Sponsored Links

Three Network 4G running at 1995 dial up speeds 10KBPS

liveswired

Casual Member
Hi folks,

Making a complaint tomorrow, want to know if anyone else has been suffering with this incapable network?

My 4G speeds have collapsed with Three this past month. I've went from 50 - 80mbps, during the peak of COVID sat around 25mbps which was perfectly fine but now I'm down to 10kbps the past week.

Full 4G signal, rural area, with very few living in the vicinity of my nearest mast so the mast is definitely not overloaded. switching to 3G is even worse lol.

I've just about had enough with this company.

Excuse the late reply (you probably should have put this in the mobile broadband section). Diagnosing these things can be very tricky but the speed drop to 10kbps sounds like a fault to me or they're running maintenance/upgrades at the same time. This will be location specific so feedback from others in different parts of the UK may not be reflective.

I'd agree its probably a mast antenna fault. Put the router sim in your phone, and try a speed test on 4g, if its the same, its not your router at fault.

Sponsored Links
Excuse the late reply (you probably should have put this in the mobile broadband section). Diagnosing these things can be very tricky but the speed drop to 10kbps sounds like a fault to me or they're running maintenance/upgrades at the same time. This will be location specific so feedback from others in different parts of the UK may not be reflective.

Thanks for the reply Mark - I suspect their Traffic Management as opposed to anything else, same sneaky tactics they were using to block all Xbox One users downloading a while back - the speed automatically jumps at 2am every morning.

You can prove its traffic management by trying a VPN, which would negate its effect. You can't use a VPN to get around contention issues though.

Hi folks,

Making a complaint tomorrow, want to know if anyone else has been suffering with this incapable network?

My 4G speeds have collapsed with Three this past month. I've went from 50 - 80mbps, during the peak of COVID sat around 25mbps which was perfectly fine but now I'm down to 10kbps the past week.

Full 4G signal, rural area, with very few living in the vicinity of my nearest mast so the mast is definitely not overloaded. switching to 3G is even worse lol.

I've just about had enough with this company.

In 2015 when I first moved into student halls before term (so didn't have a university account, not knowing I could have just used the gigabit ethernet in my room which wasn't authenticated) I used my Three 'Unlimited' 4G on my phone as a personal hotspot.

After a certain amount of time it definitely does get throttled to like dial-up speeds and then suddenly springs back to life at a certain time.

You might be getting hit by traffic management?

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules