Sponsored Links

Three network 5G roll out making gains

You can check when your local mast was last updated by using google street view and history. Mine was about 3 years ago.
Street view haven't even updated mine yet so the images are still of the mast before it was revamped

My post gone. :(

2nd try. Proposed mast in Grimsby, 20m high on roundabout, much ruckus. Build by 3 for EE reported by local rag.

My post gone. :(

2nd try. Proposed mast in Grimsby, 20m high on roundabout, much ruckus. Build by 3 for EE reported by local rag.
NE Lincs planning has a Prior Approval for a 15m Three/EE replacement near the roundabout at Morrisons/McDonalds on Laceby Road. Subsequent full planning application for 18m mast on the other-side of the road has been withdrawn?

I'm not seeing anything on planning there (yet) perhaps the local newspaper has someone on the inside of the planning department. Doesn't look like the worst area for current coverage but a taller mast, with,presumably 5G and low band too, would help both coverage/penetration into buildings and speeds

I have contacted customer service via webchat to see if there is any updates on 5G officially be served at my post code.

They told me upgrade works are happening in my area. As normal no network can provide time frame on the works as they can encouter problems, complexity of the work at the mast location etc...

With Three network its hard to believe as what customer service say you wait 6 months to 1 year still no upgrades or improvements just credits being added to your account.

I can see Three network are trying there best to roll out 5G in my area much of it refused.

Has anyone ever seen engineers working on a rooftop mast installing 5G / maintenance work or 5G monopole be maintained.

Twice I seen BT/ EE do some maintenance work being done on the 5G monopole next to my building

Pretty sure thats inactive now since they upgraded the rooftop mast at Clafe House.
Why would they deactivate a 5G mast unless it’s not 5G at all?

Unless its been replaced recently its never been 5G mast, used to be a single band mast and then had the shrough upgraded to add multiband antennas and since got decommisioned.
When I moved to the area in 2016 there was no monopole thats why im thinking its a 5G monopole cause if it was a 4G monopole it would come up on cellmapper

Its say T-Mobile I can hear its swicted on fan noise

Attachments

• IMG_20210617_124702.jpg
    IMG_20210617_124702.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20210617_124719.jpg
    IMG_20210617_124719.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 88
Its say T-Mobile I can hear its swicted on fan noise
Looks similar to one that was near me, band 3 only. Was always there but wasn't broadcasting or in use, even though it was still on.

A newer mast was put in place around the corner and this was removed and the new one went live. a week or two ago.

Probably the same thing happening here. Check planning applications for your area.

Looks similar to one that was near me, band 3 only. Was always there but wasn't broadcasting or in use, even though it was still on.

A newer mast was put in place around the corner and this was removed and the new one went live. a week or two ago.

Probably the same thing happening here. Check planning applications for your area.
Thanks for the info didnt thought to check the council planning application.

Its a Three Network mast as the document says.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617_152129_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20210617_152129_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20210617_152153_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210617_152153_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 90
I thought it was an EE monopole mast as it said T-Mobile I was wrong I knew some T-Mobile mast are Three Network how can you tell without looking.

Another thing if Three network applications are being refused on 5G roll out why cant they just make there existing 2G/3G, 4G monopole also support 5G if they put in application for an existing monopole to be replaced like they did before makes sense.

I thought you already knew this, you mentioned this mast a good while back when talking about the 5G broadband.

As you've found its an old single band mast, EE used to broadcast on this mast too but stopped some time back as mentioned.

There is unlikely to be a 5G upgrade done on this mast due to lack of space on the street and as can be seen its backhauling over wireless link with Clare House anyway.
Your right its backhauling.

When you see a monopole in the streets you straight away think its a 5G monopole

Poles have no physical capacity to do so, there is weight limits to what can be mounted and again where would 5G radio equipment go.

Example, look here https://goo.gl/maps/yZbVcqgraiFEbB5i7

This is the same sort of setup local to me but where EE and Three upgraded to 5G, the ammount of cabinets and furniture required is alot.
Thats identical to the one that was/is near me in Hull. The older smaller mast was there and the newer mast you've shown was installed 100ish metres away around the corner.

They removed the old mast and then the new one went live.

Your right its backhauling.

When you see a monopole in the streets you straight away think its a 5G monopole
I dont unless I see exposed massive MIMO as 5G can't work through a shroud + that design of monopole is 4G. The ones with all exposed panels (phase 7&8) are 5G and that's when I think oooh a 5G mast.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules