Sponsored

The hubris of BT call centre staff

call cent hater

Casual Member
I just post this on another thread but then I noticed that the date of the previous post was 2015, so I have made a new thread.

I have just left BT, and yes it was about their crap customer support. It seems that whatever you say they have to contradict, argue, quibble, and correct everything you say, you cannot be allowed to leave the call having won an argument. As you say there is outright lying as well involved, to cover their lack of technical knowledge - they dont know they dont know and therefore have full confidence in their claims.

They pull one trick after another, one fast one after another; in the last week I was with them their behaviour over the phone worsened as they knew I was leaving I suspect; I was on the phone with a guy, who stated that he recognised myself from four previous calls with himself, he then stated that on the last call I kept repeating "I am still here!" - and too right I would when he was trying to pull enough silence on the call so that he could use the BT rule that if there is a long enough period of silence then the hapless call centre staff can end the call (and keep their job) so I was thwarting that. I then asked what is it with you how many times I have called, why does it matter to you? His reply was a couple of seconds of silence before ending the call.

A woman claimed to be a manager off-the-batt the first call so to speak. That is a rare occurrence so I did not believe her. She said OK I will get someone else on the call, so she puts me in the queue, a couple of minutes later the call was dropped - a long enough spell of silence to end the call and keep her job.

I could go on and on with this kind of crap behaviour.

Complaints - dont make me laugh - the complaint is submitted to the organisation about their behaviour, however, the organisation gets to be the judge, jury, and executioner in your complaint, with the only goal to cover up their bad doing. Bt cannot - just like other companies - give you the result of a complaint; all I get is an email saying the complaint has been closed, but with no indication what the result of the complaint was. I asked, as they kept asking myself what I would like as a result of the complaint, to have a written confirmation of what happened to the person I complained about, the staff couldnt get over it, couldnt move on, couldnt adapt, couldnt talk about anything else, apart from the fact that that would be a bad idea.

BT staff are full of hubris about themselves, and their abilities; they are legends in their own minds. They really do not believe they are doing anything wrong.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
What was the actual problem which made you contact their support in the first place?

call cent hater

Casual Member
What was the actual problem which made you contact their support in the first place?
All sorts; there was trouble with them charging myself for paper billing - even though they claimed that the first two bills would be gratis, with the woman who told myself this then writing down something different, to which subsequent idiots just looked at the notes then claimed it was not written down, despite my telling them to listen to the recording!

Then there is the trouble of their website basically press-ganging you into using cookies even though the GDPR clearly states that there needs to be an opt-out option, and if that is not enough the mixing of essential and marketing cookies to which you only need to accept essential cookies; basically they were and still are buttering their toast on both sides, because if you accept the cookies they are making money from you, and they make money from the paper bill as well. I dont like that, I like my privacy and think that I should be allowed to control what goes onto my computer, and that these companies are always taking the **** anyway - just look at this as an example.

It progressed into out right vile behaviour by BT call centre staff, as they try one lie after another to talk away the cookies policy - other companies use cookies, to which I would reply, yes but not like you.

I am basically aware and wont stand for the BS that call centre staff dish out; they think there is nothing wrong in the BS they dish - were only doing our job. These organisations constantly make you play by the rules while picking and choosing what rules they will abide by.

The DPA is a favourite way of embarrassing them; they claim that they are following the rules that they are following the DPA, to which I cannot resist asking that one last embarrassing question - what body within the UK is charged with regulating the DPA? They have not a clue yet have the cheek to try to use the three words to force you to do what they want when it makes no sense anyway - they are essentially pulling another fast one that fails so they make an excuse for themselves which the recording records so that they can again pull another fast one to keep their job.

Idiots.

You might think I am an idiot, but I am aware of call centre staff and their tricks and have developed over time counter measures - each to his own.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2367)
  2. FTTP (1917)
  3. FTTC (1567)
  4. Broadband Delivery UK (1529)
  5. Politics (1305)
  6. Openreach (1304)
  7. Business (1151)
  8. Statistics (1017)
  9. Mobile Broadband (942)
  10. FTTH (925)
  11. Fibre Optic (924)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (857)
  13. Wireless Internet (851)
  14. 4G (822)
  15. Virgin Media (788)
  16. Sky Broadband (565)
  17. TalkTalk (545)
  18. EE (538)
  19. Vodafone (452)
  20. Security (387)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules