Sponsored Links

Three network 5G home broadband 160mhz bandwidth

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Hi guys I was supprised to know my area has 5G London E3 Roman road area

The coverage checker is only a guide my area the coverage checker says 5G not available yet. you might get 5G like I am as Three are testing 5G all over the country.

I know its not the full wack 5G speeds Three only deployed full speeds to certain parts of the country at the moment I'm getting only 100mbps to 250mbps speeds.

I'm happy with the speeds I know they will improve I'm paying £25 per month unlimited why £25 cause I'm a long time customer who was with Relish then Three network UK brought Relish from UK broadband called it Three broadband people got confused having two diffrent entities now its just Three network UK.

The coverage checker is only a guide my area the coverage checker says 5G not available yet. you might get 5G like I am as Three are testing 5G all over the country.

Three network 5G broadband is available in many areas of London then Three network decided to remove 5G broadband from some locations to make the connection stable for existing customers so they don't sign up new customers even tho 5G broadband is available in them areas where they removed it on there Three Broadband section of the website when you enter your postcode.

I know its not the full wack 5G speeds Three only deployed 1gb speeds to certain parts of the country at the moment.

I want to know if anyone knows I have 5G broadband router is Huawei cpe pro I'm getting speeds over 100mbps in in East London area which I live I'm only getting 80mhz of bandwidth I tryed changing it from auto to 160mhz of bandwith still no luck only getting 80mhz of bandwidth I did briefly get 160mhz of bandwidth when I moved the router then moved it back where it was and rebooted to see if I get 160mhz nope it went back to 80mhz I'm using WiFi channel 44 as Amazon firestick 2nd gen does not find 5ghz WiFi without being in channels 36 to 48

Last edited:
Three doesn't have 160MHz of spectrum frequency for use in 5G, but they can field a large 100MHz contiguous block out of around 140MHz total across multiple different 5G friendly bands. The question is what bands are they using in your area, but your speeds are about what we'd expect for this stage of the 5G rollout so you're probably already maxing it.

Three doesn't have 160MHz of spectrum frequency for use in 5G, but they can field a large 100MHz contiguous block out of around 140MHz total across multiple different 5G friendly bands. The question is what bands are they using in your area, but your speeds are about what we'd expect for this stage of the 5G rollout so you're probably already maxing it.
Mark - I think he is asking about 160MHz channels on 5GHz wifi?

Sponsored Links
I'm talking about this
Screenshot_20201029_121315_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Yup, that's 160MHz of WiFi.

I'm pretty sure Channel 44 is one of the poorer ones because of it overlapping with other bands. 36, 52 are nice ones as long as other people aren't using them nearby. Generally give better speeds.

Ah ok, so next time please say 5GHz instead of 5G as there's a pretty big difference between those two :) .

I found out channels 36 to 48 does not support 160mhz that means firestick 2nd gen I have does not support other wifi channels other then 36 to 48.
channels 36 to 48 only supports 80mhz or below Im stuck with using 80mhz of bandwidth on the 5ghz WiFi another thing I found if I set the WiFi bandwith to auto it should select the highest one that the device can support which is 160mhz automatically and firestick connects to 80mhz WiFi it doesn't only WiFi changes from 2.4ghz if I'm far and 5ghz if I'm near.

Sponsored Links
Most Amazon devices, including the tablets and streaming devices, have bizarre WiFi quirks.

They’re very peculiar in what they’re willing to connect to - I have mine set to 2.4GHz WiFi just to avoid the issues. They only connect to 5GHz low channels and even then it can be picky and disconnect at times.

What you’re experiencing is not really anything to do with the router.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules