Sponsored Links

Three network 5G roll out making gains

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Three network pushing hard now especially in London to roll out 5G in more places

The third application you see they had there 5G application rejected same place and reapplied in the same place follwing from what the council told then they have adjusted the plans.

Its good to find them info not all councils do show everything im in Tower Hamlets.

Let me know if you found planning application summited by Three netwotk in your area will get a good picture of how fast there roll out is going

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422_201932.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422_201932.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 414
Planning permission for the upgrade of my mast (muswell hill) was given in July last year and no upgrade yet, they are doing it with EE.

Sponsored Links
Yes Three certainly getting busy putting up new masts.... though they are getting a lot of applications refused here in Birmingham...

Shame about the refused sites as they are well needed in some of the areas declined... but sure they'll get them eventually
They will keep pushing problem I see is that most 02, EE, Vodafone and Three network planning applications get rejected when they want to put up a street pole / monopole rather then a rooftop mast.
What website / URL is that screenshot from? I would be interested to monitor.
Its my local council website https://development.towerhamlets.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

Yeah, they had one application turned down right near me here in Enfield :(

Sponsored Links
I think Three should spend more time updating the mast's they already have, rather than pretend they're part of some massive 5G rollout when its obvious that's not the case at all.
True we know Three network 4G is the wost of all networks.

Seems like there more interested in rolling out 5G rather then also improving 4G Three network think people will get 5G smartphone because slowly becoming widely available and mid range to high end smartphones having 5G they think people will rely on 5G and forget about 4G more like a decade to me.

They aren't the worst in all areas for everyone, in fact they work the best out of all of them up here for speed. Now they've added 5G though none of the others can beat them for speed.

Could it be access issues on MBNL/EE mast's by any chance? When I tried an EE sim in my B535 (on the same mast) I got the same contention issues and similar speeds, so could it be a case that if one carrier decides to upgrade their kit they have to inform the other? Or they become aware that at that location the other sharing network will end up with fast speeds and don't like it, or is part of MBNL that both carriers upgrade a site together?

Like the new avatar JP!

Sponsored Links
Not really, 5G don't work without 4G, both get upgraded together on new installations,

But I think there is reason to believe that upgrading masts is trickier than just installing new sites, there is many factors just under managing a mast that concerns me currently....

There is a rift going on with mast sharing, and its clear to me Three are having more luck rolling out 'on their own' rather than working with MBNL/EE......

There is certainly a change in the wind with regards to EE/3 masts in Birmingham with every new monopole going up only hosting one network (Three), makes me think issues with MBNL managing things.
Why is Three 4G very bad as there is 5G in my area Im thinking the 4G we are connected to in the area is nearer that means the 5G mast that is using 4G to provide fast speeds we cant connect to that updraded 4G mast.

I even did a test with p40 lite I went near a Three network 5G mast thinking that if Three have 5G in the area surely 4G is upgraded so i should get good speeds i dont.

Three 4G+ only gives 20mbps on the p40 lite like I said before Three network is very bad in where i live East london post codes that are very bad E1, E2, E3, E9 im in E3.

This explains 5G fully
http://www.emfexplained.info/?ID=25916

If a 4G+ mast on 2 bands is only able to be kicking out 20Mbps to its 4G customers, its shouldn't having anything to do with 5G IMHO.

It says
When a 5G connection is established, the User Equipment (or device) will connect to both the 4G network to provide the control signalling and to the 5G network to help provide the fast data connection by adding to the existing 4G capacity.
Where there is limited 5G coverage, the data is carried on the 4G network providing the continuous connection. Essentially with this design, the 5G network is complementing the existing 4G network

Now I understand 4G provides control signalling to 5G doesnt mean 4G capacity and speeds are upgraded only only the signalling.

It says
When a 5G connection is established, the User Equipment (or device) will connect to both the 4G network to provide the control signalling and to the 5G network to help provide the fast data connection by adding to the existing 4G capacity.
Where there is limited 5G coverage, the data is carried on the 4G network providing the continuous connection. Essentially with this design, the 5G network is complementing the existing 4G network
No thats only in some places. Most places have MaMIMO antennas which use Beamforming to project the signal to you. 4G is used as an anchor and, in the UK, for uplink. It doesnt complement it strictly speaking, it works along side it.

Sponsored Links
In other places, they use the same antennas as 4G. This is usually called 8T8R 5G not MaMIMO 5G. EE have shown they like to do this. It is slower though and three prefer MaMIMO as it is faster and more reliable

In other places, they use the same antennas as 4G. This is usually called 8T8R 5G not MaMIMO 5G. EE have shown they like to do this. It is slower though and three prefer MaMIMO as it is faster and more reliable
Is that the 5G ready component of some 4G Huawei routers then?

Is that the 5G ready component of some 4G Huawei routers then?
No, in the Huawei routers Huawei use their HiSilicon/Balong processors, each can handle what they were made for so 4G routers can only use the 4G side of things and 5G routers can access 5G.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5444)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2227)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1955)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1649)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules