Sponsored

Three network 5G roll out making gains

IgNG

Pro Member
btw they won't actually let you into the shop. There's a rope across the door way and they shout at you from a distance. Weird.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
btw they won't actually let you into the shop. There's a rope across the door way and they shout at you from a distance. Weird.
Yeah I've seen O2 doing that, didn't know three did that too though.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Generally any experience where the host is paid based on how they deal with you is going to be bad/biased/in-factual.

I've been in the position in the past where I've been asked to up sell items/services people wouldn't need based on personal gain... I've been in a position where up-selling a service as a resolution is expected also....

If there is one thing I can tell people shopping for services or devices, it is that this is something you should do online after much 'personal' research.

It's hard to say these shops should be shut down (jobs etc...) , but these shops should be shut down solely on the basis of them being designed to sell rather than support and as has been said, are they even doing a service by just opening the doors and restricting access....

Also, who remembers demo phones, it has been many years since I've gone into a store and seen actual operating devices that can be tried and tested.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
The one thing I do like about O2 is if your on pay as you go when you go into top up they check your phone to make sure it's in good working order and your SIM card is all ok etc. They are also aPpLe cErTiFiEd so apple can't shout at you if they repair your iPhone. They also do v good contract phones whereby once you have paid the RRP of the phone off they only make you pay airtime unlike the others.

Stageshoot

The upload is 4G.. which we all know it's scheisse..

Yeah its just annoying as at the other side of the house I have Direct Sight on a Three Tower which is only 4G but gives me a solid 25 to 30mbps upload all day.

Wish I could have the best of both worlds.. Asking too much ;-)

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Refused a second time in the same location.

Is not just cause networks cant use
Huawei seems like there is a high rate of refusal on installing 5G monopole.

Permission is mostly granted to roof top mast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516_132028.jpg
    Screenshot_20210516_132028.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 91

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Latest update I have from Customer service is that they said 5g is absolutely an amazing network to connect with and it works fast however due to pandemic the many of our upgrade has been slow down and our engineers working on it to cover 40% of our sites (which carry 80% of traffic) by the end of 2021.

How long can networks make excuses like that.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Latest update I have from Customer service is that they said 5g is absolutely an amazing network to connect with and it works fast however due to pandemic the many of our upgrade has been slow down and our engineers working on it to cover 40% of our sites (which carry 80% of traffic) by the end of 2021.

How long can networks make excuses like that.
Meanwhile up north (where I am) they are installing 5G monopoles every 5 minutes :D

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
I’m really hoping they do something about the 1 in that 40% of their mast upgrades is moved from covering fields to housing near me.

IgNG

Pro Member
Got a text from 3 saying they were working on their network near me, can't see any difference so far. :( Hoping for 5G but alas no.

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Another Three 5G monopole mast refused in my ends.

Three network are waiting to hear if the Proposed 5g upgrade to existing equipment rooftop mast at 159 Mile End Road, London, E1 4AQ gets the approval by the council.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210528_121635.jpg
    Screenshot_20210528_121635.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 32

MeanyBoy

Casual Member
We've just had a three 5G mast denied permission.

I don't get how if the technology has been given the all clear by government, experts etc then the local council can just ignore that and succombe to all the health scare mongering and deploy the "precautionary principle".

The NIMBY "thinking about my house price" brigade are more than happy promote this sort of thinking as well even if they don't actually believe it.

It always seems doing nothing is the preferable option. Wouldn't want to ruffle any feathers.

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
In my area (Enfield) I can see generally roof top stations are approved, whereas new masts are not.

It's probably to do with either the nimbys or people fearing it may affect their house price.

To be honest these masts look like hell and I think there would be more adoption if they came with better looking designs.

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
I was susposed to get Three 5G monopole installed near by street to where I live people conplained made a whatsapp group voiced there concerns even to the local councillor about the 5G monopole not to be installed then Three network just withdrew the planning application.

There are people still thinking it cases health problems and government have done there testing and also said nothing to worry about.

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
You're preaching to the choir brother ...

This is going to be a long battle.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
You're preaching to the choir brother ...

This is going to be a long battle.

I personally feel like the 5G Health concerns was something produced to upsell the service in the long run but the timing was bad and with the larger majority of the population having had 18 months sitting around bored and feeling lonely they need a cause to jump on and feel important.

I still however find more the councils are refusing applications before its even put before public, but that only really affects Three, other networks already have pre-approved permission to make changes in most cases to existing infrastructure,

Three is a one of a kind because its essentially a new network that is only now finally starting to do its own build, I've found all Three sites wherever I've looked to be old T-Mobile sites.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.00 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*27.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: BIRTHDAY10
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3561)
  2. BT (3023)
  3. Politics (1938)
  4. Building Digital UK (1927)
  5. FTTC (1887)
  6. Openreach (1837)
  7. Business (1691)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1479)
  9. Statistics (1409)
  10. FTTH (1365)
  11. 4G (1277)
  12. Fibre Optic (1174)
  13. Virgin Media (1171)
  14. Wireless Internet (1160)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1149)
  16. Vodafone (846)
  17. EE (834)
  18. 5G (771)
  19. TalkTalk (769)
  20. Sky Broadband (747)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules