Sponsored Links

Three Mobile Rollout of 5g mis-selling?

philmossuk

Casual Member
Last autumn I bought two Unlimited Data sims, based mainly on Three's promise of no additional costs for 5g, & 5g rollout to my town (Rotherham) by the end 2019. It didn't happen.

Then at beginning of 2020 they announce a rollout in February 2020, with 65 towns getting 5G on day one. This time Rotherham is missing from the target list.

My first thoughts are whether I can get a refund from them because of their misinformation & mis-selling driving my decision to buy the sims?

Secondly, and perhaps a much bigger issue is the lack of clarity as to where they have got to in the rollout nationally, given that I can't find an information service to tell me. If you know of one please tell me.

The list of 65 towns can be found at https://5g.co.uk/coverage/three/

My point is 3 Mobile may have been involved in mis-selling, and yet looking at the major user group blog sites (such as this) I can't find the user complaints I'd expect from frustrated 3 Users.

Can members advise either where they are getting 5g from Three (excluding London) or where its been promised by Feb 2020 yett still not implemented?

ps Ironically the 3 rollout map doesn't show 5g in Sheffield but it does for a small area of Rotherham..I've walked around that are and undertaken several tests...it isn't there:)

pps Lockdown in the UK wasn't announce until March 23rd, so no excuse there.

Best of luck getting anywhere with them. Numerous customers on this forum (including myself) have raised written complaints. Three just throw them in the bin and refuse to even accept them.

Approaching OFCOM about it proves pointless because they just say they won't get involved until a complaint has been closed or an agreed solution reached. Three won't issue a deadlock letter because that'll enable OFCOM to investigate a complaint. Its a great cop out for them to just refute any complaints in the first place knowing by doing so OFCOM won't go after them.

Three knows that by behaving in this way they're unhappy customers are locked into existing contracts with no recourse of address.

And they indeed are.

Sponsored Links
I can confirm that Crawley where i live has got 5G. I have tested this and had 600 MBPS down on a Note 10+ 5G.

However a bit of clarity is needed.

5G is in its infancy with 3 and coverage is VERY Limited. Only 2 masts in Crawley have it switched on.

Sure it doesnt help with you not having it in Rotherham however it is unlikely you will get out of your contact as they can still provide a 4G service (Just about reliable LOL)

Threes 5G setup is as follows;

Mobile - Limited 5G Coverage only in 65 areas.
Mobile Broadband - No 5G Coverage at all on Three's Main Brand.
Three Broadband (Ex-Relish) - 5G is available but only in London Currently and is used on the 3400 Mhz spectrum if memory serves me correctly. (Could be wrong on Frequency so dont hold me to it XD)

However - You maybe able to get 5G broadband by buying a CPE Pro from somewhere unlocked and using your Three Mobile Service to access it. But thats not guaranteed.

Sponsored Links
EBay... Etc

Router-switch.com as well... I've ordered from them and imported before etc

I think the OP may have a hard time getting a refund based on a lack of tentatively promised network coverage. No operator can click their fingers and do 100% of every location, it takes years to roll-out a new network and mobile coverage is always highly variable even once they do.

So you brought two unlimited data SIMS that did as advertised at the time - deliver unlimited data via 4G, with the possibility to use 5G at some point in the future.

Sponsored Links
Go back and look at the advertising in autumn 2019 & Jan 2020...they were not saying "might", they were definitively saying "would" be in place. Small print can't get them round the legal issues if it is such a big promotion. Look at the history of mis selling cases in finance & inevitably they revolve around something being promised then not being delivered...I think its become a bad habit among tech advocates to expect lower standards than in other consumer areas. I repeat google & look at the Three Mobile promotions. Shouldn't you be promoting consumer right?

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules