Bures

Top Member
Surely if you disconnect the bell-wire you are achieving the same thing as the choke.
Cost = £0.00

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Surely if you disconnect the bell-wire you are achieving the same thing as the choke.
Cost = £0.00
I have no fixed internal wireing to access wireing i need to go behind the BT test socket.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Cost = £0.00
I think pulling out the ring wire might even work very marginally better - also means you don't have an unsightly lump screwed to the front of your telephone socket :)

I use dect phones, so have completly disconnected the phone extensions and run network cable to the phone socket and plug the router straight into the master - I've been meaning to stick a BT phone plug on the end of the wire for the old extensions so I can plug them in if I ever need to use dial-up.

djreynolds

Top Member
try this version then......

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php

replacement front panel & no dongle, and stated as 30 day money-back if no improvement

but really, its just papering over the cracks that will just get wider until fibre-to-the-home finally happens.

....because of the new probs with F4, I am looking into alternatives. I even looked into BT's offering. I ran their checker to see if my line would cope with 21cn

the BT checker said my line would not cope with ADSL +at all+, and that 21cn was a 'future plan' for my local exchange.

hmmm

I have been running adsl for a couple of years now, and AQUISS tell me that my local exchange was upgraded to 21cn 6 months ago.

You really do wonder about the future of datacomms in this country while BT has anything to do with it.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Or you could just plug straight into the test socket and be done with it, cost £0.00 speed increase? well mine went from 4550kb to 6550kb; not bad for an exchange BT claim can only handle 4mb and a line they claim can only handle 2mb!!
My exchange is due to be upgraded again next year, I wonder what speeds I will get then??

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2192)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules