Sponsored

There have been no posts in the last 75 days in this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashpot

Casual Member
"There have been no posts in the last 75 days in this forum"

Quite simply I doubt the average AOL user can understand how to use a forum! After all no pretty pictures nor Joanna Lumley talking them through!

I AM honestly trying to make a valid point here. I help the public with their computing problems and AOL customers seem to live in a eutopia where they learn and understand NOTHING about computers in general or the internet.

AOL installs extra firewall software that stops or blocks communication over networks and is as bad as other worms.

ANY organuisation that cossets its members cannot be good for anything BUT that organisation.

Rob

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Wee allreddy no that, wots yore poynt??

Cornish_Bill

ULTIMATE Member
Captain_Cretin said:
Wee allreddy no that, wots yore poynt??
I think the poynt is my ansome that ee thinks that AOL users are idiots loike :shrug:

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
wot! yew meen loike peeopl oo kant spel???

leqin

I know how to use forums.

I don't need pretty pictures or Joanne Lumley to talk me through anything.

I also help people with their computers... how much would you like to bet that I know more than you know and I have forgotten more than you ever learned in the first place.

Non of the software that AOL installed blocks anything on my PC's, so I can only suggest you need to learn more and make certain that your PC's are set up properly so that you don't have that problem.

Organisations that cosset new members, especially those who are new to PC's and the internet, are vital... AOL and their attitude towards people is a darnsite more welcoming than your narrow minded and ill informed claptrap.

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
new user and already picking a fight with you lot. God i love ISPr.

leqin

Actually no not a new user - I used to be a member here ages ago, but only recently began visiting the site again and had forgotten my old login and password - truth is I find the sorts of generalised statements that cashpot had to say about AOL users narrow minded and egotistical, because that is just what they are and they tell you far more about the person making them than whatever it is they happen to think they are talking about... AOL provide excellent service and are ill deserving, in my experience, of any critisism for the standard of the service they provide or everything they do to make being on the net a pleasent experience for new users.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I have to agree this thread was started in what can be discribed as insaulting to other members who use AOL.

I think this thread needs closing to stop any further insults to members.

The fact no posts was in this forum could because the members using AOL are hapy and have no problems. We find members post when they have problems.

Please lets be more friendly and helpful to our members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2654)
  2. FTTP (2460)
  3. FTTC (1722)
  4. Building Digital UK (1663)
  5. Politics (1542)
  6. Openreach (1512)
  7. Business (1326)
  8. FTTH (1234)
  9. Statistics (1157)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1130)
  11. Fibre Optic (1020)
  12. 4G (975)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (973)
  14. Wireless Internet (972)
  15. Virgin Media (935)
  16. EE (650)
  17. Sky Broadband (639)
  18. TalkTalk (618)
  19. Vodafone (603)
  20. 3G (440)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules