Sponsored Links

Three 5G hub (Huawei H112-370) and Port Forwarding?

tampano

I just started using Three 5G days ago. Everything seems fine with speed and coverage of wifi around the house.

I'm just getting mad trying to understand if the router REALLY supports port forwarding of if it is ThreeUK that is blocking it somehow.

I'm trying with a very simple setup...my local machine with a web server (so Port 80, easy peasy).

I added it to the "virtual servers" list, port 80 and the IP of my machine, tried to reach it from outside via direct IP address: no results

I also tried to add my local machine to the DMZ (doesn't make sense though): same no result

Tried to chat to ThreeUK and they say the hub DOES support port forwarding but they don't give tech support on it. Interesting and useless answer.

Any idea?

Btw...also DynDns seems not to update my IP address to the hostname.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
When you say Three 5G, is that Three UK (mobile), or Three Broadband (ex UK Broadband Ltd brand called Relish, but currently just renamed to Three Broadband)?

If its Three Broadband, I'm not sure what APN's they use, or if their APN gives you a public external IP (if it doesn't, then it's CGNAT, as mentioned above). What are the first 2 octets of the IP?

If its Three UK (mobile) then switching to the 3internet APN (or setting that up) should give you a public external IP that can be port forwarded easily.

I'm talking about Three Broadband. My IP is on 46.237.xxx.xxx

It's really annoying. Not vital but definitely upsetting also for Three's approach to customer service. Why enabling DMZ, DynDNS and Virtual Servers (port forwarding) if the whole thing is not publicly visible?

I didn't think before to do it, but pinging my IP address gives no response....and this I think confirms your CGNAT theory. I didn't know about CGNAT...and now I have few days to decide if to keep the service or not.

Any known workarounds? Thanks.

Wait for IPv6 - then not only will your router likely have its own public IP but each individual device on your network

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If dealing with cgnat then your best option is to get an l2tp vpn from aaisp as suggested above, that will give you an IP that is public and will also likely work with Netflix etc.

I can vouch for the AAISP L2TP service - I've been using it for a couple of years. Not only does it give you static public IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, it means you can change between ISPs or mobile providers as you wish without your IP address changing (good for failover solutions).

I just started using Three 5G days ago. Everything seems fine with speed and coverage of wifi around the house.

I'm just getting mad trying to understand if the router REALLY supports port forwarding of if it is ThreeUK that is blocking it somehow.

I'm trying with a very simple setup...my local machine with a web server (so Port 80, easy peasy).

I added it to the "virtual servers" list, port 80 and the IP of my machine, tried to reach it from outside via direct IP address: no results

I also tried to add my local machine to the DMZ (doesn't make sense though): same no result

Tried to chat to ThreeUK and they say the hub DOES support port forwarding but they don't give tech support on it. Interesting and useless answer.

Any idea?

Btw...also DynDns seems not to update my IP address to the hostname.

Thanks.
Simplest answer is to use Opera with its built in VPN to test what other people see. Three seems to block any kind of loopback to the originating IP but the VPN confuses it.

I too use a local server but I also have a setup so that whenever I start my laptop it checks I'm at home then calls a php web page to update a link to my current home IP.
It was so much simpler with previous providers where the broadband router or my raspberry pi server would update a free dynamic dns address

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules