Sponsored Links

Three 4G Plus Hub?

Fkofilee

Top Member
Didnt see that coming... Anybody aware what model of device this is?

Attachments

• Untitled (Small).png
    Untitled (Small).png
    86 KB · Views: 2,061

4G Plus Hub​

Connect up to 64 devices and enjoy stable speeds of up to 600Mbps with our new 4G+ Hub. And there's no need to wait for an engineer – it's plug and play. So as soon as tomorrow you could be browsing, streaming, and sharing.

Performance and speed​

Maximum download speed: 600MBps
Typical download speeds: 50MBps-100MBps

Wi-Fi 5 certified for greater performance on modern devices

LTE band support:1,3,7,20,32,42

Connectivity​

1 WAN port
2 LAN ports
2 external antenna ports
SIM type: Micro SIM
Maximum connected devices: 64
Supports 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi bands

Dimensions​

W277 x H181 x D70 mm
Weight 700g

Three 4G+ Hub app​

Download the Three 4G+ Hub app for greater control over your Wi-Fi. Use it to set parental controls, find the best spot for your hub, and more.

Sounds like a cat12 device.
I'd stay away from Three's 4G though, generally oversubscribed in urban areas.

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20210910-202419_Chrome.jpg

According to the three website it's a Sercomm.

Can't see it on the Sercomm website anywhere though.

Sercomm Website

Must admit, I've never heard of them before.

And i just recieved the pervious hub made by ZTE, is this one any better?
They appear identical apart from some stupid app they’ve made. They are both cat 12, both have the same Wi-Fi specs etc. there’s really no reason anyone should pay any extra for it tbh.

Sponsored Links
They star
View attachment 1525
According to the three website it's a Sercomm.

Can't see it on the Sercomm website anywhere though.

Sercomm Website

Must admit, I've never heard of them before.
Started a U.K. office in 2019, post Brexit result. Prior they had EU offices and Germany was a large market, T-Mobile/Deutsche Telekom & Voda Germany as numerous ‘Vodafone Easybox’ models (broadband + USB Vodafone 3/4G modem failover.

I think Vodafone AU also used one of their broadband + 4G failover routers too when the National Broadband Network rolled out over copper landline incumbent Telstra (Telecom Australia).

They star

Started a U.K. office in 2019, post Brexit result. Prior they had EU offices and Germany was a large market, T-Mobile/Deutsche Telekom & Voda Germany as numerous ‘Vodafone Easybox’ models (broadband + USB Vodafone 3/4G modem failover.

I think Vodafone AU also used one of their broadband + 4G failover routers too when the National Broadband Network rolled out over copper landline incumbent Telstra (Telecom Australia).
From what I hear, Telstra is as much of a failure as BT is.

From what I hear, Telstra is as much of a failure as BT is.
Yeah. BT’s Gov funding begging bowl since privatisation gets it the top award though. Aussies don’t give a castlemain four X for British uncouthness, esp when a public body already privatised, some gov funding has gone to Telstra but even they wouldn’t let BT win other regional/local gov funded bidding contracts for their failure to deliver in the first place. AU gov just forced a payout for access to Telstra ‘Openreach’ ducts for their National Broadband Network. It’s not perfect but then by comparison it’s so British to keep paying tax income to a failing gov body and even one after it was privatised almost 40 years ago (‘84).

Sponsored Links
to end off this pretty much dead thread, its not worth buying the 4G+ Hub. It's the same device as the MF286D, just more expensive. Its only benefit is the app that it comes with but if you don't need some weird app to manage your router you'd be better off with the ZTE.

to end off this pretty much dead thread, its not worth buying the 4G+ Hub. It's the same device as the MF286D, just more expensive. Its only benefit is the app that it comes with but if you don't need some weird app to manage your router you'd be better off with the ZTE.
No complaints with the ZTE I have to say, although I wish I could view band info and stuff on it.

ZTE MF286 is Cat 6 300Mbps

D is for Delta, Cat 12 Three high speeds spreading like a CoVID variant.

Why spend £120 for less hardware when Three can give you the same for £59 on 30 day unlimited day term.

ZTE MF286 is Cat 6 300Mbps
But I didn't say that......

The ZTE and the Sercomm both are CAT 12 devices, there's not any differences in that respect.

But I didn't say that......

The ZTE and the Sercomm both are CAT 12 devices, there's not any differences in that respect.
Sorry the HUAWEI B535 was the 4G Hub, the (then) new ZTE 4G+Hub (along with its HUAWEI mobile broadband sister 4G+ http://www.three.co.uk/discover/devices/huawei/4g-plus-mifi?memory=0&colour=Black )

Then Three rebranded the ZTE 4G+ Hub to the 4G Hub prior to launch (The + was meant to refer to 4x4 mimo, perhaps they backtracked on that as the HUAWEI 4G+ wasn’t 4x4 mimo ??)

I thought you were comparing the ZTE branded (old Cat 6) to the current 3 branded D Cat 12 version.

I do wish people at Three head office would do their job properly. India were telling customers the B535 was 4x4 mimo and the telephone port worked, same as their website. Neither were true.
They told their public relations company the same about the ZTE being the 4G+ thanks to its 4x4 mimo to differentiate it from the B535, I laughed at the woman and said: well the HUAWEI mobile MiFI is 4G+ and it hasn’t 4x4 mimo, it’s all rather confusing isn’t it.
I think I was actually removed from the mailing list after it all checked out - which makes NO sense! But that’s Three UK head office isn’t it.

Anyway apologies as I said I thought you meant the premium ZTE over the ironically higher priced poorer Serco/mm (I mean in the U.K. using anything starting Serco isn’t going to instill consumer confidence, but as I said^ thats just typical of the Three HO staff)

Sponsored Links
So i received the 4g plus hub yesterday and i must say, this thing is ugly. Put it in the same spot as my b535 and no signal. I checked the router settings (very basic by the way, as i thought it would be) and couldn't understand why i wasn't receiving a signal.. until i put the bunny ears on. I don't think this thing has an internal antenna? Unless my unit is faulty. These look like the antenna i got in the box but in white. I have line of site to my mast and get a very good signal with my b535 until congestion kicks in at 7pm onward. I was getting an alright connection but not compared to the b535. When running speed tests on various sites, i was getting very erratic results. Speeds jumping all over place during the speed tests. I'd say that was normal but it usually isn't so severe as i was seeing.

Model number on the router - lte2122gr
Some info on the outer box. Fibocom-NL952

I do plan to send this back so if anyone has any questions about the device or UI, ask away.

So i received the 4g plus hub yesterday and i must say, this thing is ugly. Put it in the same spot as my b535 and no signal. I checked the router settings (very basic by the way, as i thought it would be) and couldn't understand why i wasn't receiving a signal.. until i put the bunny ears on. I don't think this thing has an internal antenna? Unless my unit is faulty. These look like the antenna i got in the box but in white. I have line of site to my mast and get a very good signal with my b535 until congestion kicks in at 7pm onward. I was getting an alright connection but not compared to the b535. When running speed tests on various sites, i was getting very erratic results. Speeds jumping all over place during the speed tests. I'd say that was normal but it usually isn't so severe as i was seeing.

Model number on the router - lte2122gr
Some info on the outer box. Fibocom-NL952

I do plan to send this back so if anyone has any questions about the device or UI, ask away.
Thanks for sharing Adam2173, good to see the actual specs of the device.

I'm wondering why three have it on their website as a Sercomm. :unsure:

Will be handy for those wondering what it's all about. (y)

Going by your reports, it doesn't look like something to get too excited about.

Thanks for sharing Adam2173, good to see the actual specs of the device.

I'm wondering why three have it on their website as a Sercomm. :unsure:

Will be handy for those wondering what it's all about. (y)

Going by your reports, it doesn't look like something to get too excited about.
No bother! If you type the model number in google only 1 result pops up, a pdf wifi certificate. I'm new here so unsure if i can link to pdfs that auto download to peoples devices. Anyway, the company listed on the pdf is Sercomm Corporation. Why Three chose to use their company name for their website is a head scratcher

Also, the data sheet of the Fibocom NL952

As it also supports LTE Band 42, it must be a Cat 16/20 device. Hence 4G Plus. Has anyone tried the mobile App? The signal performance feature looks nice.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules