Sponsored Links

Three Huawei CPE Pro 5G router does not function properly with Three SIM card (UK)

No idea, Im still getting about 300 down and 30 up so not sure if there are any downsides but seems a lot better than not even being able to use Netflix.
If it works, don't fix it :)

think i might of just fixed this issue as ive purchased the same router from three. i have gone onto the EE forums and used advice given on there and changed the APN: Name - 3internet APN - everywhere Username: 3secure Password - secure this has worked for me and i was having issues with youtube, facebook, firestick, alexa, most google search were timing out before loading. give it a shot.
You are a life saver! My girlfriend was going crazy at me as she couldn't watch Netflix or YouTube. Can't wait for the call back from Three saying they've still no idea what's wrong and I'll just direct them here

Thanks to the advice in this thread I fixed my problem. Switching to the 3internet APN with a £12 Three sim is giving me superfast and reliable 5g without the dropouts I was previously experiencing so thank you!
Two things - is this change necessary to get a regular sim (rather than Three's bespoke internet only sim) to work on the network?
Secondly, I was using a Streamlocator hub to access geo-restricted streaming content. This and other DNS solutions won't work without a fixed ip address which you do not get with Three's mobile service. Not a big problem as I have reverted to using VPNs

think i might of just fixed this issue as ive purchased the same router from three. i have gone onto the EE forums and used advice given on there and changed the APN: Name - 3internet APN - everywhere Username: 3secure Password - secure this has worked for me and i was having issues with youtube, facebook, firestick, alexa, most google search were timing out before loading. give it a shot.
Thank you. We had the same issue, we were sent a new router to no avail. This solved the problem. I'm on an internet only contract. Incredible how three haven't fixed this.

Hi, all as to 3 if you do a speed test on google with a laptop you get up speed and down speed ok.
but with android phones or mag box and all android you only get good download speed you are not getting up-load at all and this is where we all are having the problems I have two HUAWEI wifi routes one on 3 one on EE,
the EE box working up and down at good speeds on android but 3 router NO up load on android I have swooped the cards and it is the 3 network that is not working the router box is OK

think i might of just fixed this issue as ive purchased the same router from three. i have gone onto the EE forums and used advice given on there and changed the APN: Name - 3internet APN - everywhere Username: 3secure Password - secure this has worked for me and i was having issues with youtube, facebook, firestick, alexa, most google search were timing out before loading.

Please help. I dont have the option to add/edit APN. Any idea how I can get this. I purchased my router from 3, some people have said the firmware blocks APN settings

Hi, all as to 3 if you do a speed test on google with a laptop you get up speed and down speed ok.
but with android phones or mag box and all android you only get good download speed you are not getting up-load at all and this is where we all are having the problems I have two HUAWEI wifi routes one on 3 one on EE,
the EE box working up and down good speeds on android but 3 router NO up load on android I have swooped the cards and it is the 3 network that is not working the router box is OK
quick note..... don't use Google speedtest. use speedtest.net and failing that, fast.com. Google speedtest is incredibly out, it reports my 3 5G as 30mbps down whereas a speedtest.net test in the same place immediately after shows 690mbps

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules