Sponsored Links

Three Huawei CPE Pro 5G router does not function properly with Three SIM card (UK)

My Three (other than dropping 5g occasionally) works well if I use it as a router only, disable wifi and use Deco M9/M5's? Not sure if you've tried something similar?

Funnily enough I also have Deco M9's but it does not work with those either. One thing that confused me is that wired connections work but connecting an AP to the router and connecting to that doesn't work. I've contacted Three again and they said they are still investigating but one thing they said that made me think there is an issue with connectivity is that they thought the router was switched off because it wasn't connected to their network, but it was on and was connected to 5G

I have two contracts with three, a mbb sim and a sim only contract.

I have exactly the same issues as you if i put my phone sim in the 5g router. It slows down to 2mbps with 0 upload.

otherwise im getting up to 1.2gbps.

I guess this is a final update from me. As I said, Three released me from my contract as a result of not being able to use Android phones with the 5G broadband. Unfortunately I of course had to return the router to them. I then went back to using my trusty old Huawei 4G e5573 router, which provides more modest speeds of around 40 Mbps but still more than good enough for domestic use, and it works with Android phones! I then bought a secondhand Huawei AI Cube on eBay, and while I wasn't sure what to expect the build quality is at least on a par with the CPE Pro 5G, probably better, and I am consistently getting speeds of 40 to 90 Mbps, usually towards the higher end. For £40 plus a £16 a month unlimited data SIM from Smarty, I'm very happy and I'm not missing the 5G router anymore.

Hi all, quick update from me. Three called today to say that its not an issue they are going to be able to fix at this time so they've cancelled the contract. They tried blaming it on a "signal issue caused by factors out of their control" but as it works fine on a cabled connection, just not WiFi, I don't think I believe them! Ah well, I guess I'll just have to stick with fibre for another 24 months

You know the symptoms do match the issues some people experience using Three's crappy DNS. How did you change the DNS used when you tested it?

Not sure why it hits some people but not others. Had a particularly annoying person who was confident the device was causing the issue she was experiencing, even though all her issues went once she was walked through how to change the DNS settings on her laptop to something else.

It's probably for the best that you get rid of it though. I don't have 5G in my area so don't need one, but the last thing I would want is one of Three's 5G CPE Pro's. Their firmware is so deprived that I'd want to leave the poor thing some food and a present each evening to show it some love.

Sponsored Links
I have two contracts with three, a mbb sim and a sim only contract.

I have exactly the same issues as you if i put my phone sim in the 5g router. It slows down to 2mbps with 0 upload.

otherwise im getting up to 1.2gbps.
Pesky band 20 no doubt.

Pesky band 20 no doubt.
What issue do you have with B20? It's nothing to do with that btw its a wifi issue, i've experienced it myself

What issue do you have with B20? It's nothing to do with that btw its a wifi issue, i've experienced it myself
No OP said putting their phone sim in 5G router caused 2 meg 0 up, sounds like a choosing band 20 issue, accounts/sims can still have pre Net Neutrality programming active on the plans. Now they can’t do that (in theory), but plans especially grandfathered plans can have it still active.

All depends how it was set up at telco at account sim level, as I’ve said various other places on here my EE sim doesn’t give me fastest bands or speed access unless I pay EE £2 more to ‘go faster’ add-on. The T-Mobile Web n Walk hang over .

Thanks for the suggestion. This didn't work but at least I can add it to the list of things I've checked! It's just so bizarre that putting an ID mobile SIM in (that uses the Three signal) causes all the problems to go away, which is why I'm very doubtful that it's a hardware issue.
Maybe your account is screwed up, did you tell Three India the ID Mobile sim works fine, India level tech 2 (lol, just LOL) would need to actually email the U.K. and explain the issue seems to be account related as replacement sim same issue, they should be able to send that email also with your ID number and SIM card number (given it’s Three reseller) that may help a actual tech boffin in the U.K. figure the issue out.

Sounds like your account needs a root and refresh, that’s way past a third party ‘care‘ contractor in India, level 2 will need to escalate a investigation.

Sponsored Links
No OP said putting their phone sim in 5G router caused 2 meg 0 up, sounds like a choosing band 20 issue, accounts/sims can still have pre Net Neutrality programming active on the plans. Now they can’t do that (in theory), but plans especially grandfathered plans can have it still active.

All depends how it was set up at telco at account sim level, as I’ve said various other places on here my EE sim doesn’t give me fastest bands or speed access unless I pay EE £2 more to ‘go faster’ add-on. The T-Mobile Web n Walk hang over .
Yes but it's a Three sim so what does T-Mobile Walk N Web have to do with it? I know its a Huawei WiFi issue as we've seen this issue many times on this forum but i've been through the exact same thing. I ordered a 5G Hub from three on a BRAND NEW sim plan. I got it set up and was getting 400Mbps. One update later overnight and it slowed to a complete stop. It has NOTHING to do with band 20 as i turned it off via LteHmonitor. Respect your elders, Regular member.

I had the same issue.

Ordered 5G from Three with a new number.

Got speeds ~550 down and ~70 up on Windows with a wired connection. Good speed over wifi too.

Android and Linux (wired and wifi) devices download was similar but upload either zero or 0.01. Gmail, amazon, ebay, ... didn't load when logged in, but only when in an incognito, and then would stop loading when logged in again. I guess the request size increase (cookies maybe) affected it somehow. Google calendar loaded fine when logged in though.

Windows and Linux both were on 100% the same hardware.

Changed APN to ipv4 only, tried different dns settings, played with mtu sizes, nothing helped.

Three support were useless, didn't want to escalate because "network in your area isn't great", even though I was getting great speeds on Windows. Cancelled within the 14 days period.

I have a Huawei Cpe Pro 2 and I want to get three £16 unlimited data sim.

Do the above problems affect the Pro 2? Have these problems ever been resolved?

I have a Huawei Cpe Pro 2 and I want to get three £16 unlimited data sim.

Do the above problems affect the Pro 2? Have these problems ever been resolved?
its not the sim its the device.

Pro 1 or Pro 2? I currently use my Pro 2 on EE 5G and I plug it into an Orbi and I turn the wifi off on the Pro 2.
no sorry i meant the three firmware. if you purchase one from three it will have three firmware. you will have no issues as you are now,

Was the three firmware version mentioned on here? Mine is 11.0.2.11(H329SP1C233). I bought an unlocked one but not from three. I am wondering if I should turn off the auto firmware update if I use a three sim?

Was the three firmware version mentioned on here? Mine is 11.0.2.11(H329SP1C233). I bought an unlocked one but not from three. I am wondering if I should turn off the auto firmware update if I use a three sim?
it wont update to three firmware, its literally just an unlocked router and a sim, you wont have any issues mentioned before as these were ones purchased direct from three themselves

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules