Sponsored Links

Three branded Huawei CPE Pro 2 and bridge mode?

rob77

Casual Member
Hi guys

Currently I have a zyxel NR5101 which isn't performing as it should. I'd like to try the CPE Pro 2 next but need bridge mode. I have read this is disabled on the ISP branded ones and just wondered if it might have been enabled on newer firmware?

Otherwise I'm going to buy an unbranded one, there is just not as many out there.

Cheers

Rob

Hi guys

Currently I have a zyxel NR5101 which isn't performing as it should. I'd like to try the CPE Pro 2 next but need bridge mode. I have read this is disabled on the ISP branded ones and just wondered if it might have been enabled on newer firmware?

Otherwise I'm going to buy an unbranded one, there is just not as many out there.

Cheers

Rob
@TheWeeBear I believe has it on his if I am recalling correctly.

Sponsored Links
You're welcome rob77, best of luck. (y)

Thanks weebear

Looks like I'll have to get an unlocked one.

Cheers

i'm in the same boat (sort of)
i see a lot of cpe pro 2's on ebay from 3, £250-£300 range.

i'm thinking of getting one and then get an unlock code for £19.99
i kinda think that that's unlocking all it's functions.

but then again, i believe i've read somewhere that when unlocking an locked one, you might not get all the perks that an unlocked comes with.

i hope someone done it and let us all know if all went well

thanks

Sponsored Links
i'm in the same boat (sort of)
i see a lot of cpe pro 2's on ebay from 3, £250-£300 range.

i'm thinking of getting one and then get an unlock code for £19.99
i kinda think that that's unlocking all it's functions.

but then again, i believe i've read somewhere that when unlocking an locked one, you might not get all the perks that an unlocked comes with.

i hope someone done it and let us all know if all went well

thanks
You can unlock the cpe pro 2 but I believe the firmware from the ISP remains so the settings are limited. I've bought an unlocked unbranded one today and should be here in a few days :)

You can unlock the cpe pro 2 but I believe the firmware from the ISP remains so the settings are limited.
Correct, unlocking only allows other providers sims to connect, it does not add features that the first provider had taken out of the firmware.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Is there a way to flash the unlocked firmware without bricking the device?
I have loaded new firmware onto a B525. Very similar to loading a rom to an android phone. I have to download the firmware, the loading program and the Huawei drivers to a PC, open up the 525 and short 2 wires while it booted up, wait for the right leds to light up and then connect it to a USB port on the PC. I then used the loading program to upload the firmware. Never looked for the CPE procedure, it may not exist and firmware is hard to find.

Well well. Who isn't:)

Anyone k ow how to copy from an unlocked device?
Is it just an eprom removal surgery and then cloning it to all those THREE devices out there?

Yes. Count me in. I have no idea how to do it but I really want to flash it to get bridge mode.

The device is bricked to using just Three, many settings are disabled (even network mode selection)
When i tried out the Three 5g router i was unable to change mode selection like you said. I was also unable to change band selection, CA using huactrl or LTE H monitor, reason i sent it back. Have you tried manually changing bands with your CPE Pro 1? And if so, does it work? I am moving in a few months to a Three 5g area but would like the option of changing LTE bands in the meantime

Sponsored Links
I saw your other thread regarding getting a CPE Pro 2, I can confirm I've not longed order and now in process of returning...

The device is bricked to using just Three, many settings are disabled (even network mode selection)

No bridge mode and despite efforts of Three's backend and complaints team getting an unlock code has failed 4 times now.

So sticking with the CPE Pro 1 is probably best bet over the upgrade and new contract.

Three have been a little confusing over device ownership, as terms state return or pay a fee (£105) and Three's complaints team told me that the policy is an old one and no longer enforced.
ThreeBroadband.co.uk terms, it isn’t £105 it’s a late return fee and a non return charge for the full cost, £455 all in, Three care Tech Mahindra India have no idea what they are taking about as per 2003 to date.

Three early terminated Capita UK contract & some ThreeBroadband (U.K. Broadband) to Tech Mahindra India who are as hopeless as ever

“Solution Snapshot

Organization: Three UK

Operational challenge: In striving to ***become the most loved brand in the United Kingdom***, the company needed to ***outperform the competition by establishing successful customer relationships***

***Solution: Customer journey outsourcing***

Project duration: Ongoing

***Benefits: Improvement in customer experience***, technology shift to a digital platform, and increased sales”

Yes, outsourcing and losing control always provides the best ‘customer experience’ hahaha. Comedy GOLD.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules