Sponsored Links

Three 4G Plus Hub?

Just another small update. I had it out the box again to test the app, when the app didn't work I figured I'd put the sim in it just in case it required an Internet connection and I got an Internet connection without the external antenna attached. So i was wrong about it having no internal antenna, which I thought weird to begin with. The connection was less erratic too!

So i received the 4g plus hub yesterday and i must say, this thing is ugly. Put it in the same spot as my b535 and no signal. I checked the router settings (very basic by the way, as i thought it would be) and couldn't understand why i wasn't receiving a signal.. until i put the bunny ears on. I don't think this thing has an internal antenna? Unless my unit is faulty. These look like the antenna i got in the box but in white. I have line of site to my mast and get a very good signal with my b535 until congestion kicks in at 7pm onward. I was getting an alright connection but not compared to the b535. When running speed tests on various sites, i was getting very erratic results. Speeds jumping all over place during the speed tests. I'd say that was normal but it usually isn't so severe as i was seeing.

Model number on the router - lte2122gr
Some info on the outer box. Fibocom-NL952

I do plan to send this back so if anyone has any questions about the device or UI, ask away.
Three really haven’t sorted their Head Office staffs quality control have they. Here’s a crappier modem amore per month.

Haven’t Three caused enough self harm to date with 4G, aren’t we meant to be moving to 5G but they haven’t even stopped selling 4G only, granted a router is a different case but not cheap crap sold as premium. Vodafone NZ & AU sold there Serco models as a router with 4G back up modem stick.

Cheers for info Adam, only question I have is when will Three bin it, what a pile of junk, if they don’t want to choose HUAWEI then go Netgear generic or the current ZTE, there was no need to bring the Serco 4G Hub+ (lol) in at all, you have to ask yourself when Three UK will stop self damaging itself.

Just another small update. I had it out the box again to test the app, when the app didn't work I figured I'd put the sim in it just in case it required an Internet connection and I got an Internet connection without the external antenna attached. So i was wrong about it having no internal antenna, which I thought weird to begin with. The connection was less erratic too!
Sounds like the antenna turned it into 2x2 than internal 4x4.

I mean really don’t include something that’s going to make the network look worse, think the CEO is going to have to keep rooting he long term crap Tree HO staff out.

If people need a external over 4x4 they generally are gonna need a decent antenna not rabbits ears.

Sponsored Links
As it also supports LTE Band 42, it must be a Cat 16/20 device. Hence 4G Plus. Has anyone tried the mobile App? The signal performance feature looks nice.
Band 42/3500 5G, the Relish frequency - not on Three 4G... it’s telling or it’s a total coincidence. Given it’s Three it could be the latter.

No bother! If you type the model number in google only 1 result pops up, a pdf wifi certificate. I'm new here so unsure if i can link to pdfs that auto download to peoples devices. Anyway, the company listed on the pdf is Sercomm Corporation. Why Three chose to use their company name for their website is a head scratcher

Also, the data sheet of the Fibocom NL952
Three India do the website I believe, Sercomm is probably quality in a country like India where cheap and nasty being so close to China (and inhouse India complaines) is the norm. It’s known in East EU and Australasia. But not really West EU/U.K.

if they don’t want to choose HUAWEI then go Netgear generic or the current ZTE
I agree, can't go wrong with Huawei when it comes to mobile connectivity. They know what they're doing, or in my experience they do. Can't say much about the other 2 but i hear mostly positive things about netgear products.

I agree, can't go wrong with Huawei when it comes to mobile connectivity. They know what they're doing, or in my experience they do. Can't say much about the other 2 but i hear mostly positive things about netgear products.
Indeed. Problem is the USA/U.K. bagged the brand name as untrusted that effects end user devices not just the HUAWEI base stations.

They obviously have a 5G router contract to fulfil now, 4G routers apparently can go to anyone. Next given Sercomm how low will they go to charge more, especially on a 4G network they know has been struggling for years pre 3 Ireland management intervention.

Ericsson built a great 3 Ire 5G network, Three UK are still peddling out 4G Carrier Aggregation as they next big thing in Broadband even though they’ve invested massive amounts in 5G marketing with 5G base stations sitting idle.

Thinga are moving in the right direction but there still seems to be some strategic high level Three head office staff playing the 2003-2019 business as usual Three U.K. when the CEO and others of Three Ireland are trying to innovate Three U.K. - perhaps it’s time to really clear the decks at Three UK new head office with more 3 Ire staff moving across, certainly 3 Ire staff seem to be on the same page as their management team where Three U.K. staff seem to be half assed as usual.

Hi
Was looking for info on the Sercomm lte2122gr as I just upgraded to one and came across this thread.

I was looking to upgrade my old modem to one that utilized 4G+ channel agregation and this seemed to fit the bill.
yea right big mistake, received first router - dosn't recognise SIM card, got a replacement same exact symptom SIM card not recognised, changed between 3 known working Three sim's ........same issue.

I have now sent it back a had to drop back to 4G and a b535-232 just to hopefully get a working router from Three as they offer no other 4G+ router.

At the moment I would not recommened anyone trying these as there seems to be either a batch unit problem or SIM compatability issue with them.

If anyone else has come across this issue I would be interested to know if they found a solution as I have spent days trying to get it to work.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Was looking for info on the Sercomm lte2122gr as I just upgraded to one and came across this thread.

I was looking to upgrade my old modem to one that utilized 4G+ channel agregation and this seemed to fit the bill.
yea right big mistake, received first router - dosn't recognise SIM card, got a replacement same exact symptom SIM card not recognised, changed between 3 known working Three sim's ........same issue.

I have now sent it back a had to drop back to 4G and a b535-232 just to hopefully get a working router from Three as they offer no other 4G+ router.

At the moment I would not recommened anyone trying these as there seems to be either a batch unit problem or SIM compatability issue with them.

If anyone else has come across this issue I would be interested to know if they found a solution as I have spent days trying to get it to work.
The ZTE is 4G+, the sercomm is irrelevant.

Are you currently using the b535? If so, you can CA with it. Whether its available at your location is another matter. As for other Three non Huawei 4g routers, its much more difficult to force CA as no one has found a way yet.. that i know of anyway.

Then why did Three UK pay £250M for Relish if they didn't want to use and benefit from the 3500MHz (Band 42) spectrum?
They don't use it......

I'm looking to upgrade my Three 4G router now, which is Huawei B311 (pretty old)

They offer 2 routers 4G Hub and 4G Plus Hub for £14pm or £17pm respectively

The only difference I can see is the addition of 42 band, a frequency Three don't utilise anyway... And potentially something about 4x4 mimo which isn't mentioned on the Plus, but is on the Base

Now people have more experience of them, is there any benefit for paying the £72 extra (over 24mths) for the 4G Plus Hub

Am I better off just selling either Hub & buying a 3rd party one online

GET A 3RD PARTY ONE!
Sorry did I say that loud enough? ¬_¬

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules