Sponsored

Thinking of Giving NDO a shot

kinetic

Well i'm thinking of trying NDO's £20 a month 128kb unmetered service.

Having a quick glance over the forum there doesnt appear to be much moaning which is always a good sign. Anyway hows the service? is it still ok.

What are pings like? (dont ******** me, your talking 100 odd using BT with a TA)

Is connecting to 128kb quick and easy?

And lastly, whats the minimum contract?

Because ive become dissilusioned over the internet, being stuck on ISDN with ISP's that seem to be dropping off the back of lorrys. Just dont want to be burned again.

*Thinks back to the Screaming.net days, absolutly years ago, which was incredibly cheap, completely unmetered, had no cut off's and no monthly maximum useage, lasted for years and had a top notch system.*

sarah1

Ive used NDO (as Ive said many a time before) and I'm happy with them.

Fast ad friendly, and if you read their website - been around since 1995 so should by now know what they are doing...

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
When I first joined they where very good (2 months ago) well they are still good however it takes ages yo connect= "registering your computer on the network" takes absolutely ages it is quicker to connect on a 56k dial-up ! My connection gets cut-off after about 30-40 seconds (not comepletely cut off) when I play games I get what we call a CI (connection interrupt) last for 5 seconds then game continues, but when u play a internet game with 5 second cut-off's every 30-40 seconds it casues big problems for me. I know it's not my equipment, I know its NDO cause I have tried other ISP's whilst this happends and works fine. Dont know what NDO can do to resolve the problem but if it dont stop soon Im going to have to leave :( Mabay it has something to do with NDO's modem racks cause it takes me ages to fully connect.

Armengar

try taking the tick out of "register on network" by right clicking on your DUN entry and changing it. Not all ISPs require that your computer register on the network (few run MS backbones anyway)

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
I argee, no-one uses that signing on protocol and it add ages to the time it takes to connect, on a 56k dial-up it goes from 20-30 secs to nearer 90.

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Hi thanks for reply, I went into the settings of the DUN and took off "enable software compression" for some reason it was ticked??? never mind I can now connect with the normal few seconds, now to test the CI's I was getting... hope this solves the problem aswell.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £23.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2768)
  2. FTTP (2746)
  3. FTTC (1783)
  4. Building Digital UK (1740)
  5. Politics (1662)
  6. Openreach (1619)
  7. Business (1429)
  8. FTTH (1340)
  9. Statistics (1240)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1221)
  11. Fibre Optic (1062)
  12. 4G (1052)
  13. Wireless Internet (1020)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1014)
  15. Virgin Media (1004)
  16. EE (696)
  17. Sky Broadband (668)
  18. Vodafone (666)
  19. TalkTalk (661)
  20. 5G (514)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules