Sponsored Links

Three network 5G roll out making gains

Thats identical to the one that was/is near me in Hull. The older smaller mast was there and the newer mast you've shown was installed 100ish metres away around the corner.

They removed the old mast and then the new one went live.
This is a perfect example of what I mentioned in my last post, the antennas circled are the 5G ones (a stack for each operator, usually EE or 3 as I don't believe VF/O2 use this style).
IMG_20210617_182458.jpg

VF/O2 Monopoles aren't yet very widespread for 5G but they seen to be modifying there streetworks sites by changing the LTE antennas for shorter ones and adding the MaMIMO antennas at the bottom and cutting down the shroud.

Similar to this...
iu
or View attachment 1247

A note about the O2 planning.... there is already a Vodafone CTIL monopole to the right of the Bus Shelter so this looks to be a the start of Vodafone and O2 splitting across the Vodafone Host zones.

Yep. The attached is what VF have been putting up around Hull. You can see the old one in the BG. Not sure if that one is still being used by O2?

Attachments

• mast.jpg
    mast.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 137
If that's the case why are local councils even allowed to block planning permissions when a few woke Karen's kick off they're objections?
I know one near me, a three mast, got blocked because it was classed as a conservation area. (I literally had no idea this area was either! Haha)

Suppose some areas they want masts in, may be blocked for reasons like this.

I know one near me, a three mast, got blocked because it was classed as a conservation area. (I literally had no idea this area was either! Haha)

Suppose some areas they want masts in, may be blocked for reasons like this.
Surely three should plan better, why would you even put in a plan for a mast in a conservation area?

Surely three should plan better, why would you even put in a plan for a mast in a conservation area?
Apparently this is the issue with Chester due to being the old Roman city it is, the council are reluctant to allow certain digging and all the usual BS that comes along with it.

The gov strives for better connectivity but allows it to be stopped for very little reason or fake health concerns. There must be a point when they realise people need connectivity and should, within reason, automatically accept planned mast developments provided the location is actually fit for purpose and covers an appropriate area.

If that's the case why are local councils even allowed to block planning permissions when a few woke Karen's kick off they're objections?

Because being critical national infrastructure does not mean they need to or should necessarily be allowed to bang up masts any old place without any controls whatsoever. They do get pretty generous allowances already.

On the webchat yesterday, SMARTY CS said "
Very Soon entire UK will have 5G on all SMARRTY SIM
As of now its in limited areas" and soon meant 'two months' before they gave access to 5G.

Well that's something.

Ok, so it is happening indeed.
Just tested a fresh SIM in my CPE Win and results are good considering the signal is not great.

I'm getting speeds a bit lower than EE 5G, but also lower pings.

I hope they get planning permission for more nearby (EN2) deployments.

Attachments

• Image7009677175729503808.jpg
    Image7009677175729503808.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Image9107758993199735613.jpg
    Image9107758993199735613.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 115
If SMARTY doesn't allow 5G access, then I might go to ID Mobile that does. Just found out that tethering is also known as PAM.
Try ordering a smarty sim and check that way, you can request a refund from them within 14 days if you’re not happy with the service.

Has there been any testing on band 28 in Birmingham/Leicester yet? Cellmapper is showing some more availability:
B35BE219-9979-4B71-8DAA-6D382ED2A16B.jpg

Networks are now widely using DSS technology to distribute 5G signals simaltaniously with 4G signals.

I've noticed Vodafone have started using it on a mast in my area, and I think EE also using it in a few spots too, and yes Three are likely to be using it on 700mhz
I’d be living on dream for Chester to see any of this any time in the next year.

Vodafone and O2 need to hurry and put some 5G here as their mast locals at present are more likely to be better received than EE if they added to monopoles.

Three have recently updated the coverage near me showing a suspected 5G mast has gone live, so might be worth people having another look.

Sadly not covering my home location but a main sector of Chester improved.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules