Sponsored Links

Three 5G Phase 8 Monopole

voltized

Casual Member
Recently Three have installed a brand new 5G Phase 8 monopole metres away from my house. It’s been standing there since November but to this day it still hasn’t been “activated”.

Another site in the local area was built after this site and is already enabled, however this site is too far from me to receive reliable signal (1-2 bars indoor), but it is quite close to the new site where I receive 3-4 bars of 5G signal

They have visited the tower multiple times (around 5-6 times, not including the actual installation of the cabinets and tower) as I’ve been tracking it via one.network and can see the works from right outside my window but despite all these visits they’ve made, it still isn’t on. One of the visits was by UK power networks in January and the most recent was by Three themselves from 9-12th Feb, which I was hoping was the final step but it turned out to not be.

It’s worth noting that another visit at the site mentioned above which is already turned on (the further site) is due by the end of February. Maybe they need to visit that site and change some things before the site closer to me can be enabled?

Does anyone have an insight as to why this is taking so long and/or where I can find more information on it? I am eager to switch my broadband before my Virgin contract expires and their 5G home broadband is looking like a real option

Thanks a lot

Power and Backhaul are usually among the last links to be connected before testing, then live. So it'll probably be one of those two, but no mobile operator has ever been particularly transparent with the engineering detail of what they're doing at any given time. However, it's not unusual for new mast sites to take a few months before being fully commissioned.

EE-3 installed a new site (replacing a old 3/4G monopole) close to me in July 2020, its still not active.
I've finally bitten the bullet and left EE, been with them since T-Mobile in 2010, frustrated with poor in home coverage and no seeming completion of this site (only 2 of the 6 cabs installed). VM/O2 deals too good to refuse, and with any change to the EE contract (including adding 5G to SIM only) triggering EU roaming charges (we travel several times a year) meant we were crazy not to change.
EE customer services had no information regarding the commissioning, seen several visits by CityFibre VirginMedia to dig ducts, another visit by CityFibre planned next week too, but they are rolling out here ay the same time.
All I wanted to know was when they will complete the commissioning, it cant be cost effectoive having the kit there for nearly 2 years doing nothing! Perhaps waiting for new kit to replace proposed Huawei stuff?

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules