Sponsored Links

Three network 5G roll out making gains

Depending on the antenna orientations in the masts it might be better if you happen to be off-axis from your current cell but and new mast might be more direct center of the cell... Even if the angle into your window is shallow.
@Stageshoot from the planning application for it, the antenna bearings are at 90, 210 and 330 degrees - hopefully you're located along one of those alignments...

@Stageshoot from the planning application for it, the antenna bearings are at 90, 210 and 330 degrees - hopefully you're located along one of those alignments...

Cheers, Thanks for that I could not find the info, Should be OK on the 90Deg beam them

The Red Dot is the new tower, Splodge of Cellmappper Green us
Image.png

Its certainly a lot.shorter throw than to our current tower.

Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 14.09.50.jpg

OK, bit of an update on our situation (Could kick myself).

The Local 5G Mast is going live early may (They are coming back to fit the top section 4th to 6th May)

But I had ordered a CPE PR) Router in anticipation from Ebay, that arrived today, so I set it up to give it a go, and lo and behold it gets a steady signal from the other 5G Tower that is supposed to be out of range.

Getting a superb 320mbps steady download, only 10 to 15mbps but thats fine.. So could have done this over 6 months ago when that tower went in Anyway live and learn at least we have the speed now!!!.

So at the back of the house (Current 4G Tower), speeds seem similar or a bit better than my current 715s which was 50-70mbps down and 25-30 up
now getting 90-110 down and 25-30up

At the Front of the House, was a dead spot with the 715s, max was 10mbps down and 4 to 6 up.. Now getting 320+ down and 10-12up

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 08.50.52.png

rang3.png

Wow, well done, those are great download speeds!

Cheers yes very happy with it, just moved the router to a more stable position in the other front window and thats pushed it to a stable 430mbps download. Anything around that and I am over the moon. (Anything over 200 I am over the moon).. Upload is crud but I can live with that!!

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 09.46.23.png

That's great!
In theory, you can find the best position by logging in the UI and checking the device information for RSRP/SINR etc. Depending on firmware you might have a dedicated button for it (see attachment) or you can use one of Huawei's apps, such as AI Life.. that said, it looks like you hit a nice sweet spot already.
Shame 4G is used for the uploads..

Attachments

• Selection_201.jpg
    Selection_201.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 123
Cheers yes it does have that button, I have a Chinese 372 so no UK Network crippled firmware. Am a bit limited in placement at mo as its in the wifes office window and I cant mess around with the layout too much.. But more than enough till the tower 400m away gos online in a couple of weeks.

We are 1.78km to this tower compared to 400m to the new one so will be interesting to see if that makes a difference

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 10.46.jpg

The initial numbers don't look great for n28 5G, based on a 2x2 configuration at 10mhz I only see about 110mbps coming of it.
That feels about right tbh.

Potentially though it could be configured 8x8 and achieve 440mbps, when pair with 4G this could peak at 1Gbps...

These figure may not be accurate but I figure a good ballpark figure.
No UE supports 8x8, so while the cell antenna could see a combined theoretical max, a single device wouldn't.

I'm off to the 3 shop this afternoon to find out about local 5G, they're usually pretty good for info.

Well as expected, they lied. They told me the engineers are working on my mast because someone complained last week. I told them the 5G signal dropped last November. They have different staff these days.

I'm not personally a fan of any phone shop. I especially hate EE/BTs (they share shops these days as you may have noticed). I was blatantly lied to and got put on a contract for 36 months which was much much more than I was told and that I can afford.

btw they won't actually let you into the shop. There's a rope across the door way and they shout at you from a distance. Weird.

btw they won't actually let you into the shop. There's a rope across the door way and they shout at you from a distance. Weird.
Yeah I've seen O2 doing that, didn't know three did that too though.

The one thing I do like about O2 is if your on pay as you go when you go into top up they check your phone to make sure it's in good working order and your SIM card is all ok etc. They are also aPpLe cErTiFiEd so apple can't shout at you if they repair your iPhone. They also do v good contract phones whereby once you have paid the RRP of the phone off they only make you pay airtime unlike the others.

The upload is 4G.. which we all know it's scheisse..

Yeah its just annoying as at the other side of the house I have Direct Sight on a Three Tower which is only 4G but gives me a solid 25 to 30mbps upload all day.

Wish I could have the best of both worlds.. Asking too much ;-)

Refused a second time in the same location.

Is not just cause networks cant use
Huawei seems like there is a high rate of refusal on installing 5G monopole.

Permission is mostly granted to roof top mast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516_132028.jpg
    Screenshot_20210516_132028.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 141
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules