Sponsored

Three Network 4G running at 1995 dial up speeds 10KBPS

liveswired

Casual Member
Hi folks,

Making a complaint tomorrow, want to know if anyone else has been suffering with this incapable network?

My 4G speeds have collapsed with Three this past month. I've went from 50 - 80mbps, during the peak of COVID sat around 25mbps which was perfectly fine but now I'm down to 10kbps the past week.

Full 4G signal, rural area, with very few living in the vicinity of my nearest mast so the mast is definitely not overloaded. switching to 3G is even worse lol.

I've just about had enough with this company.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Excuse the late reply (you probably should have put this in the mobile broadband section). Diagnosing these things can be very tricky but the speed drop to 10kbps sounds like a fault to me or they're running maintenance/upgrades at the same time. This will be location specific so feedback from others in different parts of the UK may not be reflective.

Buggerlugz

Top Member
I'd agree its probably a mast antenna fault. Put the router sim in your phone, and try a speed test on 4g, if its the same, its not your router at fault.

liveswired

Casual Member
Excuse the late reply (you probably should have put this in the mobile broadband section). Diagnosing these things can be very tricky but the speed drop to 10kbps sounds like a fault to me or they're running maintenance/upgrades at the same time. This will be location specific so feedback from others in different parts of the UK may not be reflective.
Thanks for the reply Mark - I suspect their Traffic Management as opposed to anything else, same sneaky tactics they were using to block all Xbox One users downloading a while back - the speed automatically jumps at 2am every morning.

Buggerlugz

Top Member
You can prove its traffic management by trying a VPN, which would negate its effect. You can't use a VPN to get around contention issues though.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2717)
  2. FTTP (2603)
  3. FTTC (1756)
  4. Building Digital UK (1701)
  5. Politics (1605)
  6. Openreach (1565)
  7. Business (1389)
  8. FTTH (1310)
  9. Statistics (1207)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1177)
  11. Fibre Optic (1044)
  12. 4G (1013)
  13. Wireless Internet (997)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (993)
  15. Virgin Media (977)
  16. EE (671)
  17. Sky Broadband (655)
  18. TalkTalk (644)
  19. Vodafone (641)
  20. 5G (472)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules